Serious Problem with WorldStream

Instead of being like all the other providers and send invoice reminders, they send you the invoice on the due date and kill access to your server, and then when you pay the invoice, you have to wait for them to turn it back on...

It seems very foolish of them to put their customers at such a high risk of missing a payment. Since every host wants to make money and get paid this seems counterproductive and unlikely. Is it possible the reminders and/or notices you received were caught in a spam filter or something?
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

never heard of such are you sure you got invoice on due date itself ?

I do not see the point in that. Even with your Cable TV, Cell phone and other bills you receive them weeks in advanced. That's a foolish act on the companies behalf not to allow more time for clients. I'm actually in shock - they want their money now and not a day later. I actually think that would be enough for me to start looking for a new web hosting provider, very annoying. Best of luck to you.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Where is worldstream located?
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

For what it's worth, I received my invoice from Worldstream on August 5th. Payment is due by August 16th.

@weiny: Maybe you guys talk about another company. Where is Worldstream located?
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

Quote Originally Posted by swiftnoc View Post
    @weiny: Maybe you guys talk about another company. Where is Worldstream located?
    NL: http://www.worldstream.nl/

Never heard about them. They operate from the Netherlands?
    Do you have some pictures from their datacenter?

Actually, You might be wrong. I always receive an invoice 10 days before the due date. Check your spam filter.

Seems to be a bit weird to me. What is their response on this?
    www.InstantDedicated.com - Online in no time
    Dedicated Servers in [EU] Netherlands with DAILY support, also on weekends
    DDOS Protected network - 100% Money Back if it doesn't work for you
    Streaming / IPTV allowed | Up to 10 Gbit ports | 100% Network Uptime

The Worldstream datacenter seems to be in Maasdijk, the Netherlands (according their website). This is a Dutch village (5000 people) . The datacenter is connected by Caiway http://www.as15435.net/ , a cable internet provider.

Are there any photo's available from this datacenter?
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 08-11-2009 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by elfz View Post
    Instead of being like all the other providers and send invoice reminders, they send you the invoice on the due date and kill access to your server, and then when you pay the invoice, you have to wait for them to turn it back on...
    Dear,

We don't know who this guy is, but all invoices are sent 10 days before the new period begins. If the invoice hasn't been paid after these 10 days, a warning will be sent. If then after 5 days we still haven't received any note or payment, we will contact you for the last time. And then we will disable your server. And I cannot find any customer that has been complaining about this for the last month. So this story smells badly.

It seems this topic has been set up by Swiftnoc because he knows who we are.

Maasdijk is know for it's large activity of many businesses.
    WorldStream B.V. | https://www.worldstream.nl
    Office: (+31)(0)174 - 712 117
    P.O. Box 223, 2670 AE Naaldwijk, The Netherlands
    Like us on Facebook

The Worldstream datacenter seems to be in Maasdijk, the Netherlands (according their website). This is a Dutch village (5000 people) . The datacenter is connected by Caiway http://www.as15435.net/ , a cable internet provider.

Are there any photo's available from this datacenter?
    What is this all about?

I thought we are talking about the late invoice being sent?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Never got any problem with them, we have several servers and invoice are always sent usually 2 week before due date.
    UnderHost Inc. Offshore Hosting Solutions and USA/Canadian based servers.
    24/7 Rapid Support / 99.9% Uptime Guarantee / Shared / Cloud / VPS / Dedicated Servers
    Managed OnApp Cloud USA Cloud Virtual Datacenter - Dedicated and Scalable Resources
    Hong Kong - Netherlands - Canada - Panama - United States - Russia

Quote Originally Posted by weiny View Post
    For what it's worth, I received my invoice from Worldstream on August 5th. Payment is due by August 16th.
    That's right. Everything is automatic!
    Like us on Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by WorldStream View Post
    It seems this topic has been set up by Swiftnoc because he knows who we are.
    Maybe just ask the TS who he is? I certainly did not start this topic.

I was just suprised that you guys seem to have your own fully outfitted datacenter in NL. I was just curious if anyone has photo's of your center. We like to keep track of the competition.
    Last edited by swiftnoc; 08-12-2009 at 07:48 AM.

Maybe just ask the TS who he is? I certainly did not start this topic.

I was just suprised that you guys seem to have your own fully outfitted datacenter in NL. I was just curious if anyone has photo's of your center. We like to keep track of the competition.
    Ok, first of all I would like to ask the TS to send us an e-mail at info [at] worldstream.nl to sort some things out. We still haven't got any clue who the TS is or could be.

Just e-mail us if you want to know something about our DC. We won't bite.

I'm back to work now.

Kind regards,

Dirk
    WorldStream
    Like us on Facebook

I know three people who have server's at WorldStream and they are that happy with the service they have attempted to persuade me to move over
    I don't post a lot.

TS = Technical Support ?

Quote Originally Posted by CretaForce View Post
    TS = Technical Support ?
    hehe, could be....
    www.hostinginside.com
    Taiwan Dedicated Server
    Taiwan, US, UK & Germany XEN Based VPS with RAID 10

TS = Thread Starter

Quote Originally Posted by WorldStream View Post
    Ok, first of all I would like to ask the TS to send us an e-mail at info [at] worldstream.nl to sort some things out. We still haven't got any clue who the TS is or could be.

Just e-mail us if you want to know something about our DC. We won't bite.

I'm back to work now.

Kind regards,

Dirk
    WorldStream
    swiftnoc right. It would be good if you add more information about your business and datacenter to your site, since very little information is available on your site.
    It could increase your sales as well...

Quote Originally Posted by seosuperhero View Post
    swiftnoc right. It would be good if you add more information about your business and datacenter to your site, since very little information is available on your site.
    It could increase your sales as well...
    Well, our business is quite simple. We offer Dedicated servers and that's it. You're right about our Datacenter. We need to take some professional photos to put on our website. I'll forward that request to my collegues.
    Like us on Facebook

Never heard about them. They operate from the Netherlands?
    Do you have some pictures from their datacenter?
    Never heard?

07-26-2009, 04:16 PM
    Worldstream uses a cable provider network and does not operate their own network, so they could be classified as a reseller (of bandwidth). Therefore their provider sees them as the end user.
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showpo...0&postcount=44
    You will only find out how good a provider is when the going gets tough

Yeah that's strange since swiftnocs post is about 3 weeks old in that thread.

Anyway what seems strange about worldstream having their own datacenter?
    Is this something that costs too much money for most companies to afford?
    Maybe the DC is owned by someone else or they share it.

Quote Originally Posted by coax View Post
    Yeah that's strange since swiftnocs post is about 3 weeks old in that thread.
    Must have checked the site and forgotten about the company. My mistake.

Anyway what seems strange about worldstream having their own datacenter?
    They say they build their own. Ofcourse it all depends what we understand in the word datacenter. But in short, this is why its odd:

1. No pictures/photo's available of the datacenter, not even of the build of the DC.

2. Company owns a datacenter but not their own network.

3. From Dutch tax and liability point of view, its odd that a company with a turnover to justify and afford their own datacenter, is not a limited liability (BV) company. All Datacenters i know in NL, are owned by a Limited Liability company.

Its very well possible that they have their own DC however. But these things struck me as 'strange'

Is this something that costs too much money for most companies to afford?
    Maybe the DC is owned by someone else or they share it.
    Yes, building a fully kitted datacenter is very expensive. We talk about millions of EURO.

When I had my server with them I ALWAYS missed the damn due date because they would issue the invoice weeks in advance and I couldn't remember it. They never shut down my server though due to payment, they would e-mail & I would pay it right away, but it was annoying.

I had 2 servers with them, first a P4 Windows 2003 for a low price due to a deal I found on WHT.com. Couple months later I get a large server from them and then cancel after roughly a year of using it. After canceling it, it took them about 2 or 3 months before they could stop having their system issuing invoices. The very last time they sent me an invoice they said they are going to be raising the price of my P4 due and I quote "The other invoice for the cheap server has been increased, because you only rent 1 little server at us now." To me, this was insulting that they don't value customers unless they are getting big servers and not little servers. I argueed for the regular pricing and then cancelled it right away.

Their servers & network are amazing, but their customer service/sales/billing are crooks in my opinion.

@swiftnoc
    Mate, how I can see you are playing some police officer in this topic and many others.

1. No pictures/photo's available of the datacenter, not even of the build of the DC.
    I think that you mentored somewhere that you own Data Center too, and I don't see that you provided any info regarding that on your website?
    Where we can see your DC photos?

2. Company owns a datacenter but not their own network.
    This doesn't explain anything. Maybe they decided to invest in other things, and leave network to professional ISP.
    And they did right thing with that choice, they have better quality of network then many NL providers.

3. From Dutch tax and liability point of view, its odd that a company with a turnover to justify and afford their own datacenter, is not a limited liability (BV) company. All Datacenters i know in NL, are owned by a Limited Liability company.
    Can you please tell me how are registered WeDare or OCOM?

I don't mean anything negative about you and your company, just take it easy. Leave other providers to work their business, and accept thing that you cannot be the best in everything and offer always the best solution. (One friendly advice)
    ---

Ok, let's back to main issue in this topic
    I guess it was some misunderstand or some mistake in their billing system.
    // AltusHost - European Web Hosting Provider
    // Dedicated Servers | XEN VPS Hosting | Web Hosting
    // 2 EU Locations: Netherlands & Sweden
    // Superior 24/7 Technical Support

Quote Originally Posted by Turelio View Post
    @swiftnoc
    I think that you mentored somewhere that you own Data Center too, and I don't see that you provided any info regarding that on your website?
    We use the Easynet datacenter. Details are on our website.

Quote Originally Posted by Turelio View Post
    Can you please tell me how are registered WeDare or OCOM?
    OCOM BV
    Wedare BV

Both are limited liability companies.

.... stuff ...
    One of their nameserver IP's are owned by Grafix Internet B.V.
    http://www.grafix.nl/

If you look at this page: http://www.vollebregtonline.nl/network

WorldStream has chosen for quality, thats why re use the high-end networks and data facilities of Grafix Internet. The staff of WorldStream are the only persons which can have access to these server suites.
    Hmmm

Plus their domain is regged in 2005

hi swiftnoc, long time no see. Making new friends in here ? U know exactly about worldstream, enough hits discussing together at [email protected]

http://www.google.nl/search?hl=nl&rl...G=Zoeken&meta=

We use the Easynet datacenter. Details are on our website.

OCOM BV
    Wedare BV

Both are limited liability companies.
    Dear Remon, or Swiftnoc,

I intended to just let this thread for what it was, but you're just killing me (and I hope not my collegues) about this strange arguments you're coming up with.
    Why do you need a BV to setup a Datacenter? That's a total nonsense. We are a C.V. (that means a company with investors) and we DID set up our own Datacenter which costs INDEED a lot of money. But we want the best for our customers. We had so much trouble with other Datacenters in the past (I won't mention any names) if it comes to redundant power or network or even the airconditioning.

We now have our own buildings, our own generators, our own fiber lines (multiple 10gigabit!), own airconditioners, and all the equipment is new and with a service agreement so that everything is running smoothly.

The pictures are coming, but we just think it's more important to keep our customers happy then coming up with some pictures of our Datacenter to keep our competitors up-to-date.

Just don't talk about things you don't know. We are happy with our customers and we do try our best to keep our customers happy with us.

Regards,

Dirk
    WorldStream
    Like us on Facebook

They are not strange argument, but you misread them.

You do not need a BV to setup a datacenter in the Netherlands, but it would be a more obvious choice. With a BV you limit your liability and you pay (in some cases much) less tax when your profit exceeds Euro 70 000,- a year. If you own your own datacenter, i assume your profits exceed 70k euro / year.

Pictures of the datacenter are also important for customer relationships, specially if you do not allow customers to visit the datacenter.

I agree with you that building your own datacenter (or converting an existing building) is the best choice in the long run.

My experience with WS is 10/10 so far (have server with them for 15 days maybe).I got great deal for nice price. Network from here (Bosnia) is great too. I run two services that kinda need 100% uptime(short url service and image hosting),and had no issues at all. I payed for month and half in front so next invoice could be after 15th in month.. They had no problems with this and right after I payed for that invoice new invoice was generated (due 18.9) and,if I want, I could pay it right now.. So there is no issues with invoices, there is just people that dont look into their customerpanel