Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: About burst.net

About burst.net

Hi I just want to ask.. Is burst.net even real? Im just confused because they give a $99 free for your first month of renting 1 of their dedicated servers. Its hard to call their office and always direct you to leave a message. Its very impossible for that to happen because I called for about 10 times and still no Operator to answer .

Burst.Net has completely upgraded their networking few months ago. They are offering this $1 deal to prove to customers that they are reliable now.

I am not sure what's the deal with the phone, try emailing them.

I still don't ping the best to them for some reason, but their network is really nice.
    Charles @ Nexeon Technologies - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and more

Do you live in a different time zone from them? You should try calling them during the day or try their ticket system.

Quote Originally Posted by benedictus15 View Post
    Hi I just want to ask.. Is burst.net even real? Im just confused because they give a $99 free for your first month of renting 1 of their dedicated servers. Its hard to call their office and always direct you to leave a message. Its very impossible for that to happen because I called for about 10 times and still no Operator to answer .
    Yes BurstNET is real, they're a member on these forums and you can probably PM them and see. I know they upgraded their network at the end of last year, so I'm sure they're working hard.

As for the phone, that's a bit weird, usually when I called them I was put on hold until someone was available and was given the option to leave a message or stay on hold.
    Nothing here right now.

If we do not answer the phone (common for sales/custserv/billing issues, as we maintain minimal staffing/hours in those depts: 9AM-5PM EST MON-FRI) to keep costs down, and be able to offer the phenomenal pricing that we do, it goes to our voicemail system, and any message left automatically opens a ticket in the correct department. We are pretty quick on responding to those during business hours. There are no pending ones in there currently, so I can only assume we returned your call, or you did not leave a message. Support/Reboots are 24/7/365...so voicemail is much more rare, but it if you do get there, try again in 5 minutes or so (techs may have to run out to the server areas for a reboot). Our strong point is email/ticket support, with very fast response times, not phone support (harder to multi-task)...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by eSited View Post
    Burst.Net has completely upgraded their networking few months ago. They are offering this $1 deal to prove to customers that they are reliable now.

I am not sure what's the deal with the phone, try emailing them.
    Correct, except it was nearly 9 months ago we upgraded/replaced the network...
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

burst good network i sure
    Webgater.CoM - Cheap FullyManged Unmetered VPS , Master Reseller ,
    Reseller and Webhosting.
    Tomer A

Great pricing good network. I can say I couldnt stand there network at first but it has been improved and I posted a review for it. I think they get a bit defensive on the forum at times but they managed to treat me well when i was with them.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

I was originally looking into Dedicated solutions with burst back when they had issues (before the new network overhaul). I may have to jump back in and take a peek at what they can do for me.

@BurstNET
    Is there anybody specific I should talk to?

Quote Originally Posted by MikeTrike View Post
    I was originally looking into Dedicated solutions with burst back when they had issues (before the new network overhaul). I may have to jump back in and take a peek at what they can do for me.

@BurstNET
    Is there anybody specific I should talk to?

No one in particular...just open a sales ticket/email, and we will be happy to assist you!

Quote Originally Posted by darkeden View Post
    Great pricing good network. I can say I couldnt stand there network at first but it has been improved and I posted a review for it. I think they get a bit defensive on the forum at times but they managed to treat me well when i was with them.
    Heh...maybe we are just getting cranky in our old age (18+ years now in business...)

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Heh...maybe we are just getting cranky in our old age (18+ years now in business...)
    Congrats Glad to see that your new network is performing so well! Huge improvement over the previous. I am getting some decent pings/downloads now as well
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    INSTANTLY DEPLOYED Bare Metal Servers
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

Quote Originally Posted by SC-Daniel View Post
    Congrats Glad to see that your new network is performing so well! Huge improvement over the previous. I am getting some decent pings/downloads now as well
    Thanks. It's been about 9 months now since the upgrades/replacement of the network. We'll be happy when it is a year.
    We have some major 10G upgrades underway this month as well...

I'm using burst for a while now and I'm thinking too of migrating more servers to their dc.

Great prices and the services are good.

I never had great luck with BurstNET but that was a year or two ago so, I hope their methods have changed greatly. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Quote Originally Posted by The-Pixel View Post
    I never had great luck with BurstNET but that was a year or two ago so, I hope their methods have changed greatly. Best of luck!

We hired new network engineering staff, completely upgrade/replaced our entire network, and installed a new billing/ordering system which automated/sped up many service delivery tasks, in November 2008---so basically just about everything changed...

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    We hired new network engineering staff, completely upgrade/replaced our entire network, and installed a new billing/ordering system which automated/sped up many service delivery tasks, in November 2008---so basically just about everything changed...
    I'm pleased to hear your company has improved and it seems for the best. It's been such a long time since I've been with BurstNET. I wish you and your company the best of luck.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Although I have been receiving the network upgrade notifications for the last few months (Since I have been a reseller for the last 3 years, just never resold anything) everything seems to have quietened down. I hope everything is going well for you now.

All that is left to change now is your site

I've had bad experience with Burst.net - I cancelled server from them, about half year ago.
    Also their prices are good, their network had many outages, and although they did some upgrades, each upgrade took them few hours of downtime.
    But worst of all is their abuse policy. They will charge you fine of $50 if you will not take care of any abuse issue within 24 hours. So in case of hosting company with many clients, it is very usual issue, when some client site is hacked or attacked by viruses and it may take more then 24 hours until I will be notified.
    I did not see too many data centers which will charge you fine for more then 24 hours late on any abuse issue... Most dc's allow you 48 hours and even more to take care on abuse. And even later, if you did not respond, they just suspend server until you will contact them back and will be ready to take care on abuse. No one is charging fines on reconnect from abuse suspention.
    I think this is a bad way of making money on abuse fines compensating low prices of Burst.
    Last edited by yaax; 08-12-2009 at 06:01 PM.

24 hours is indeed too short
    Peter Orga-Sales -sales@sexywing.com
    SexyWing - flying adult hosting service
    Profitable adult hosting provider Since 2006
    http://www.sexywing.com

Quote Originally Posted by yaax View Post
    I've had bad experience with Burst.net - I cancelled server from them, about half year ago.
    Also their prices are good, their network had many outages, and although they did some upgrades, each upgrade took them few hours of downtime.
    But worst of all is their abuse policy. They will charge you fine of $50 if you will not take care of any abuse issue within 24 hours. So in case of hosting company with many clients, it is very usual issue, when some client site is hacked or attacked by viruses and it may take more then 24 hours until I will be notified.
    I did not see too many data centers which will charge you fine for more then 24 hours late on any abuse issue... Most dc's allow you 48 hours and even more to take care on abuse. And even later, if you did not respond, they just suspend server until you will contact them back and will be ready to take care on abuse. No one is charging fines on reconnect from abuse suspention.
    I think this is a bad way of making money on abuse fines compensating low prices of Burst.
    Regarding BurstNET's abuse policy... They are very lenient if you are actively working on the abuse issue and need more time. 24 hours is long enough for you to see the abuse notice and tell them you need an additional 24 hours as you work out the problem. If you ignore the abuse issue then of course they have to take action to protect their network integrity and their other clients who may share the same IP blocks in the same /24 as you. They will always be fair to you as long as you show some kind of active attitude towards these serious abuse notices.

Regarding BurstNET's network... Yes their network upgrades took hours back in Novemember-January(?), however this was because they upgraded everything. Ever since then their network has been amazing and undettered by anything. A DDoS attack prior to the upgrade would take down many servers, that isn't the case anymore. Their upgrade has proven their network to be very stable and ready for enterprise related hosting.

We host all of our important services at BurstNET because of their new network and because of their knowledgable staff members. In most datacenters where you have some kind of hardware failure, they just want to rebuild you a new server and reinstall the OS without any option of migration. I remember when BurstNET's staff members spent hours and about 2 days fixing a Raid Array on a server after some hardware upgrades. We would have had to reinstall everything from scratch if this happened at any other datacenter as they would just rebuild and reinstall the OS.

....end of my rambling.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059 View Post
    Regarding BurstNET's abuse policy... They are very lenient if you are actively working on the abuse issue and need more time. 24 hours is long enough for you to see the abuse notice and tell them you need an additional 24 hours as you work out the problem. If you ignore the abuse issue then of course they have to take action to protect their network integrity and their other clients who may share the same IP blocks in the same /24 as you. They will always be fair to you as long as you show some kind of active attitude towards these serious abuse notices.
    Ok, I understand that they wish to defend their network from abuse, if they only suspend server it is ok. But if they are taking fine - $50 on each case, then I feel they are trying to earn money on every my fault. Instead of being my business partners they became my enemies - which trying to catch me on failures and take my money on their fines. Again if they would only suspend server without taking money for reactivation - it is ok - that I have no problems with this. But because they are charging you $50 on server reactivation after abuse - thats why I feel they became your enemies which trying to catch you and earn money on your mistakes.

They're definitely real. Had some major network upgrades late last year so apparently the network has improved quite a bit.

Quote Originally Posted by yaax View Post
    Ok, I understand that they wish to defend their network from abuse, if they only suspend server it is ok. But if they are taking fine - $50 on each case, then I feel they are trying to earn money on every my fault. Instead of being my business partners they became my enemies - which trying to catch me on failures and take my money on their fines. Again if they would only suspend server without taking money for reactivation - it is ok - that I have no problems with this. But because they are charging you $50 on server reactivation after abuse - thats why I feel they became your enemies which trying to catch you and earn money on your mistakes.
    I had BurstNet since probably about 1998. I miss the old BurstNet - great friendly service and cheap hosting. I was also fined the $50 for the abuse cases (ie. Joe Job Attack) caused by spoofers (and not by me). I deleted my credit card info from the BurstNet system and even cancelled the credit cards so BurstNet would stop auto-charging without my approval. After many years, BurstNet has become the enemy. I don't know what in the world happened to them. I have experience with different web hosts but I am shocked how BurstNet has become so money-hungry. There are a lot of cheap hosting out there that give a much higher amount of disk space, bandwidth and a million less headache. BurstNet must have a lot of customers now that the oldtimer customers did not matter to them anymore. I am glad to have switched hosts and hosting life is a lot better. The saga with BurstNet ends.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast