Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 64
  1. #1
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37

    Hivelocity letdown

    Here's a company that doesn't care about customer satisfaction, customer service or even their own reputation. I couldn't rate their customer service any lower. They said what they needed to make the sale, didn't come through with their promises then ignored me and gave me the runaround.

    There's hundreds of other hosting companies that understand how much competition there is and will jump through hoops to get your business and keep you satisfied, no reason to waste your time with one that doesn't care.

    Also, their signup process is slow and involved, requiring you to sign and fax a credit form along with a scanned photo of your credit card. If you need your server set up the same day or even anytime soon, don't count on it.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,249
    so what exactly besides the slow setup time was the issue? you said customer service but what exactly happened?
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,138
    Have you actually talked to them one-on-one about how unhappy you are? Alot can be result by simply talking to them and listening. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37
    Yes, of course. Hence the reason why I'm saying their customer service is so bad. Most hosting companies I've dealt with, even ones that I didn't think very highly of, usually always had exceptional customer service because they understand how flooded this market is and how important it is to keep the customers happy and maintain a good reputation in order to stand out from the hundreds of other companies.

    Don't take my word for it though, just thought I'd share my experience. It was a big disappointment and waste of time dealing with them. Much better hosts out there who care IMHO.


    Quote Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
    Have you actually talked to them one-on-one about how unhappy you are? Alot can be result by simply talking to them and listening. Best of luck!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Houston, Texas, USA
    Posts
    2,955
    Interesting view. Can you share a bit more information on how technical support let you down? Also, have you tried escalating the issue to managers?

    Regards

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    3,342
    Sorry you had what seems like a bad experience but other then the slow signup process (which is by the way normal to many providers and unfortunately required to fight fraud) your "review" could use more details such as contacts, tickets, etc...

    As it is I really don't see anything that they did wrong.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    958
    well, all I can say is that they have great servers and the tech guys are great. Its just that they don't really show much care for their $8 VPS customers. but they are great!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982
    I must admit Hivelocity is a great provider. It's sad to see you unhappy but they always seem to be on top of thing's rarely do i see a negative review about them.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    well, all I can say is that they have great servers and the tech guys are great. Its just that they don't really show much care for their $8 VPS customers. but they are great!
    They are a great provider over the years I have dealt with them, but on a 128MB on a VPS, there really is not anything you can do to support that. Lucky to get apache installed on it.

    I have been a customer of theirs off and on for 8 years, no negatives to date.
    www.MyWinsVPS.com - Quality Engineered Linux/Windows 2003/2008 Dedicated VPS Provider - "VDS/VPS Setup AVAILABLE!!!"
    No Overloading of Machines, Dedicated Burstable Port Speeds, CPU, Ram, and HD - Now Offering Linux CentOS

  10. #10
    Could you give a bit more information? Chat logs or what the techs said? I have not had a bad experience so far with that company.

  11. #11
    I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss the details of your issues. If you have an $8 VPS then you dont really get much support on those. We ensure the node is up and running along with our network, and the rest is kind of up to you.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    37
    It's wasn't an $8 account, it was a regular VPS account. You were already forwarded my issue (at least that's what I was told), to which you never responded, neither did my account manager or every email I've ever sent to your support email address. Just forget about it, I've already wasted enough time on this and gotten nowhere, I shouldn't have to post a message in a public forum to get some attention. I'll just cut my losses and move on.


    Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM View Post
    I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss the details of your issues. If you have an $8 VPS then you dont really get much support on those. We ensure the node is up and running along with our network, and the rest is kind of up to you.

  13. #13
    Quote Originally Posted by elektrobank View Post
    It's wasn't an $8 account, it was a regular VPS account. You were already forwarded my issue (at least that's what I was told), to which you never responded, neither did my account manager or every email I've ever sent to your support email address. Just forget about it, I've already wasted enough time on this and gotten nowhere, I shouldn't have to post a message in a public forum to get some attention. I'll just cut my losses and move on.
    I am sorry you were let down. We don't handle support via email however, only trouble ticket, live chat and phone. If you would resend any emails you have sent to us directly to me at [email protected] I would be happy to look into any issue you are facing. If we have already lost your business at the very least I can investigate what went wrong to ensure it doesnt happen again.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

  14. #14
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    1,138
    Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM View Post
    I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss the details of your issues. If you have an $8 VPS then you dont really get much support on those. We ensure the node is up and running along with our network, and the rest is kind of up to you.
    I actually do not see where it says that the $8.00 VPS does not provide 'much' support http://www.hivelocity.net/dedicated-...PS-servers.php Perhaps I'm looking in the wrong area? If I ordered a VPS going by that link I would be under the impression they all provide the same level of support.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Orange County, CA
    Posts
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM View Post
    I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss the details of your issues. If you have an $8 VPS then you dont really get much support on those. We ensure the node is up and running along with our network, and the rest is kind of up to you.
    So you're saying if I were to buy a $8 VPS from your website, you would give me no support just because I'm only paying $8? It says on that VPS page listed above that you offer managed services for all VPS packages. Just because I'm paying $8, why does that make me any different?

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeiger View Post
    So you're saying if I were to buy a $8 VPS from your website, you would give me no support just because I'm only paying $8? It says on that VPS page listed above that you offer managed services for all VPS packages. Just because I'm paying $8, why does that make me any different?
    You get what you pay for. Period

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisGeiger View Post
    So you're saying if I were to buy a $8 VPS from your website, you would give me no support just because I'm only paying $8? It says on that VPS page listed above that you offer managed services for all VPS packages. Just because I'm paying $8, why does that make me any different?
    The nodes themselves are managed. We ensure each node is up and running at all times. I will add some verbage so everyone knows the $8 VPS are not fully managed.

    As far as "just because you are paying $8 what makes you any different"...exactly that, you are paying $8. These are OpenVZ VPS packages with no control panel. They are $8 and the amount of support you get outside us ensuring the node is up and running 99.99% of the time is....well none. If you want a managed service with tech support to help you when you break something then you have to pay for it.
    Last edited by hivelocitygm; 08-11-2009 at 04:15 PM.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

  18. #18
    I just added some quick text to our site to clarify the point of what is and is not included with the $8 VPS.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

  19. #19
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,063
    Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM View Post
    I am very sorry to hear about your negative experience. Please feel free to contact me directly if you wish to discuss the details of your issues. If you have an $8 VPS then you dont really get much support on those. We ensure the node is up and running along with our network, and the rest is kind of up to you.
    .. wow

    What a piss poor response to give a paying customer. In all honestly the OP is right, you are lucky to have his business and you should treat it that way. We have $1.99/mo customers that we treat with the same amount of respect and gratitude as our large resellers.

    When providing customer support sales should not come into the picture ever!

    I have lost all respect for hivelocity based on the responses in this thread. Good job

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by keepr View Post
    .. wow

    What a piss poor response to give a paying customer. In all honestly the OP is right, you are lucky to have his business and you should treat it that way. We have $1.99/mo customers that we treat with the same amount of respect and gratitude as our large resellers.

    When providing customer support sales should not come into the picture ever!

    I have lost all respect for hivelocity based on the responses in this thread. Good job
    I am sorry you feel that way. I wasnt trying to upset anyone, just explain the truth of the matter. We do not offer support on the $8 VPS solution. We ensure the node is up and that is it. Hivelocity has long track record of superb support and customer service that many can attest to. We just simply do not provide management on our $8 product. We provide support on every other product we offer, even our "self managed" servers.
    Last edited by hivelocitygm; 08-11-2009 at 05:03 PM.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    LAX, DAL, MIA, ATL, ORD
    Posts
    8,982

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Jul 2006
    Posts
    1,078
    Im suprised to see this, being a new dedicated client ive received exceptional support to a few initial teething issues we've had with IP's and such and my account manager Drew is excellent .

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Location
    Calgary, Alberta
    Posts
    531
    I had the same opinion on the Dedicated side until tonight...

    The support has been terrible and no one is giving me answers as to why my server is offline.

    This in itself makes me wonder if I made the right choice giving my hard earned money to company that can't provide me answers when something is clearly wrong.
    Jason (JC) Morris, Vice President - Technology
    TechWest Hosting - Enterprise Plesk & cPanel Hosting Since 2003!
    Shared & Reseller Hosting on Dell Quad Core 5420 Servers w/ RAID 10 in Multiple Datacenters!
    Ruby on Rails, FFMPEG, Fantastico, RVSiteBuilder, RVSkins, Nightly Off-site Backups, Clustered DNS!

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    261
    They are terrible, always been terrible, and will always be terrible! Simply find a new provider, nothing more to do regarding the matter..

    Their customer service is slow, rude and far from knowledged.

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,135
    I disagree with you all. I have had an excellent time with Hivelocity, and they are always there to help me.

    @OP, you obviously aren't going to give us further information such as circumstance explanation or basically what happened.

    @keepr, it is very much explained that the support level for that package is low, but is all honesty, you are not providing the same package as Hivelocity, they are specialised in the higher end server industry, whilst you appear you be sub-VPS.

    @A Grateful Dad, have you attempted to escalate your ticket?

    @Falecto, having been with them for one year this September, what I have to say is very much to the contrary.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Limited
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin / XenForo Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

  26. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by Falecto View Post
    They are terrible, always been terrible, and will always be terrible! Simply find a new provider, nothing more to do regarding the matter..

    Their customer service is slow, rude and far from knowledged.
    To set the record straight, we have done everything in our power over the past few months to be courteous and cordial to this customer. This particular customer has used every 4 letter word there is nearly every time a rep has corresponded with him. We bit our tongues every time. I have had to personally warn him several times about what would happen if he continued to beligerantly insult and curse at my staff. Yesterday he finally dropped the "F-bomb" one too many times and as a result is no longer a customer. This baseless accusation from him was expected and I have been waiting for it since yesterday. I strongly warn any host out there to take caution when doing business with "Falceto".
    Last edited by hivelocitygm; 08-13-2009 at 12:40 PM.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,063
    Understandable but perhaps he should have been let go prior to the incident in question.

    I understand "undesirable" customers, however as long as they are paying they should be treated like anyone else.

    just my .02

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM View Post
    To set the record straight, we have done everything in our power over the past few months to be courteous and cordial to this customer. This particular customer has used every 4 letter word there is nearly every time a rep has corresponded with him. We bit our tongues every time. I have had to personally warn him several times about what would happen if he continued to beligerantly insult and curse at my staff. Yesterday he finally dropped the "F-bomb" one too many times and as a result is no longer a customer. This baseless accusation from him was expected and I have been waiting for it since yesterday. I strongly warn any host out there to take caution when doing business with "Falceto".

    You havnt warned me, nor have i used the F-word! And no, you have not done everything in your power! You simple owe me $500 USD for service not provided, and i am still waiting for this "famous" email i was promised regarding this!

    I strongly warn any person out there to take caution when doing business with "Hivelocity"

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by keepr View Post
    Understandable but perhaps he should have been let go prior to the incident in question.

    I understand "undesirable" customers, however as long as they are paying they should be treated like anyone else.

    just my .02
    You are right. I should have gotten rid of him the first time he cursed at any of my employees...day 1. During my previous warnings he apologized and even called himself curse words for acting the way he did so I let it go. Yesterday he really crossed the line and it was simply time for him to go.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

  30. #30
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by HivelocityGM View Post
    You are right. I should have gotten rid of him the first time he cursed at any of my employees...day 1. During my previous warnings he apologized and even called himself curse words for acting the way he did so I let it go. Yesterday he really crossed the line and it was simply time for him to go.
    No excude to act like a fradulent company!

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,063
    Falecto, I was on your side. But you are digging yourself a hole now.

    Let it go and find another host, your relationship with Hv simply didn't work out.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    261
    Offcourse, i don't mind getting away from a ****** host! But i don't mind them stealing my money

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Augusta, GA
    Posts
    209
    Quote Originally Posted by keepr View Post
    .. wow

    What a piss poor response to give a paying customer. In all honestly the OP is right, you are lucky to have his business and you should treat it that way. We have $1.99/mo customers that we treat with the same amount of respect and gratitude as our large resellers.

    When providing customer support sales should not come into the picture ever!

    I have lost all respect for hivelocity based on the responses in this thread. Good job

    Web hosting and and Dedicated or VPS is two different things. Not even in the same league with Dedi or VPS. Unless it is stated managed, then it is an unmanaged VPS. Meaning, if it pings and you are able to login, that is all unmanaged is. So if I buy a $1.99 hosting package from you, are you going to build me a website for free and manage the content of the website for me as well? If so, where is the sign up link?

    @Steve - Though I am still waiting on a response for a server with 4 to 6 nics.
    Last edited by MyWinsVPS; 08-13-2009 at 01:12 PM.
    www.MyWinsVPS.com - Quality Engineered Linux/Windows 2003/2008 Dedicated VPS Provider - "VDS/VPS Setup AVAILABLE!!!"
    No Overloading of Machines, Dedicated Burstable Port Speeds, CPU, Ram, and HD - Now Offering Linux CentOS

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Sacramento CA
    Posts
    3,342
    @Falecto: Do you have any Facts to back up your statements? It's fine if you don't like a host but if you want to be taken seriously you should back up your claims.

    @A Grateful Dad: I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. "I had the same opinion on the Dedicated side until tonight..." Do you mean that you thought that they were BAD or you thought that they were GOOD until tonight? Do you have any ticket history on your issue?

    @keepr: No one is saying that you should treat your customers with anything less then professional respect. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Steve's response. I did not think that it was a poor response as I had no issues with it. If you sign up for an unmanaged account you can't expect the same type of service as a managed one. I've seen WAY too many people blaming a host for something being "down" when it's something on their end.

    Having said all that I'm glad that one of the quibbles I have with some hosts is the piss poor layout of their websites (or at least some areas). Not that Hivelocity's layout is piss poor but it was unclear what type of support you get with their $8 VPS and this issue brought that to light.

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    East Coast
    Posts
    2,063
    Honestly I think HV have explained their stance on this and the OP buried himself with his responses.

    The only thing I think I would have done different in HV's shoes is terminate this customer prior to cutting response. But then again I have a healthy dose of hindsight on this one

    It looks as though this customer became a problem and as such was rerouted to management for support issues in order to spare the HV staff.

    I take back all the bad things I said, but do get that $8 vps verbiage all taken care of

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    1,135
    Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    @Falecto: Do you have any Facts to back up your statements? It's fine if you don't like a host but if you want to be taken seriously you should back up your claims.

    @A Grateful Dad: I'm not sure I understand what you're saying. "I had the same opinion on the Dedicated side until tonight..." Do you mean that you thought that they were BAD or you thought that they were GOOD until tonight? Do you have any ticket history on your issue?

    @keepr: No one is saying that you should treat your customers with anything less then professional respect. I guess we'll have to agree to disagree on Steve's response. I did not think that it was a poor response as I had no issues with it. If you sign up for an unmanaged account you can't expect the same type of service as a managed one. I've seen WAY too many people blaming a host for something being "down" when it's something on their end.

    Having said all that I'm glad that one of the quibbles I have with some hosts is the piss poor layout of their websites (or at least some areas). Not that Hivelocity's layout is piss poor but it was unclear what type of support you get with their $8 VPS and this issue brought that to light.
    A Grateful Dad's situation has been sorted, but not just satisfactory, he is pleased with his current situation. See dedicated server forum for mor details:

    @Falecto, is you want to throw things around, start at your spelling please.
    Shamil Nunhuck, - Radon Systems Limited
    VPS + Dedicated Server Hosting and Management
    vBulletin / XenForo Hosting and Services
    Server / Website Consultation

  37. #37
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by RadonSys Shamil View Post
    A Grateful Dad's situation has been sorted, but not just satisfactory, he is pleased with his current situation. See dedicated server forum for mor details:

    @Falecto, is you want to throw things around, start at your spelling please.
    I am not throwing anything around, i am speaking truthfully! What you think, is irrelevant, nor do i care!

  38. #38
    Quote Originally Posted by keepr View Post
    but do get that $8 vps verbiage all taken care of
    That was taken care of yesterday or the day before as soon as it was brought up. "No managed services are included with the $8 VPS" right on each VPS page.
    Steve Eschweiler- Hivelocity- Director of Operations
    Bare Metal Servers. Colocation. Private Cloud.
    Customers in over 130 countries. Privately owned and operated data centers.
    Limited Supply Outlet Server Specials

  39. #39
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Teh Interweb
    Posts
    314
    Not that my $0.02 is required, but as a technician for 2 major data centers for several years, no amount of money is worth having your techs verbally abused everytime they get a call from a douchebag client. I have seen my fair share of them.

    I believe HV was in the right on all of the issues in this thread and I think its safe to say we should close and bury this thread.

    [[email protected]] ~ $ cat .signature
    cat: .signature: No such file or directory

  40. #40
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Posts
    261
    Quote Originally Posted by theBleeber View Post
    Not that my $0.02 is required, but as a technician for 2 major data centers for several years, no amount of money is worth having your techs verbally abused everytime they get a call from a douchebag client. I have seen my fair share of them.

    I believe HV was in the right on all of the issues in this thread and I think its safe to say we should close and bury this thread.

    Actually, your wrong! I was under no circumstances abusing the staff, they simply didn't do their job!

    And they still owe me for the rest of the months left, currently they are doing fraud and theft.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-01-2009, 12:04 PM
  2. Total Letdown With HM.com - A Letter Of Apology
    By farodyssey in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 06-09-2006, 12:53 PM
  3. A Total Letdown With HostingMatters.com
    By farodyssey in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 06-02-2006, 05:18 PM
  4. hivelocity
    By Box in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 02-04-2006, 06:23 PM
  5. Hivelocity??
    By XF-Chan in forum Providers and Network Outages and Updates
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 06-25-2005, 04:00 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •