HostingController V.S. Ensim on Win2k

I have done a week of research and found either Ensim (ensim.com) or HostingController (hostingcontroller.com) would be a good solution for my Windows hosting business.

The problem is that I cannot decide which one to choose. Can you guys give some comments? Would love to hear both positive and negative sides. Thank you so much.

Ensim seems to be very good but I don't like that it does not support most of mail servers.

Sorry

commandmatrix

i have ensim.. but i think Commandmatrix (www.etrinix.com) is better and cheaper

Hello,

I am in a similar situation..Personally I like the features of HostingController specially the handling of billing system for clients however the software is toooooooooo buggy...since past few days I was doing a test on HostingController..Indeed Command Matrix is very nice..It would've been the best solution for windows based solution only if it had a billing system..I am currently testing ensim...ensim seems nice as well but quite expensive...just my 2 cents..

Is there any improvement on HostingController? I mean I have seen them issue updates. Maybe the bugs have been eliminated. HostingController have a lot of features. That's what catch my attentions. Also, any bugs for Ensim? I think I have read from this forum that Ensim has bugs on Windows version.

For Commandmatrix, the fetures look nice but the design and layout needs improvement. Any bugs for Commandmatrix? It's new to the market, huh?

Commandmatrix seems dry to me, very featureless. HC on the other hand has lots of features.

Ensim seems like it has a good amount of features, but lacks a billing system. A billing system to me atleast..is an important part.

i think if you have more than one server, you'll manage tickets and billing from another centralized software, like phpmanager o mbill.
    I read that in the next middle release commandm will have skin support.

Frederick
    From Argentina!

I think you might find Helm (www.webhostautomation.com) to be an appropriate choice.

Originally posted by Adam_S
    I think you might find Helm (www.webhostautomation.com) to be an appropriate choice.
    That is, if you can wait a couple months.

You mean a couple of weeks? Whats wrong with that?

There's nothing wrong with waiting a couple of weeks. It should be mentioned that it is not a released product though.

<on another note> what's that wierd icon to the left of this thread in the hosting software forum. I thought the thread was locked, but I guess it's not...

It looks like a printer. Anyone know what it means?

ah..... wait wait wait... its been ages since helm has been in the pipe line... why should we put our businesses on hold for its release.. there are lots of control panels out there for the windows 2000 platform.

neonlexx, Command Matrix has quite a lot of new features planned in v2.0, i suggest you keep and eye for on it. Its due to be out next month and includes a billing system.
    Arsalan
    Nexus - http://nexus.pk/
    ** Smart Solutions for Smart People! **

Arslan. You are trying to make out that Helm has been like HostGUI where it clearly hasn't. They informed everyone that they had to extend their deadline to add more functionality for the first release and thats the only time they had ever changed it.

I've got the RC now along with many other hosts I've seen. I going to use it in production in 2 weeks or less. It's definately stable enough as the RC alone.