Thread: Dragonara

Dragonara

I'm receiving a bad ddos so I need better protection. Does anyone know much about dragonara.net? It's quite expensive, but I'll have to bite the bullet. Anything anyone can tell me?

I have had some positive results with Staminus personally but I'm not sure if they can help you (it depends on the size/type of the attack) but it certainly wouldn't hurt to contact them.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Staminus or NetAwk are cheaper alternatives. I agree.

Matt's a devoted guy, Staminus should be able to assist.
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

Who are you getting DDOS protection from right now?

I'm on a dedicated server with no REAL protection.

Ah yes, I do remember Staminus spamming the board here about a week ago. Personally do not know Matthew and do not know much about his services. As was mentioned, Depends on the severity of the attack that is taking place to whehter it can be mitigated or not.

Small ranged attacks can usually be held off, But in a past thread with a certain website the attack was quite large for it to be mitigated therefore bringing the servers down.

Sighs at why people can do such horrible things is way beyond my imagination.

Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by SaturnStar View Post
    I'm on a dedicated server with no REAL protection.
    Do you know the scale/size of the attack that you're currently experiencing?

So maybe as the first step that would be reasonable to get in touch with your web hosting provider and ask them about that?
    See what they can offer. Possibly that would be less expensive
    Last edited by SiberForum; 08-12-2009 at 01:41 AM.

The attack pushed me to 1000gb ->> bandwidth usage in a few hours.. CPU is constantly at 260. Nothing loads.

I've been in touch with my datacenter, however there's nothing they know of, they're pretty lost on the matter. All they say I can do is just take the server down, really. Because I'm getting a DDOS attack, the attacker must have some reason, and it's my own fault, so they don't want to know.

I'm with Atjeu.

This attack is effecting my competitors too.

Staminus? How is that? Feedback?

BlackLotus and Gigenet's Proxy Shield is also worth looking at. However, your provider must be able to provide you with more details on the attack such as size and origin in order for you to get the right DDOS protection.

Origin? It's coming from many compromised computers around the world.

In terms of size, it's significant. 100m bits bandwidth consumption when its bad

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Ah yes, I do remember Staminus spamming the board here about a week ago.

Sean

I don't think WHT allows spamming as far as I know! Perhaps you can clarify.

DDoS attacks have several dimensions that can drastically alter the level and quality of filtering required to effectively 'scrub' the traffic. For example, 99% effective filtering may be great when you're faced with 10,000 packets per second, but at 500,000 packets per second that 99% probably won't save you. Thus, you'll probably want 99.5%+ filtering.

Often times, hosts without existing security will not have a reliable way to detect the rate of the attack so getting detailed information may be harder said than done.

Good luck with the hunt!
    Matt Mahvi
    Staminus, Infrastructure DDoS Protection and Appliances
    @ 200+ Gbps global ddos mitigation network. Local or Remote. Proxy, GRE, and direct cross connects.
    @ Available in Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles and Orange County. Anycast BGP.

Their Not! It is against the rules and the post was removed.
    If it was the Owner or the employee they spammed the thread that was in question to DDOS and gained the client by doing so.

Their Not! It is against the rules and the post was removed.
    If it was the Owner or the employee they spammed the thread that was in question to DDOS and gained the client by doing so.
    *shrug* Staminus has been around these forums for a very long time. I've never seen Matt spam for clients.. I'd be sure who it was before placing blame. What thread are you referring to? How do you know they gained a client from it?
    FiberPeer.Com | | REAL DDoS Protection | Cloud Hosting | VPS | Dedicated Servers | High Bandwidth Hosting | 1Gbps-10Gbps Unmetered
    FiberPeer DDoS Mitigation | ethProxy Upgraded! | 14-Years Experience | Emergency 24/7 Support
    Visit us @ www.fiberpeer.com

*shrug* Staminus has been around these forums for a very long time. I've never seen Matt spam for clients.. I'd be sure who it was before placing blame. What thread are you referring to? How do you know they gained a client from it?
    I did not specifically point the blame at a name, It was in regards to the DDos thread created by SharonLane or LaneSharon.

I specifically reported the thread to the Mods in who removed the offending content. I watched the thread and Sharon decided to go with Staminus, So in regards I never pointed the blame but it was done by someone via staminus.

*sighs*

I did not specifically point the blame at a name, It was in regards to the DDos thread created by SharonLane or LaneSharon.

I specifically reported the thread to the Mods in who removed the offending content. I watched the thread and Sharon decided to go with Staminus, So in regards I never pointed the blame but it was done by someone via staminus.

*sighs*
    Yes, we offered a public service web portal regarding cancer free security and support -- pro bono publico my friend!

Perhaps you consider this spam, but I consider it a duty.
    Last edited by toro; 08-13-2009 at 12:56 PM.
    Matt Mahvi
    Staminus, Infrastructure DDoS Protection and Appliances
    @ 200+ Gbps global ddos mitigation network. Local or Remote. Proxy, GRE, and direct cross connects.
    @ Available in Amsterdam, New York, Los Angeles and Orange County. Anycast BGP.

Quote Originally Posted by toro View Post
    I do as well remember the post being removed but to be honest I don't blame you at all for making it (although a PM probably would have been a better option, even though that also is against the rules) given the circumstances.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Based on what you are looking for there are several companies that I would refer that utilize our gear for DDoS mitigation. HostICan, Take2Hosting and others if you would like a list.

Ask your data center for a Access Log. Most keep them upto 3 years. You can trace the IP backwards to the Person who is giving you this grief.

If you dont want to change host and you want to keep your server, My advice is this:

You have to shut down your server (take it offline for a week oe 2) and do some upgrades. Contact your data center and ask if you can Have 4 connection cables so not all the traffic is flowing down the 1 line clogging it up. Make your site is static so that not as much data is flowing outwards and maybe invest in a programme to monitor the data flow and set a rate of (lets say) any IP download over 100 MB of data is blocked for 24-48 hours or more.

Its simple and Its 1 method of stopping it.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

You shouldn't have to go through shutting down or even much re-configuring if your hosting company has invested in DDoS mitigation. We're seeing a big increase in attacks lately and although lots of heard about the large Twitter Facebook attacks we're seeing them hit smaller web ecommerce guys. Over the last month cigars, watches, diamonds and other similar sites have all been hit.

dragonara.net s*hit

The dragonara.net is the worst s*hit that exists.
    Besides being expensive servers and promised that protects data in fact does not protect NOTHING.

And charge values ​​that do not explain what it is.

For exemple, pay the first month $299 and second month receive an invoice for $900.

And having used the server only a week, because it was not working properly.

And send an email asking for the cancellation and yet they send the invoice to pay of $900.

IS A GOOD S*HIT dragonara.net