Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Paypal Fees?

Paypal Fees?

This is driving me crazy. I see that paypal are now charging for sending payments to a personal account IF you do not have a bank account / credit card attached to the sending account. I am going crazy or is this just wrong?

That doesn't seem quite right to me and I'm a bit sick of PayPal and the new restrictions they are implementing. So, you are not alone
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Why wouldn't you setup bank account?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaber View Post
    Why wouldn't you setup bank account?
    I've run out of bank accounts in one country and won't be visiting there for a few months.

For accounts that are verified and have a bank account or credit card attached, there is no issue. Setting up this within PayPal is simple and easy. Also if you are sending money online to other PayPal users you should have some type of backup source for payments.

For example, we personally have our business bank account, business American express credit card and our visa business credit card. Reason why we do have these sources attached to our PayPal account is because we do send money to our affiliates through PayPal. It also makes sure if clients open disputes money is there or if a client requests a refund.

The problem with paypal is that if you have multiple businesses and wish to keep your paypal accounts separate, you need to have separate bank accounts and separate credit cards for each one. This is not always possible nor always practical or recommended.
    hostingDifferent---We're hostingDifferent.™
    Premium, Managed and DIY WordPress hosting DONE RIGHT.
    Find out what SERVICE really means!--We're hostingDifferent.

Paypal has always had a ton of fees, and steep ones at that. If it weren't for ebay I doubt it would have ever caught on. You can check other services though like google checkout for alternatives.
    Greg Landis | Director of Growth Jaguarpc - Unlock Superior Hosting with JaguarPC
    Managed Servers - Virtual Private Servers | AMD EPYC Dedicated servers
    Follow us @ Facebook.com/Jaguarpc | (888)-338-5261 | greg @ jaguarpc.com

Everyone has to make their money, I suppose, and essentially this is PayPal's way of making theirs. Wrong or not -- this was always on the cards in hindsight, especially in the current climate.

The fee might also be needed as a cushion for when things go wrong.

And yes, everyone should have a chance to make their dime. Paypal is no exception. If you won't let them make money, you'll be back to sticking a cheque in the mail. That's time + envelope + postage + risk + bank charges.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Paypay have loads of differant fee's and they must be making loads, and i agree with the statement about if there was no ebay paypal wouldn't have caught on.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucas0123 View Post
    Paypay have loads of differant fee's and they must be making loads, and i agree with the statement about if there was no ebay paypal wouldn't have caught on.
    Exactly the same fees as running your own merchant... It's not FREE to process credit cards, as for withdraw the money from PayPal is FREE for UK & USA bank account holders!
    Explore our outstanding VPS choices tailored to your budget, and we welcome reasonable offers.
    VPS Price Match Guarantee on: All our range of DDOS protected XEN HVM VPS
    == Contact us for any online solution development or managed / unmanaged vps hosting ==

I've found out the fees are actually cross-border fees for when payments are made to non-Australian PP personal accounts. Struggling to see where this costs PP anything. There is no currency exchange. It looks like USA and UK accounts don't have the same limitations.

There are tips on saving money during transfers if you have funds on your account already. You can always do a Mass-Pay, which will save you a lot of money transfering funds.

Quote Originally Posted by Hostlatte View Post
    There are tips on saving money during transfers if you have funds on your account already. You can always do a Mass-Pay, which will save you a lot of money transfering funds.
    TBH there shouldn't need to be any tips. I am transferring money to a personal account and PP want to charge a cross-border fee!

PayPal is in business to make money. Until their fees start increasing their customer churn, expect charges to continue as is. I don't much like it either, but it's the expense of doing business.
    ProlimeHost - Dedicated Server Hosting & KVM SSD VPS
    Three Datacenter Locations: Los Angeles, Denver & Singapore
    SuperMicro Hardware | Multiple Bandwidth Providers | 24/7 On-site Engineers

It *is* still the most popular payment processor so no choice, I have to use it.

I thought you where not allowed to send money unless you have a bank account tied to your paypal account?

Quote Originally Posted by trafficbatch View Post
    I thought you where not allowed to send money unless you have a bank account tied to your paypal account?
    Thats actually irrelevant now if you have an Aussie PP account. Any money sent to an non-Aus account attracts a cross-border charge. This is new since June 1st.

I agree with steve

Paypal fees always annoy me, going to be getting a merchant account soon which will be able to help get some of the business away from them . . .
    ClanDrive Hosting | The No Fuss Webhost
    Shared & Reseller * Seattle - West Coast * LiteSpeed * cPanel * Fantastico * R1Soft * &More *
    Dedicated * Seattle - West Coast * 1-Minute Monitoring *
    VPS * NY - East Coast * OpenVZ *

never had any issues with paypal

Quote Originally Posted by jorge007 View Post
    never had any issues with paypal
    You should go work for them. Personally we are now setting up a merchant account to have more options and reduce our exposure to PP.

PayPal continues their trend of PayPal fee's, stupid policies, and false seller protection. They advertise what they can, take the money they can.

I think they should charge the buyer, not the seller, we want our money, the buyer is using the processing service in theory so should pay the fee.

I think they could do better and offer lower rates for a subscription, currently there subscriptions are so overpriced.
    Follow me on Twitter: @conrjac

It is really annoying and I really hope there are more chanels for us to pay!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast