Good Book For the Computer illiterate

urg subject is prolly mispelled... anyway im looking for a computer book for my mom... i want something that will guide her through email, internet and all that... how to use a bit of word... and other stuff so i doint get asked 24/7 is probably gonna be an xmas present... ive looked at bn.com one book on there was way to deep... urgh... i want something with screen shots... should be relatevly new (her box runs win XP) doesnt have to be deep... hopefully not uber expensive... i want reviews links n stuff help appreciated thanx

techtv has some really good books.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

I got a relative a "something for dumbies".. can't remember what it was.. those books are always helpful.

If you go to the computer section of your local book store, you will see many books on the subject. And looking at them in a *real life* you can determine what is the right one.

The manual that comes with a windows CD is a good basic start to navigate windows itself. Alternatively, you could enrol her in a basic computing course, especially one that involves word processing etc. I know many who were *hooked* after completing one of these
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Have to second the 'dummies' guides. Seems you can get one for almost anything these days. While the name of them seems a little insulting, people seem to find them useful.

Greg Moore
    Former Webhost... now, just a guy.

Yeah sure, but then that involves buying a heap of books....dummies for windows, dummies for msword, dummies for internet..etc...
    If you donít like the road youíre walking on, start paving a new one.

Yeah sure, but then that involves buying a heap of books....dummies for windows, dummies for msword, dummies for internet..etc...
    Well you wouldn't necessarily have to buy "dummies for internet" just show her how to get to this forum.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?