Thumbs up Linux Server Admin - 3+ years of experience{{ Plesk + cPanel + Debian + RHEL }}

Shiva Kiran

AIM: serversupport4u
    gtalk: serversupport4u

I am a Freelance Security Vulnerability Analyst and a Linux System Administrator . I have been doing my work for 3 years now and have much experience in various control panels and virtualization softwares.I have experience in managing 2000+ servers.

I am having hands on experience in debian installer development and debian OS customization. If you are having any debian or ubuntu servers I can monitor,update, configure and secure the servers.

OS / Platforms :- Linux (worked on Cent OS, Redhat 7.* - 9.*, Fedora, Debian), FreeBSD
    Web Servers :- Apache 2.x/1.3, nginx , lighttpd
    Mail Servers :- Exim, Qmail
    Control Panels :- CPanel, Directadmin, Plesk , Webmin
    Server Audit/Security Tools :- Chkrootkit, Logwatch, Nessus, NMAP, Rkhunter, Portsentry, Spamassassin
    Firewalls :- CSF, APF, BFD, Iptables.Ipfw
    Programming Languages :- Shell scripting, Perl Basics , Python -Tkinter basics, C
    Databases Managed :- MySql, PostgreSQL

* Installation and configuration of Linux servers, packages, security applications, monitoring tools, VPN setup etc.
    * Server hardening for both Linux and Windows servers.
    * Work with control panels like Cpanel, Plesk, DirectAdmin etc.
    * Troubleshoot and solve server problems regarding security, mail, dns, apache, firewall, spamming, spoofing etc
    * Support technically and lead the team of frontline 'Customer Support Officers'.
    * Attend technical queries from server administrators, domain resellers and sometimes from customers through ticketing system (mails).
    * Write/debug shell programs for cron, security checking, backup, etc.
    * Troubleshooting the general as well as complex hardware/software related problems (Linux).
    * Responsible for technical support operations of a Network Operations Center.
    * Hands-on experience in hack/spam/phishing investigations.
    * Responsible for ensuring the security of web servers by installing security patches, DoS prevention tools, tripwire etc.
    * Hands-on experience in Linux server hardening
    * Web Server administration: Apache web server configuration and setup. Compiling webserver with php using automated and manual methods. Ensure webserver security.
    * Mail Server: Setup and configure exim mail servers. Setup and administer EXIM mail server on cpanel/whm servers. Setup Spamassassin, clamd antivirus scanner for mail server. Prevent mail abuse using antivirus, exim and mailmon monitoring
    * Firewall(s/w) and Server Security: Configuring and Administering Iptables (firewall), Tcpwrappers, Apf and Bfd (Brute Force Defender).
    * RAID & LVM: Creating and maintaining Raid and Lvm.
    * Apache and PHP recompilation.
    * MySQL monitoring and administration.
    * Managing and performing installation and support of Linux OS, Linux Kernel compilation, and Software installations (Nagio).

If your servers are being attacked by DDOS or iframes frequently, I can help you to sort it out.

Please PM me with email adresse or skype contact name. I could use you