Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Serious Problem with WorldStream

Instead of being like all the other providers and send invoice reminders, they send you the invoice on the due date and kill access to your server, and then when you pay the invoice, you have to wait for them to turn it back on...

It seems very foolish of them to put their customers at such a high risk of missing a payment. Since every host wants to make money and get paid this seems counterproductive and unlikely. Is it possible the reminders and/or notices you received were caught in a spam filter or something?
    Steve Eschweiler - Hivelocity.net - Since 2002
    The Bare Metal Cloud Co.
    Instantly Deploy Dedicated Servers in 30 Data Centers on 4 Continents
    24/7/365 World Class Phone, Chat and Ticket Technical Support

never heard of such are you sure you got invoice on due date itself ?

I do not see the point in that. Even with your Cable TV, Cell phone and other bills you receive them weeks in advanced. That's a foolish act on the companies behalf not to allow more time for clients. I'm actually in shock - they want their money now and not a day later. I actually think that would be enough for me to start looking for a new web hosting provider, very annoying. Best of luck to you.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Where is worldstream located?
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

For what it's worth, I received my invoice from Worldstream on August 5th. Payment is due by August 16th.

@weiny: Maybe you guys talk about another company. Where is Worldstream located?
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017 Support response time <15 minutes 24/7
    Introducing our new Entry level server line ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7. Technology Fast 50 & Fast 500 award winning for multiple years, Your Business deserves Swiftway Quality.

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    @weiny: Maybe you guys talk about another company. Where is Worldstream located?
    NL: http://www.worldstream.nl/

Never heard about them. They operate from the Netherlands?
    Do you have some pictures from their datacenter?

Actually, You might be wrong. I always receive an invoice 10 days before the due date. Check your spam filter.

Seems to be a bit weird to me. What is their response on this?
    » www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    » Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands + Belgium with DAILY support, also on weekends
    » 3.2 Tbit/s Network AS49453 with only 100 Gbit/s uplink backbone
    » 1G/10G/40G/100 Gbit ports available | 99,99% Network Uptime goal

The Worldstream datacenter seems to be in Maasdijk, the Netherlands (according their website). This is a Dutch village (5000 people) . The datacenter is connected by Caiway http://www.as15435.net/ , a cable internet provider.

Are there any photo's available from this datacenter?
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 08-11-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elfz View Post
    Instead of being like all the other providers and send invoice reminders, they send you the invoice on the due date and kill access to your server, and then when you pay the invoice, you have to wait for them to turn it back on...
    Dear,

We don't know who this guy is, but all invoices are sent 10 days before the new period begins. If the invoice hasn't been paid after these 10 days, a warning will be sent. If then after 5 days we still haven't received any note or payment, we will contact you for the last time. And then we will disable your server. And I cannot find any customer that has been complaining about this for the last month. So this story smells badly.

It seems this topic has been set up by Swiftnoc because he knows who we are.

Maasdijk is know for it's large activity of many businesses.

The Worldstream datacenter seems to be in Maasdijk, the Netherlands (according their website). This is a Dutch village (5000 people) . The datacenter is connected by Caiway http://www.as15435.net/ , a cable internet provider.

Are there any photo's available from this datacenter?
    What is this all about?

I thought we are talking about the late invoice being sent?

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Never got any problem with them, we have several servers and invoice are always sent usually 2 week before due date.
    UnderHost.comOffshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    Managed OnApp CloudUSA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Caribbean - United States - Russia

Quote Originally Posted by weiny View Post
    For what it's worth, I received my invoice from Worldstream on August 5th. Payment is due by August 16th.
    That's right. Everything is automatic!

Quote Originally Posted by WorldStream View Post
    It seems this topic has been set up by Swiftnoc because he knows who we are.
    Maybe just ask the TS who he is? I certainly did not start this topic.

I was just suprised that you guys seem to have your own fully outfitted datacenter in NL. I was just curious if anyone has photo's of your center. We like to keep track of the competition.
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 08-12-2009 at 07:48 AM.

Maybe just ask the TS who he is? I certainly did not start this topic.

I was just suprised that you guys seem to have your own fully outfitted datacenter in NL. I was just curious if anyone has photo's of your center. We like to keep track of the competition.
    Ok, first of all I would like to ask the TS to send us an e-mail at info [at] worldstream.nl to sort some things out. We still haven't got any clue who the TS is or could be.

Just e-mail us if you want to know something about our DC. We won't bite.

I'm back to work now.

Kind regards,

Dirk
    WorldStream

I know three people who have server's at WorldStream and they are that happy with the service they have attempted to persuade me to move over
    I don't post a lot.

TS = Technical Support ?

Quote Originally Posted by CretaForce View Post
    TS = Technical Support ?
    hehe, could be....
    © www.hostinginside.com AS9678 √
    © Taiwan Colocation and Dedicated Server
    © Taiwan, Singapore, US, UK & Germany KVM Based VPS with RAID 10

TS = Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by WorldStream View Post
    Ok, first of all I would like to ask the TS to send us an e-mail at info [at] worldstream.nl to sort some things out. We still haven't got any clue who the TS is or could be.

Just e-mail us if you want to know something about our DC. We won't bite.

I'm back to work now.

Kind regards,

Dirk
    WorldStream
    swiftnoc right. It would be good if you add more information about your business and datacenter to your site, since very little information is available on your site.
    It could increase your sales as well...

Quote Originally Posted by seosuperhero View Post
    swiftnoc right. It would be good if you add more information about your business and datacenter to your site, since very little information is available on your site.
    It could increase your sales as well...
    Well, our business is quite simple. We offer Dedicated servers and that's it. You're right about our Datacenter. We need to take some professional photos to put on our website. I'll forward that request to my collegues.

Never heard about them. They operate from the Netherlands?
    Do you have some pictures from their datacenter?
    Never heard?

07-26-2009, 04:16 PM
    Worldstream uses a cable provider network and does not operate their own network, so they could be classified as a reseller (of bandwidth). Therefore their provider sees them as the end user.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...0&postcount=44
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast