Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

startup adult site needs payment solutions...Help please

Greetings. I'm new to the boards, but have been reading and going through a few of the threads on adult payment solutions. I find this forum to be a notch above others, based on its professionalism. My issue is that, I am new to the adult website industry, and have no previous transaction history. My estimated revenues may be 2-5,000 I'm guessing. How does one get a processor when initial revenues will be low and one doesn't have any banking history to provide to these processors?

If anyone knows of a processor(s) for adult content based site that will consider a new start up business, I would deeply appreciate your input!

You should go directly to CCBILL.COM other alternatives are Vertotel, Epoch systems, thats what all the other Adult Webmasters are using and they have been using them for ages now. All 3 are 3rd party payment processors, they are expansive (compared to regular e-com transactions) but still you can make a good income on this.

Further to the regular billing they offer, they also have a GREAT affiliate system and they will pay your affiliates for you, so you can just focus on your website and to drive traffic to it, the rest will those companies do for you.

No Wow Factor

Quote Originally Posted by fionix View Post
    You should go directly to CCBILL.COM other alternatives are Vertotel, Epoch systems, thats what all the other Adult Webmasters are using and they have been using them for ages now. All 3 are 3rd party payment processors, they are expansive (compared to regular e-com transactions) but still you can make a good income on this.

Further to the regular billing they offer, they also have a GREAT affiliate system and they will pay your affiliates for you, so you can just focus on your website and to drive traffic to it, the rest will those companies do for you.
    Thanks for the input fionix. I've been going through these threads and have seen recommendations for CCBill, Vertotel and Epoch systems. I've sent an inquiry to Epoch minutes ago. However, I've read a negative post on Vertotel. I am concerned because I do not have a processing history yet, and I believe revenues will start slowly and wont have the wow factor for these processors in terms of monthly expected revenue.

fionix-

You work in the offshore merchant account business?

No not directly, we have a large network of MAP's and gateway service providers we work with on behalf of the clients which are also forming a offshore company through our services.

Quote Originally Posted by fionix View Post
    No not directly, we have a large network of MAP's and gateway service providers we work with on behalf of the clients which are also forming a offshore company through our services.
    Perhaps in the future we will do business with each other.

If you're based in the US, Canada or Europe, CCBill is definitely the way to go as a startup. The fees are high but they'll consider new business, and have an excellent reputation. Once you have processing history and sufficient volume a direct MID would be wise to consider.
    IntegralPay | accept credit cards and other payment methods
    US, EU & offshore incorporations and bank accounts

Quote Originally Posted by jalami View Post
    If you're based in the US, Canada or Europe, CCBill is definitely the way to go as a startup. The fees are high but they'll consider new business, and have an excellent reputation. Once you have processing history and sufficient volume a direct MID would be wise to consider.
    Thank you Jalami for your suggestion. I will look in to CCBILL.

I will be acquiring more than one processor. Not immediately, but with time. It is always good to have a backup. Or an alternative, for clients.

payment solution is still the pain in the market

I second that!

yes, +1 from me

Quote Originally Posted by RxNetwork View Post
    yes, +1 from me
    RX-- who are you using for processing. I do know that pharm sites have a difficult time with finding and obtaining reliable processors?

All of the recommendations thus far are reliable names in the adult industry. They are a bit more expensive but they can be because people still use them even with their higher rates and fees. If you are worried about having no processing history and not wanting to pay a setup fee I would also suggest checking out GTBill and Zombaio. They are both reputable, but not nearly as well known as some of the bigger players. To my knowledge neither charges a setup fee and their rates are both considerably lower.

Zombaio

Quote Originally Posted by MerchPro View Post
    All of the recommendations thus far are reliable names in the adult industry. They are a bit more expensive but they can be because people still use them even with their higher rates and fees. If you are worried about having no processing history and not wanting to pay a setup fee I would also suggest checking out GTBill and Zombaio. They are both reputable, but not nearly as well known as some of the bigger players. To my knowledge neither charges a setup fee and their rates are both considerably lower.

I've been doing some research for Zombaio. I haven't found anything negative, but not much feed back from people that are using their services. They also have a cap of under 180.00per/transaction. I need that for my high end subscriptions. I have subitted a site review from them and have been approved, but would like more information before filling app. and accepting their services.

I have even visited GFY to look at a thread on Zombaio. I hate going there becaue those webmasters are rude and cutthroat-my impression only. I will check out GTBill.

Thanks MerchPro

Here is the link for GFY thread for those interested: gfy.com/showthread.php?t=803575&page=3

I am also looking into jettis.

GTBill

MerchPro--

Well I did a quick search atRip-off Report for GTBill, and the complaint wasn't good. Here is the url: ripoffreport.com/reports/0/393/ripoff0393990.htm

fionix, are you AKA Kimmykim?

jettis on my blacklist...they have some serious allegations against them.

http://www.complaintsboard.com/compl...c-c176403.html

Both of those complaint links are allegations from misinformed consumers who direct their anger towards the payment processor. High risk payment processors deal with high risk charges, such as shady dating sites or mlm's. Much of the time the consumers don't read the fine print on the websites and end up getting billed 30-60-90 days down the road for something they were not expecting. Because the charge shows up on the statement as "Jettis.etc..etc" or GTBill..etc..etc" or they must go to through the payment processor to cancel their "unknown charge" they immediately think they are being scammed by some big bad payment processor.

Also, you need to take what ripoff report and complaints sites say with a grain of salt. I have actually been commissioned this week to help a smaller law firm bump off fraudulent reports appearing right under their name in Google's results. Nasty thing that ripoff report, just pray no one ever uses it against your company. Sometimes there are legitimate complaints, sometimes it’s dumb people who don’t understand what happened, and the worst is when it is competitors on smear campaigns.

Check the ripoff reports for these top merchant accounts, if you look through them, there are very few in regards to them stealing money from the merchant. Remember, seeing these merchant accounts not giving refunds to consumers is a good thing for your website. It means they are fighting for you to keep your hard earned money.

Epoch
    CCBill
    GTBill
    Verotel

Zombaio has no reports up on there as they are a very new company.

Anyways I hope this helps, and good luck on your search for a payment processor!

Both of those complaint links are allegations from misinformed consumers who direct their anger towards the payment processor. High risk payment processors deal with high risk charges, such as shady dating sites or mlm's. Much of the time the consumers don't read the fine print on the websites and end up getting billed 30-60-90 days down the road for something they were not expecting. Because the charge shows up on the statement as "Jettis.etc..etc" or GTBill..etc..etc" or they must go to through the payment processor to cancel their "unknown charge" they immediately think they are being scammed by some big bad payment processor.
    I do understand that aspect of doing business, but it is better to just cancel their account, refund and ban them for life, then to have them making all types of trouble--chargebacks, etc....

However, Jettis does seem to have a lot of bad comments-more than I have seen on some of my searches.

I do understand that aspect of doing business, but it is better to just cancel their account, refund and ban them for life, then to have them making all types of trouble--chargebacks, etc....

However, Jettis does seem to have a lot of bad comments-more than I have seen on some of my searches.
    For an adult website yes, this is the best, most legitimate way to run things and maximize your profits... the payment processors will love you as a client for running a tight ship like that! But there are a lot of "shady" businesses who essentially try to rip off their consumers, the high risk payment processors just tend to get caught up in it and blamed by these uniformed consumers who have no idea what a payment processor even is. Once the payment processor realizes what is going on and drops that business, it's generally too late but happily, 99% of the time the consumers do get their refunds in those scenarios. These business also tend to hop from one merchant account to another as they are usually dropped as soon as the processor's red flags go up.

EDIT: I can't speak about Jettis as I have never had any interaction or personal experience with them.

MerchPro,

Yes, you are right on that!

some help

hi guys,
    I've just found your posts, very interesting. thanks
    I'm new to this, I'm setting up a amateur website where visitors can see some free stuff, and can see the rest of the stuff, like videos and pictures after pay.
    Apart from the payment processor, I do have to buy a membership software, is it right?
    If so, how to choose one for adult website content?

Thanks a lot

Quote Originally Posted by DSeyir View Post
    hi guys,
    I've just found your posts, very interesting. thanks
    I'm new to this, I'm setting up a amateur website where visitors can see some free stuff, and can see the rest of the stuff, like videos and pictures after pay.
    Do you have this part of the site built already? If yes, is it the site created from scratch or do you use any script?

Apart from the payment processor, I do have to buy a membership software, is it right?
    If so, how to choose one for adult website content?

Thanks a lot
    You could just use some e-commerce package for the whole site, where you will sell subscriptions (membership levels) I believe. Once a customer obtains a level, he will be able to see/download products available for this very level.

Or would you like just to integrate membership software into your site?
    X-Cart - PHP shopping cart used by tens thousands online merchants worldwide.
    Follow us on Facebook

Membership software

Thanks Xcart!
    well, I didnt know that was possible to use e-commerce scripts to do that!
    I've found the membership software like amember and others to manage users, wish includes some payments processors with it, but the thing is that they use some processors that charge you a lot of money. So I've found some other processors that accept adult related payments, and they are cheaper, wish is emerchantpay.com and localbilling, but I wasnt able to find a membership software that goes with it.

Can you tell me something more about how to use ecommerce scripts on this kind of website?

(and, no, I dont use any kind of script at the moment on my web, is just made in html+css+jquery !

Thanks a lot

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast