Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Bad User Experionce with IX web Hosting (Service out for nearly 40 hours)

Hi,

I have a premium account on IX web hosting. i had that account for about 6months now... and i had payed them for completely for 2years. now they are trying to ignore my tickets and giving me less support.

my account was suspended due to TOS SPAM issue (AS they say). And all my domains are un-available for about 40+ hrs now. what ever they referring as a spam mail was not even originated from any of there servers. only the body containing the URL's of the sites that hosted on the IX hosting. Actually it's a Monthly news letter that i send to my registerd customer base of 75,000 about my services. Due to the high number of users i have communicated with the IX before and got there idea about it. they tolled me that they can affored that kind of email base. so i took my own SMTP server and a dedicated domain for the mail transmition (from Slice Hosts).

All the issue wear discussed with the IX web hosting before i started transmitting the newsletter. but they didnt check any history just block my account.

Best part is they take about 12 - 17 hours to reply for a one ticket i added every time. and after waiting about 17 hours what i got as a reply was "I have sent this ticket to our call center in order to speed up solving of this issue. Please wait for a call from us." but now 10 hrs has passed by...No 1 called me at all. and i tried to call there international number 3 times, but i was on hold for 20 mints each time... (IDD calls are not that cheap in my country). then i asked to give me backup of my DB then that i can start the hosting on some wear els till this matter clear out. they refused that also.......

Now I'm totally help less... All my websites and domains are down at the moment, and they are not communicating with me, and not even letting me to get a backup of my DB's. and all this was for a previously communicated and sorted matter.

if any one have any idea, please help me on this.....

Thanks
      0 Not allowed!

If that is truth you need to have your backups with you and move to another place. any web host vcan't be good for everyone. I assume with your next web hosting service provider you will have m,uch more better experience
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization
      0 Not allowed!

Wow 40 hours downtime.

You really need to get the backups and move out as soon as possible. This is the reason why you always need to keep backups

Hope you find a new and better host.

0 Not allowed!

my account was suspended due to TOS SPAM issue (AS they say).
    How many e-mails were you sending (if any) per hour?

-Sean
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars
      0 Not allowed!

i was trying to send the email for the base of 75,000. and i was not in a hurry so i used phplist and reduced the transmittion for about 225 msg/hr
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Ingen12 View Post
    i was trying to send the email for the base of 75,000. and i was not in a hurry so i used phplist and reduced the transmittion for about 225 msg/hr
    how ever i didn't use any of there resources, coz i used my OWN SMTP server. and also a different domain name for the mail transmittion that not hosted on the IX
      0 Not allowed!

Ah, your email base of 75,000 is quite big for shared hosting and I think you need to look into a VPS - There will be no restriction on how many emails you can send out hourly.

0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by shad0wz View Post
    Ah, your email base of 75,000 is quite big for shared hosting and I think you need to look into a VPS - There will be no restriction on how many emails you can send out hourly.
    NO NO.... I took a VPS for the mail transmittion , thats the thing... IX dnt have any resources involved on this mail that they are mentioning.Only the body containing 2 URLS of my sites that hosted on the IX web server. But still they suspended my account telling a lie.

What i ask from them was if some one els trasnmitted a big spam to about 1000000 ppl including my URLS on the body on the mail, are they still going to suspend my account....... NO response for that also
      0 Not allowed!

Considering, Most webhosts limit your message outing per hour to 200 on average.
    - Going to check what their Restrictions are - By the sounds of it, You did violate their terms.

Sean
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Considering, Most webhosts limit your message outing per hour to 200 on average.
    - Going to check what their Restrictions are - By the sounds of it, You did violate their terms.

Sean
    Bro.... I didnt use there mail server for the transmittion... i sued my own VPS. mail only containing the URLS that hosted websites on the IX... thats the matter... i also knw that if i send 200 msg/hr from there mail server it's totally against there rules...
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

You did not notice such reviews before signing up with them?

Sean
      0 Not allowed!

[URL="http://www.webhostingreviews.com/ix-web-hosting-reviews.htm"]
    You did not notice such reviews before signing up with them?

Sean
    just saw that when i'm searching for the same kind of experiences....

My gooood... i payed for 2 years....
      0 Not allowed!

just saw that when i'm searching for the same kind of experiences....

My gooood... i payed for 2 years....
    Hmmm... It is always recommended to pay your services on a Monthly basis just incases tradgedy like this results.

It is also advisable to research into your webhost before making any committment or sending a dime over to them. It seems that in this instance no research was done.

I'm sad!
      0 Not allowed!

Hmmm... It is always recommended to pay your services on a Monthly basis just incases tradgedy like this results.

It is also advisable to research into your webhost before making any committment or sending a dime over to them. It seems that in this instance no research was done.

I'm sad!
    Kind of yes...... i was not experienced in this stuff those days... now only i got to know the good stuff and bad stuff...

please any method to over come this issue for the moment and make my sites up.... plzzzzzzzzzzz some one.....
      0 Not allowed!

Kind of yes...... i was not experienced in this stuff those days... now only i got to know the good stuff and bad stuff...

please any method to over come this issue for the moment and make my sites up.... plzzzzzzzzzzz some one.....
    Basically from this end there is not much we can do to bring your sites backup.
    - Have you tried all the alternative methods to get in contact with IX to see what can be done?

Yes, Inexperience can land you in hot water, As has happened here.
      0 Not allowed!

Basically from this end there is not much we can do to bring your sites backup.
    - Have you tried all the alternative methods to get in contact with IX to see what can be done?

Yes, Inexperience can land you in hot water, As has happened here.

yaa i tried my best, tickets, calls, chat.... every way.... but there are not responding at all..... tickets get ans after about 12 -18 hrs, calls just end up on holing more than 20 mins, chat person are not able to tell any thing except "sorry i cant help you on this"

do u have any contact numbers that directly to contact some one... i requested that kind of direct number or an email... but they not giving me any....
      0 Not allowed!

do u have any contact numbers that directly to contact some one... i requested that kind of direct number or an email... but they not giving me any....
    All you can do is keep trying, Because I do not have connections with IX. Perhaps there is an IX Representative on the boards. Curious?

Sean
      0 Not allowed!

Let's take an initiative to chase away these types of bad hosting companies!

Ingen12, you should compile a complaint with BBB or some other authority that can take very serious action about this. This is disgusting. They should repay your money which you paid for the two years, AT LEAST.

Everyone on this forum, please suggest your thoughts on eliminating these types of terrible hosting companies from the business (since they’ve failed to take corrective action). This can happen not only to this guy, but also to each and everyone of us and I personally know how this feel as I’ve been with such a company and suffered the loss of my growing business. If they are a good business they should work with the customers to get the issues sorted out or just simply let them go; not act irresponsible like this.

I still cannot believe how they can just take down your account and ignore all the communication. Having backups is what every experienced webmaster does, which can be used to put up the site again, but the monies that have been paid?

Post your suggestions; let’s take an initiative as this can happen to anyone, with any host.
      0 Not allowed!

Oh my god! I cant understand just one thing, how do they have so many clients?! i read many bad reviews about IX hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks every 1.... now my down time is nearly 48 +, still no call from the IX or response from them......
      0 Not allowed!

Ingen12, you should compile a complaint with BBB or some other authority that can take very serious action about this.
    The BBB has no real teeth if the host doesn't care about its BBB rating.

Post your suggestions; let’s take an initiative as this can happen to anyone, with any host.
    Do you know of an industry where there's no bad apple, or where no provider ever had any kind of issues? I don't.

In this particular case, the OP should arm himself with patience, and 2. continue to try and work this out with IXwebhosting, or 2. get a new host and start re-building his site, or 3. do both.

Next he should regularly make his own backups, so that he'll never be in the position to be at the mercy of his hosting company, especially as sometimes the host may not even have the data he's requesting.

It is a tough lesson to learn, especially when it happens in this kind of fashion. No, the host would have no reason to suspend an account like this, as the emails did not originate from their network. They're free to choose their customers, but there's no reason to be so harsh in doing so.
      0 Not allowed!

for every once view I'm posting the mail details i have sent....

Return-path: <marketing@srilankanadvertising2.info>
    Envelope-to: x
    Delivery-date: Thu, 06 Aug 2009 01:37:40 -0500
    Received: from [174.143.236.120] (helo=tickets)
    by lord.vivawebhost.com with esmtps (TLSv1:AES256-SHA:256)
    (Exim 4.69)
    (envelope-from <marketing@srilankanadvertising2.info&gt
    id 1MYwbc-0000kS-GM
    for x; Thu, 06 Aug 2009 01:37:40 -0500
    Received: from srilankanadvertising2.info (ring020.rubyringtech.com [38.99.108.162])
    by tickets (8.14.3/8.14.3) with ESMTP id n766bdHb009746
    for <x>; Thu, 6 Aug 2009 12:07:39 +0530
    Recieved:
    Date: Wed, 5 Aug 2009 23:37:38 -0700
    To: x
    Subject: Dushyanth Live In Concert
    Message-ID: <b674________________________e6ec@srilankanadvertising2.info>
    X-Priority: 1
    X-Mailer: PHPMailer [version 1.73]
    X-Mailer: phplist v2.10.10
    X-MessageID: 5
    X-ListMember: x