Brand new to my VPS - don't know where to start.

I used to host a FlyFF server on my laptop (but it was too hard on it being on 24/7) so I purchased a VPS from, so I could upload all the server files without keeping my computer on.

When your ordering your VPS, you have to enter a domain name (and it gives you 2 name servers), so I entered my current domain name, and I went into my hosting CP, and added the 2 name servers listed into the remaining 2 slots (2 for my hosting (default) and 2 for VPSLand).

Now I'm not sure if there's more after that I have to do, but I tried accessing my VZPP, which is https://myip:4643 which I think would be

Once someone tells me how I can access my VZPP (I've tried everything), how would I upload the files, choose which ones to execute (I only need 3 files running 24/7) how I find out what my IP is (my VPS IP) and how I create a MySQL DB.

Maybe those above questions will be answered by myself once I gain access to my VZPP, but I have no idea how to do that.

So, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hey there,

Virtuozzo Power Panel (VZPP) can also be at port 8443 ie. https://myip:8443 or

VZPP is for you to manage the VPS itself, like reboot the vps, install plesk, backup the vps etc

if you want to create your accounts and manage the domain side of it, like create emails or ftp accounts, etc you need a control panel like cpanel, directadmin. If you dont want to have a control panel due to the cost of it, them you will have to probably check if apache is installed and place the files directly at the web server

If this is something really complicated for you I will suggest you to first find a managed vps and you can later go back to unmanaged when you feel more confortable.

I hope this helps!
    Waveweb Technologies
    Customer Service Guarantee

To upload files either you need to use file manager or use FTP. For that you need to add a domain in your control panel.
    Netedge Technology 24x7 webhosting support, Monthly server management, Dedicated support.
    Nelichso Live chat support software

Tampa, FL
    You can easily go through your server and check if httpd, mysql, php, and whatever else is installed that you need to run a webserver. If it's not then you can easily deploy it your self or get some kind of management to do it. My vote would be for winscp to upload your files. After you dowload it, just enter your ip, root details and you're off to the races for uploading and editing.
    Dave Parish