Two Domains For One Site?

We have a VPS, and for now we'll call the domain domain1.com

The domain was blocked from a few member's work as it has the word "gaming" in it, so we went out and bought another domain name for these people to view the site, calling it domain2.com

Now the problem:

Is there any way to get both of these domain names working on one site without just having a re-direct? Meaning, I want to type domain2.com in the browser and have the URL stay domain2.com, instead of switching to domain1.com.

What type of hosting account are you running for domain1.com? Do you have the ability to park a domain?

We run a gaming community as well and the domain is ____gaming.com but we also have 3 other domains that people have used over the years which all goto the same website. These are not redirects. When parked, they simply replace your domain1.com with domain2.com like you want.

I'm not sure if Google will penalize for this though. Might need to ask about that.

Every time I try to park the domain in our cpanel, all it does is just re-direct to domain1.com

Hmmm, I'm logged into my cPanel account right now and it is indeed a parked domain. I do see it makes mention of no redirect being enabled. Do you have that on somehow?
    Last edited by Mekhu; 08-11-2009 at 11:05 PM.

i have this problem too , can any one help ?

Why bothering with cPanel? What about URL Forwarding? Would this works?

Most domain registrars like name.com allows masked url forwarding where when you enter in browser domain2.com it will be always domain2.com but you will be actually on your old gaming site.

Check in your "domain2.com" domain registrar interface for "URL Forwarding" option.

Example:

primary url: http://www.spletnabaza.com/
    secondary url: http://www.spletnabaza.net/

(it's same site)
    Last edited by Spirit; 08-12-2009 at 05:22 AM.

If you are using a Linux hosting, park the new domain will be the most easilier method.

Technically all you need to do is add another apache virtual host for domain2.com, and point it to the same html docs folder as domain1.com.
    Assuming there is no .htaccess trickery or URL forwarding in the sites php scripts, the site will be accessible from both URL's in the same fashion.

So no one knows how to do this? I'm shocked it's that tough an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by coax View Post
    Technically all you need to do is add another apache virtual host for domain2.com, and point it to the same html docs folder as domain1.com.
    Assuming there is no .htaccess trickery or URL forwarding in the sites php scripts, the site will be accessible from both URL's in the same fashion.
    Instructions for this? I'm not really advanced in this.

In apache, you have to add a virtual host for both domains that point to the same folder.
    This way both domains will work the same way.
    The only problem are the links on the page. They would need to not have the full domain in them but rather only local paths like /login.php instead of www.domain.com/login.php.
    It's really kind of hard to put down every single issue you could encounter with this method in one post. Just make a virtual host in apache in httpd.conf and see how it works.

Honestly, I don't support an idea to have multiple domains for the same website.

... use the domain as an addon domain and appoint it to the document root or simply put all the contents into the subfolder it directs to and it should work all the same

did you try it?