Hello guys,

I'm having a problem while trying to get a jpg file from a Video Server (with 2 CCTV cameras).

If I try the link to the jpg file in my browser everything's fine, the picture is loading imediatly (I tried different browsers too, Opera, Firefox ..)

But when I first tried to get the image using a php script, using command :

$image1 = file_get_contents('http://IP:4800/cgi-bin/video1.jpg?quality=5&size=3');

I got the error failed to open stream: Connection timed out. Than I tried using wget while I was logged in as root on my server, I got the same problem. I tried using a different server and I got the same problem on that one too (both servers are located in US, the video server is located in Romania, as I am too.).

The problem might be that the videoserver/router (in my country) is blocking requests

or

because the router/video server is not responding to ping the file_get_contents and wget comands don't work ? If I try to ping it from my location too, it doesn't work, as I remember the IT guys disable ping respond on that Router (SpeedTouch 516)

Before calling the guys who configured that router I wanted to ask you if the problem could be because of ping respond is disabled.

10x