We have been working as remote server admintrators for a reputed firm and are now intersted to work independently. We are looking for an opportunity to work in a challenging environment where we can render our knowledge and skills in a more productive manner.
Operating Systems – Linux(Any flavor)
Virtualization – Openvz, Virtuozzo
Web Servers – Apache
Mail Servers – Exim, Qmail, Postfix
Databases - MySQL , PostgreSQL
Control Panels – cPanel, Plesk, Directadmin
We have hands-on experience in the following areas:
• Remote Server Administration and Troubleshooting in Linux
• Server Migration and Data restoration.
• Tweaking and tuning the server services.
• Handling Escalated 3'rd level issues.
• Customizing Linux Kernel and security patching.
• Linux Shell Scripting.
• Installation and administration of apache web server.
• MySQL database server installation and administration (Dumping, Restoring, optimizing).
• Mail server administration (Exim,qmail).
• Setting up and administering Name servers (BIND).
• Ftp server administration (pure-ftpd, proftpd).
• Installation and configuration of third party packages like FFMPEG, Oscommerce, Fantastico, Joomla, Zencart, security applications, monitoring tools(nagios) etc.
• Troubleshooting of PHP, MySQL related issues in the client domains.
• Ensure server security using APF, IPTABLES rkhunter, portsentry, logwatch, nmap and TCPWrappers.
• Investigating abuse issues(Spamming and Hack Attempts)
• User and Admin level expertise with control panels such as cPanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin and Virtuozzo.
• Auditing servers, checking for server health and security. The audits include common system checks, service checks, log analysis, analysis of resource usage, security checks using various tools and rootkits.
• Monitoring servers and services.