Greetings All,

I'm an enthusiastic and experienced UNIX systems administrator with a very strong background in Apache, MySQL, PHP optimization and general UNIX systems administration seeking casual employment.

Services offered:

Server Optimization
Optimization of Apache, PHP & MySQL specifically tailored for your server & website. Custom compiles of Apache, MySQL and PHP are available if specifically requested.

Server Security
General server hardening including correction of filesystem permissions, installation and configuration of intrusion detection software, scanning for possible pre-existing rootkits, trojans & other nasties, customization of a firewall policy specifically for your system and an upgrade of all pre-installed software to the latest stable release provided for your distribution.

Kernel Upgrade
Linux Kernels, if not correctly updated or regularly for that matter, can be one of the biggest security issues on a server. Upgrading and patching (with grsecurity) the current kernel to the most stable and secure version available for your servers distribution.

Website Transfer
Depending on software utilized on the existing and destination server, this is also available.

Technical Expertise

• Software – Helpdesk and billing software (Clientexec, Modernbill, Cerberus, WHMCS) Server Technologies Apache, MySQL, PgSQL, PHP, Exim/QMAIL, ClamAV, Pure/ProFTPD, SpamAssassin, CMS (Drupal, phpnuke), Firewalls (CSF/LFD, APF), chkrootkit, rkhunter.
• Networking - Extensive knowledge and experience of Networking Fundamentals (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, HTTP, POP3/IMAP, SCP/FTP, SNMP, VPN)
• Operating Systems – RHEL, CentOS, Debian, Gentoo, Fedora, Ubuntu, OpenSuse, FreeBSD, OpenBSD.

Work experience

- Bash and Perl Scripting and Alteration.
- SSH Configuration and Hardening.
- Troubleshooting and Addressing issues in a Helpdesk environment.
- Server Security Auditing - Vulnerability Assessment and correction.
- Proficient with Cpanel and WHM management (setting up accounts, remote backups, DNS clusters etc).
- VPN Technologies (OpenVPN, Poptop etc).
- Monitoring and Managing Network Devices using Cacti, PRTG, etc.
- Experience with VPS Software (Virtuozzo).
- Third party Software Installations and configuration – Software management (Fantastico, RVSkins etc).
- Security Protection (Intrusion Detection with snort, tripwire and ipfw/iptables etc).
- DNS and RDNS delegation experience (Bind, QDNS).
- Linux Kernel Security, regular maintenance, recompiles and OS reinstalls.
- Exim Administration and Optimization – experience with ClamAV, Sophos AV, ExiScan and SpamAssassin.
- Core System Files Hardening and Optimization (sysctl.conf, resolv.conf etc).
- Monitoring servers and responding to event notifications. (Service outtages, High Load Alerts etc) – Exp with Nagios.
- Working knowledge of Database Technologies (MySQL, PGSQL), performance Optimization and Hardening.

Salary Expectation - This can be discussed later depending on the job requirements.

Feel free to private message me if you're interested and would like to see my resume and/or references.

Thanks for taking the time to read this, and I hope we can work together!