Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PayQuake

PayQuake

Anyone here using payquake ? I went to their website and their price looks pretty good. I need to know how good their service is and also what gateway are they using .. is it authorize.net ?

Cheers,
    Roy K.
    Pixie Internet Services - http://www.pixiehost.com
    Affordable, reliable hosting solution with Instant Activation
      0 Not allowed!

Re: PayQuake

Originally posted by drhonk
    Anyone here using payquake ? I went to their website and their price looks pretty good. I need to know how good their service is and also what gateway are they using .. is it authorize.net ?
    Cheers,
    I've also been investigating them. They are a subsidiary of US Merchant Systems, http://www.usms.com, and they do use authorize.net. The info on their webpages and on their application forms pretty clearly says that non-US applicants will be accepted for merchant accounts (unless I have lost all powers of comprehension). I sent in an application, and got back an email containing an application form for WorldPay !! Plus, this form lacks any mention whatsoever of a merchant account, and is only for the gateway. To make matters worse, they gave me a link http://international.usms.com which I can't find as a public link anywhere on their main sites. If it's not public, then it's hidden and this, in my book, amounts to deception.

This page contains links to all sorts of info which appears to belong to USMS, but to anyone familiar with WorldPay then it obviously does not belong to USMS in the sense that they appear to claim. And, they seem to think that by using them I will have "piece of mind".

As I am trying to get away from WorldPay I am quite annoyed with this. I've just written back to the toerags and told them my opinion.

Of course, if you're in the US, then one of the PayQuake accounts would seem to be an excellent option. I would advise some extra "due diligence"before signing up though.
    Lyn St George
    http://www.zolotek.net - Interchange eCommerce hosting and consulting
    http://www.os2docs.org - some 'how to' stuff
      0 Not allowed!

A well-reasoned assumption is very close to fact.
    - Adorno
      0 Not allowed!

I don't have any first hand experience with them because I am registered with Visa and MasterCard to sell merchant accounts so I buy from myself at cost , but I can tell you that their website is NOT in compliance with Visa/MC regulations.

Visa/MC regulations state basically that any advertisement whatsoever for merchant accounts may only be made by registered parties with Visa/MC and that the registered parties must state on their advertising (on the bottom of every page on the site that has to do with merchant accounts) how they are registered (IC, ISO, MSP, registered agent) and what bank they are affiliated with along with the banks city and state.

US Merchant Service's web site has these statements at the bottom, but all payquake shows is copyright info for US Merchant Services. That makes me wonder. If they don't follow this rule, what other rules are they not following? Are they even legally allowed to offer merchant accounts?
      0 Not allowed!

Ummm... a LOT of companies don't display that, it's a simple miscommunication I'd think. Check out www.echo-inc.com... They are quite popular on the boards, and don't display anything about how they are registered.
    - Adorno
      0 Not allowed!

Miscommunication???

I went to their site and you're right, they don't display it. They are not in compliance. Visa/MC changed their policies to be stricter about these things and as of January 2002, fines for noncompliance are being levied and they are huge. $20,000-$100,000 from what my bank tells me.

Any company that legally sells merchant accounts knows about the regulations. Whether they choose to follow the regulations is up to them, not me. I'm just saying that any company that will risk paying $10,000 to both Visa and MasterCard for their first infraction just to not have to put what bank they go through is enough to make me not use them.

Since every merchant account has to go through a bank, can you think of any reason that a company offering merchant accounts would want to hide who's underwriting their accounts?

I guess a lot of these companies could just be middle men. Some large company pays Visa/MC registration fees and partners with a bank, and then the middle men sign up for free to resell for the larger company. I guess they could be scared that you would just go around them straight to their suppliers.

This is something I don't worry about though, because I am registered with Visa/MC and deal directly with the bank. I can get you rates through the bank that you could not get yourself. When I sell an account it goes directly to the bank, you don't have to worry if I'll answer my phones at 3:00am on saturday, because your account is not with me, it is with the bank and they handle all of that.

Now Visa/MC make all customers of high risk 3rd party processors like iBill register to process. If they are so stright on people using merchant accounts, what makes you think they would be any less stict on people who sell merchant accounts. They are actually much tougher, as they should be.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm sure it's a matter of miscommunication. And I suppose a LARGE amount of the online merchant providers are in fact resellers for some other company... But now you have gotten me all interested and I may PM you later for info . You subliminal advertiser you (j/k)... or as George Dubya says, you subliminable advertiser you....
    - Adorno
      0 Not allowed!

PMing me is fine. I only state that I sell merchant accounts and that I'm registered and everything so that I don't get flamed by someone saying "what makes you the authority on merchant accounts?".

Subliminal advertising, now there's a good idea. Actually I've never sold a merchant account to anyone on WHT. I've been mostly coming here to find some good hosting deals. I haven't advertised my services yet, but whenever there is a merchant account thread I check it out. I like to check out the market plus there is a lot of misinformation out there and I try and help clarify things when possible.
    Last edited by 7out; 11-13-2002 at 02:06 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Why is it that all of a sudden I feel like PMing 7out for some info ..

Gotta be that subliminal advertising ..
    Roy K.
      0 Not allowed!

you will all send $1,000 in small unmarked bills to the following address.................. just kidding.

Hey, I thought it was funny.
      0 Not allowed!

Re: Re: PayQuake

Originally posted by Zolotek

I've also been investigating them. They are a subsidiary of US Merchant Systems, http://www.usms.com, and they do use authorize.net. The info on their webpages and on their application forms pretty clearly says that non-US applicants will be accepted for merchant accounts (unless I have lost all powers of comprehension). I sent in an application, and got back an email containing an application form for WorldPay !! Plus, this form lacks any mention whatsoever of a merchant account, and is only for the gateway. To make matters worse, they gave me a link http://international.usms.com which I can't find as a public link anywhere on their main sites. If it's not public, then it's hidden and this, in my book, amounts to deception.

This page contains links to all sorts of info which appears to belong to USMS, but to anyone familiar with WorldPay then it obviously does not belong to USMS in the sense that they appear to claim. And, they seem to think that by using them I will have "piece of mind".

As I am trying to get away from WorldPay I am quite annoyed with this. I've just written back to the toerags and told them my opinion.

Of course, if you're in the US, then one of the PayQuake accounts would seem to be an excellent option. I would advise some extra "due diligence"before signing up though.
      0 Not allowed!

Lyn,

Per Visa/MC regs, A merchant services company based in the US can only provide merchant accounts to companies who are domiciled in the US.
    Due to the fact that approximately 30% of all ISP members are based outside the U.S., as an add on service, some US based merchant services providers also offer merchants the ability to sign up for a merchant account if they are based outside the US.

This is only provided by companies like WorldPay who are based in the U.K.

To synopsize, US based merchant service providers contract with global merchant service providers as an add-on service to perspective merchants domiciled outside the US.
      0 Not allowed!

Us Merchant Systems is the parent company of payQuake. USMS has been in existance for approximately 11 years. Over 50,000 merchants have been signed up via USMS.

payQuake is a subsidiary of USMS. payQuake is a registered reseller of Visa/MasterCard via USMS.
    The payQuake website is going through a redesign and will be changed within a few days. The current site is more of a brochure website for perspective merchants to visit.

All the necessary Visa/MasterCard compliance information will also be included on the new website.
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-17-2002 at 01:45 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Just as forwarning commrcemastr -> When you only have 4 posts and the are ALL about the same company, and you polish it off with the same "advertisement" in two threads, it rather looks like your advertising, which would be considered against the rules.
    - Adorno
      0 Not allowed!

I certainly don't want to break the rules....

If someone posts information about a company that is either incomplete or incorrect, it is tough to find a happy medium when replying between sounding like an advirtisement and/or supplying the correct information in order to clarify the question(s) at hand....
      0 Not allowed!

I don't believe it's too much to ask for PayQuake to have compliance notifications on the bottom of the current web site. How can you go through the hours it takes to build a site such as PayQuake and not take the two seconds that it would take to put "PayQuake is a registered ISO/MSP for First Financial Bank, Atlanta, GA. FDIC insured" on the bottom of the pages.

commrcemastr
    Are you affiliated with PayQuake?
    Can you tell me why Authorize.Net gives away gateways and allows all PayQuake customers on the lower levels to use their services with no monthly fee?
    Why would any international customer not just go straight to World Pay?
    Is PayQuake using factored merchant accounts?

By the way, If you don't want your "informational" post to come off as advertising, try not telling us how the patent pending dynamic bla bla bla is the new evolution bla bla of the merchant industry. Stick with facts.
      0 Not allowed!

7out,

You seem pretty edgy in your post. If the worst thing you can say about payQuake is a compliance issue with it's web-site, than I think PQ can handle that critisism. But as I mentioned, the correct verbiage on the website will put your very valid point to bed.

<<MOD NOTE: The following was edited to answer the questions, all advertising was removed>>[/b]

payQuake offers merchants, not factored or shared merchant accounts

Oh yea, your last comments about me promoting payQuake...

<<MOD NOTE: Your comments have been removed>>

If you would like to speak with me directly, feel free to email me @ [email protected]
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-17-2002 at 01:41 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I do sell merchant accounts, and if PayQuake is for real I will be signing up to resell PayQuake. That is why I'm so interested. As for being jealous, of what? If this is for real I will be partnering with them soon and according to you this is future of merchant accounts, so why would I be jealous of a company that started the future when I can buy in on the ground floor so to speak.

Yes these boards are helpful to merchants and can be used to figure out what's B.S. or not, so why would you want me to email you instead of posting on the boards? Let's do some "real/B.S." investigating right now.

Your review is only helpful if you use PayQuake. If not, then you should be posting in the advertising section. Do you use PayQuake?

Claims made on the PayQuake site:

1. "Once you apply you are automatically approved for a merchant account with a monthly volume of $5,000 or less."

Then the next paragraph states why you may be turned down. Why would they not just say 98% of all merchants are approved like banks do? Because they want to give the impression that everyone is approved (maybe) even though we all know that's not possible.

2. "Perfect for the merchant that is on its way to a professional merchant account, but not quite there yet." is how they describe the select plan.

Are they telling me that the Pay for Play, and Select Plans are less professional than the Pro account?

3."Full-fledged merchant account for merchants with higher processing volume." is how they describe the Pro plan.

Doesn't this imply that the Pay for Play and select plans are not "full-fledged" merchant accounts? Or is this just some fancy wording to justify the monthly fees?

4. You slam the banks for charging minimum/gateway/statement fees (I've never seen them charge customer service fees, but maybe some do) and PayQuake charges a monthly "service charge" they call it(not on Pay for Play). Plus a set up fee (not on the Pay for Play). Plus an annual membership fee (all accounts).

Is this just PayQuakes way of lining their pockets, or do you agree that they are some costs that are involved with offering true merchant accounts that the provider has to pass on to the merchants?

It seems to me that there are certain benefits that you can not have until you get to the Pro level, but I don't really know what the limitations of the lower accounts are, because it's not stated on the site. I also can not see a copy of the merchant agreement until the end of the application process so I can't find out.

I read on the site that you can only process debit, Amex, and Discover with the Pro account. I don't know why you can not do this with the lower level account if they are a real merchant account. I guess PayQuake couldn't offer those services in the price range of the lower accounts, but I don't know.

PayQuake may indeed be a nice fit for smaller merchants, but since they do not list the limitations of their cheaper pay for play and select accounts I don't really know.

As for your comments... "You must work for an ISO/Bank who can't compete with merchant controlled pricing programs that are superior to the "one-size fits all" expensive physical world/virtual world merchant processing programs."

Yes I do work with a bank that offers traditional merchant accounts, but I don't see PayQuake as a competitor in that area. The target market is way different. I do give merchants what they want. The only PayQuake account I can really compare my services with is the Pro Plan since that's the only one you can accept debit, Discover, and Amex with I can beat those prices any day of the week including set up fees and monthly fees.

As for the minimum monthly fees, any business that does any type of volume at all never pays them. If you are running a business that is anything more than a hobby, then you will process enough to not pay them.
      0 Not allowed!

7out,

Great email with great points. I have much to say to you, but for fear of sounding like a "homey" for payQuake, that is why I gave you my personal email address so you and I can communicate outside this board and my comments will go directly to you.

I don't want to come accross as an advirtiser here on this board..
      0 Not allowed!

hmm.. I think this start getting out of hand .. and it should be PM.

Wadya think ? ... admin ??
    Roy K.
      0 Not allowed!

Out of hand?

I'm not for or against PayQuake. I don't know enough about their services. I'm just looking for info. If someone wants to come on the boards and say how great a company is then I at least want to know if they use the company.

commrcemaster,
    feel free to PM me if you want.

drhonk,
    you started the thread and wanted info on PayQuake. I thought you'd be interested in the answers to some of my questions, but hey, it's your thread. If you don't care, I'll do everything by PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I got my answer alright .. and more ..

I didn't mean to get you (7out) and commrcemastr to start arguing on things .. sorry.

But .. thanks for everybody who has been very helpful

Cheers,
    Roy K.
      0 Not allowed!

DR Honk and 7 out,

I love these spirited debates !! I am not offended by anything that anyone says to me on this board. DR-you didn't start an arguement, you started an email string that is very informative and educational.

Being kind of a newbie to this board I have a fear that my comments will come across in a fashion that the administrator will feel is too advertisive, and thus you see some of my latest comments geared towards taking some of the communication offline. I am trying to respect the rules of this board.

If the administrater doesn't feel my comments are too advertisive, than I can continue my friendly bantor with 7out.

<<MOD NOTE: Too much. Kill off the advertising and the rest is fine>>

Anyway, I would love to hear anybody's thoughts in regards to the "evolution of the payments industry" Where will the payments industry be 1 year from now, and what factors will help shape the industry?
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-17-2002 at 01:45 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

ok... why should i use PQ instead of PayPal or 2CO or PaySystems?

What pluings should i look in a cart to use PQ? Authorize.com?
      0 Not allowed!

Thumbs up

Hey guys, don't stop now, this thread's just starting to get interesting... and informative.

...Grum
      0 Not allowed!

commrcemaster,

you can answer the questions posed in this thread without advertising or breaking the rules. drhonk wanted to know if anyone is using PayQuake and how their service is.

I ask you again. Are you affiliated with them, or are you just a very satisfied customer? (answering this will not break any rules)

If you do work for them I would like some more info on the services since the site is very vague. If you use their service you will also be able to answer some of my questions.

It is ok to answer questions with factual answers and the mods will not delete your posts. If some asks a direct question, just answer it directly.

For example, if someone asks a question about PayQuake, don't reply with
    "You must work for an ISO/Bank who can't compete with merchant controlled pricing programs that are superior to the "one-size fits all" expensive physical world/virtual world merchant processing programs. You are probably upset that payQuake puts pricing control decisions into the merchants hands where it should have been all the time, and not in the Bank/ISO's hands, where they have traditionally over the past 30 years lined there pockets with most of the revenue developed from merchants being charged minimum/gateway/customer service/statement fees weather they have transactions conducted on their web-site or physical world store or not!!. "
    or
    "payQuake was able to cut deals with most large key ecommerce companies due to it's superior, pro-merchant bankcard processing technology"

Just answer the actual questions and you won't be advertising. You'll be informative and that's what I believe drhonk and I know I was looking for...information, not hype.

<<MOD NOTE: This post is 100% correct>>
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-17-2002 at 01:47 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Juanmanuel,

payQuake is in a different class of merchant accounts from the rest.

PayPal and the other provide a shared merchant account. Shared merchant accounts are just that; you the merchant share "1" merchant account with 100's or 1,000's of other merchants.

The benefits are having the ability to sell something in an auction format, and accept credit cards as a form of payment.

The downside is that you, the merchant have no benefits of an individually procurred merchant account like FDIC insurance, chargeback rights, in-depth settlement and reporting, etc.. All you have is an out of date email based payment system.

payQuake provides real merchant accounts, with all the above-mentioned benefits that are paramount for merchants to run an on-line/off-line business.

Shared merchant account providers like PayPal have run their course. After 30+ years of traditional bank sponsered merchant processing, PayPal 3 years ago provided this shared merchant account technology which I call "Non-Traditional" processing and has done very well with it. But the achilles heel of PayPal is outdated technology. If you don't believe me, check out a search on Google and enter the word "PayPal". There are approximately 225-250,000 destinations attributed to "PayPal Sucks".

payQuake offers Non-Traditional -low to no financial barrier to entry for merchants, and Traditional world- real merchant accounts, FDIC Insurance, Chargeback rights, etc.... And merchants [may] pick from 3 different merchant accounts that best suits their business needs, and give them a breakdown each and every month via an on-line statement what they paid for their current merchant account service, and also let them know what they would have saved had they chose one of the other types of merchant accounts offered by payQuake, and then give them the ability to switch to whichever merchant account is best suited for their business each and every month!! Whew, this is why payQuake is much different from PayPal and the others..

I hope I haven't bored you to death, I hope I have answered your question..
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-17-2002 at 01:50 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Hi 7out,

I am the CEO of the company. I can and will if time allows answer each and every question that you or anybody else might have in regards to the industry, various other types of processing, or payQuake itself.
      0 Not allowed!

commrcemastr

There's very little in the way of details on the PayQuake site. The fact that there are no terms or full pricing / payment details, at least not without entering your name and email first, immediately sets off alarm bells in my head, so maybe you could give us some of these details:

1)Are there any fees with Pay for Play other than the $49 Annual fee and the normal transaction fees?

2) Is the service available to non US businesses?

3) if so, How are the funds paid?

4) Where can we read the Terms/Agreement and get more details?

If you could answer these it would be a real help...

thanks

...Grum
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by Grum
    commrcemastr

There's very little in the way of details on the PayQuake site. The fact that there are no terms or full pricing / payment details, at least not without entering your name and email first, immediately sets off alarm bells in my head, so maybe you could give us some of these details:
    Hi Grum, I will try to answer your questions:
    1)Are there any fees with Pay for Play other than the $49 Annual fee and the normal transaction fees?
    answer-"0" up front, "0" monthly, and after you are on the service for at least 60 days, that is when we charge the $49.00 fee
    2) Is the service available to non US businesses?
    answer-Visa/MasterCard regs will not allow U.S. based merchant account providers to "cross borders" by providing the service to non U.S. businesses, but as an add on service, we procure merchant accounts via some international merchant account providers that we have cut "special deals with".
    3) if so, How are the funds paid?
    answer- the merchants gets to choose both "how many currencies they would like to offer via their website, and also what currencies they would like to settle their funds into their bank account with. The average settlement time is 1 week.
    4) Where can we read the Terms/Agreement and get more details?
    answer-currently we have our merchant agreement attached to the end of our on-line application, but in the future, we might provide a copy standalone on our website.

If you could answer these it would be a real help...

thanks

...Grum
      0 Not allowed!

commrcemastr

Thanks.... Sounds good.
    (but so did 2Checkout 6 months ago )

I'm still unsure if you can or cannot provide the service for international (Austaralian) business tho (4.30 am here so I'm a bit thick right now).

Also, call me paranoid, but I won't supply any information to any website without first reading their terms, privacy policy etc. Particularly the sort of info I'm sure you application form would require..... I'll check there again tomorrow to see if you have the terms on the site..

Thanks

...Grum
    Last edited by Grum; 11-15-2002 at 01:50 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Okay, this entire thread has become a great advertisement for PQ. For future reference, when somewhat asks you a question about your company in a non-advertising forum, handle it via PM or Email. Report sent to mods...
    - Adorno
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks for the info commrcemastr.

I have another one. I will use oscommerce as a shopping cart which pluging should i look for?
      0 Not allowed!

JuanManual,

payQuake is integrated with Miva-the largest most popular store builder on the net. Miva has over 80% penetration of all hosting companies.

We are also integrated with Authorize.Net-the most popular secure payment gateway on the net.

To Synopsize, most integration work that you think you might need is probably alerady handled because our partners provide integrations with most other ecommerce related companies...
      0 Not allowed!

so if i use a authorize.net plug in in oscommerce cart i will able to use a payquake merchant account?
      0 Not allowed!

Hi comphosting,

I apologize if I haven't come across properly on this board. As a "newbie" I am slowly but surely learning the in's and out's of posting here.

Hopefully I will get it right sooner rather that later...
      0 Not allowed!

Affirmative..
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry to be so late to get back on this, but I should note that commercmastr arrived here immediately after I had had an email altercation with PayQuake's parent company (USMS.com) over the misleading claims on their site. I felt that their claims were tantamount to deception and as well as saying this, I also remarked that I was updating the payment gateways page on my site and would add their company.

This is http://www.zolotek.net/zrl/zolotek/gateways and is still being updated as of now. (NB, this is not an advertising page, but is meant as information only) The following day commercmast appeard here.

Note too, that PayQuake will tell you by phone that an application to USMS is the same as an application to them - ie they pass their applications on to their parent company.

Also note that the remark earlier by commermastr to the effect that they "pass non-US applicants for merchant accounts on to a partner (eg Worldpay) for merchant account processing there " is simply incorrect. The partner simply processes for a gateway or bureau account, not for a merchant account.
    Lyn St George
      0 Not allowed!

Hi Zolotek,

To set the record straight, both payQuake and USMS have agreements with International merchant providers like WorldPay.

Our deal with WP is:

We pass a co-branded Wordpay application that is sent via the perspective merchant to Cambridge, UK and the Island of Jersey, UK. WP builds the perspective merchant account on their system, and emails us immediately in regards to the merchants status.

Once we receive the status on the persective merchant, we are also simultaneously(PQ and merchant) informed by WP in regards to the live turn-on of the merchants account with both WP and their private secure payment gateway company.

WP provides most of the customer service, and sends merchants their processing statements each and every month.

As I mentioned in one of my previous emails; as an add-on service, payQuake provides merchants who are domiciled outside the U.S with the ability to procure non-U.S. based merchant accounts via one of our International merchant account providers.

Have I now made my point crystal clear? I hope so because misinformation given on bulliten boards need to be corrected so our captive audience has a clear understanding of what the real picture is, not somebody elses version of it.
      0 Not allowed!

Originally posted by commrcemastr
    Hi Zolotek,

To set the record straight, both payQuake and USMS have agreements with International merchant providers like WorldPay.

Our deal with WP is:

We pass a co-branded Wordpay application that is sent via the perspective merchant to Cambridge, UK and the Island of Jersey, UK. WP builds the perspective merchant account on their system, and emails us immediately in regards to the merchants status.
    Wrong. They do not build any merchant account - see below. Also, by 'perspective' I guess you mean 'prospective'.

Once we receive the status on the persective merchant, we are also simultaneously(PQ and merchant) informed by WP in regards to the live turn-on of the merchants account with both WP and their private secure payment gateway company.

WP provides most of the customer service, and sends merchants their processing statements each and every month.

As I mentioned in one of my previous emails; as an add-on service, payQuake provides merchants who are domiciled outside the U.S with the ability to procure non-U.S. based merchant accounts via one of our International merchant account providers.
    Wrong - WP do not provide "merchant accounts" and they are very careful themselves in making this clear. They will provide an "internet trading account', known by them as "WorldDirect", which is simply a bureau or "third party" account. I should know - I have have had this account for the last 3 years or so. For you to state otherwise is misleading.

They also provide a pure gateway system for those who already have a merchant account with one of their listed acquiring banks.

Have I now made my point crystal clear? I hope so because misinformation given on bulliten boards need to be corrected so our captive audience has a clear understanding of what the real picture is, not somebody elses version of it.
    Quite - misinformation does need to be corrected, and you need to check with your parent company and find the true picture on both their agreement with WorldPay and whatever you believe you are re-selling on their behalf. At this point the information you are giving simply does not cut the mustard.
    Lyn St George
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast