30 day Quit Notice

Last Friday we went out in the afternoon and when we returned, there was a 30 day Quit Notice taped to the door! This means you have 30 days to get out. Of course it was late Friday night by the time we got home (7-ish), so we couldn't call. Sat. morning, no one was there to answer the questions (skeleton crew). So we call this morning (Monday) and ask what the heck is up, and they say, "Errrr... that was a mistake, your account is fine, just ignore it."

You do not just tape 30 day notices to people's door on a Friday night by mistake! Those flarking bastages!

*calming down*
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken

I bet you've been in a state of panic all weekend.

When I first saw this, I though oh no, Chicken's leaving WHT.
    VOIPO - VoIP Telephone Service

That would scare the hell out of me!!

Its bad enough when we get disconnection notices for our Power -- and of course a day before they say they're going to shut it off (and usually on a Saturday when the fast bill places are closed).

Good thing the eviction notice wasn't for you!!

Yep...I, like Tim thought that Chicken was leaving....then I read the thread and thought "Damn, he's not leaving "

...just kidding of course

what's a flarking bastage?

Things like that aren't very nice, they keep you worried all god damn weekend and then when they tell you its nothing, or it was a mistake your get plaring pissed about it.
    LipWeb.Net
    "Less Lip More Service"
    Providing Quality Hosting at Fair Prices
    AIM: LipWebNet MSN: daniel[at]lipweb.net [color=red]

Yikes

Eek. Maybe you should get them to give you an apology letter. I still wouldn't trust them after they said that. (they might have their computer records messed up, meaning you still show as unpaid)
    -Mooneer
    Thoughtbug Software: Hosting shouldn't require any thought.
    Legitimate host? Support the Code of Ethical Conduct

Chicken, mayeb they messed up on purpose to keep you on edge, and make sure u know who's boss!

Well, we're looking at buying our own over-priced California chicken ranch, *however* that hasn't happened yet and the thought of finding another place just for a few months (hopefully) and packing everything up two times wasn't exactly thrilling.

A flarking bastage is errrrrm... something I can say on the forum without the **** coming

Chicken

Chicken, just ban them for a month

This was the power company? LOL I just got a bad prank in my head (im not a prankster at all)...but wouldn't it just be cruel if someone went around and put stuff like that on people's doors. Im sure its illegal just popped into my head so I thought I'd speak out.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

I though it was bad that I got a letter from my co-op saying you havent paid your rent for 2 months..please pay up.
    I'm like [edit] what *** ****[/edit]... the money is there I gave you my checks....
    Turns out they lost the checks and forgot to tell me.

But to getg a 30 day notice ...? Ouch
    [url]I got nothing/url]

For clarity's sake, don't use "<ip address of hostname>" use the ACTUAL 32-bit numeric IP address of the machine.

Try to take it on the lighter side...maybe it's "30 Days To Quit Smoking"....

And I too thought chicken was quitting. Thankfully, not.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

I got a 48 hour to mow grass on my door . Don't you hate those neighbor's who are always looking for trouble?

I added: (for apartment) so it wouldn't sound like a forum thing.

Chicken

simply say, since it is my property I can let the grass run wild!
    LipWeb.Net
    "Less Lip More Service"
    Providing Quality Hosting at Fair Prices
    AIM: LipWebNet MSN: daniel[at]lipweb.net [color=red]

Actually 30 Days isn't all that bad. I was renting a flat ... think you call them apartment in the states.. I arrived home one night, in the dark, when I went to unlock the door the key wouldn't work.

Seemed the real estate agent had taken it into there mind to change the locks. All my belonging where inside the flat including my wallet, cheque book papers all I had was loose change. It was one of the hardest flats to gain ebtry to the only way was thru the front door, took me several kicks to break the lock.

Evidently one of the neighbours had complained about the noise level. I was on the second floor and the way the building was constructed it was extremely bad for noise. If you had the tv volume set to a normal level you could hear it all over the building.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    Need help? just ask The Doctor
    House calls a specialty
    If ignorance is bliss, why aren't more people happy ?

So the Crocodile Dundee movies depict reality down under

So the Crocodile Dundee movies depict reality down under
    Well lets put it this way. I never got the flat back, however they never said a word about the door, they knew they were wrong.

btw .. Paul Hogan re crocodile dundee, was a painter on the Syney bridge before in started in movies. Actually Australia is the most urban country in the world about 80% of the population live in large cities.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

Guess I'm on the wrong end of this stick, but what the heck... I own a house, built in 1894, converted to a duplex, with a flat (1,200 square foot apartment) upstairs, and similar downstairs, which is where my family and I live.

A week before the end of October, one of the tenants from upstairs is obviously moving out. I ask him if he is planning to pay the rent for November and December, which is the 60 days legally required. Nope. No notice, nothing.

His roommate isn't paying anything, either. He stuck around for a couple of weeks, then moved most of his sh**t, but left 10 bags of garbage and other stuff that still fills half the apartment. Again, no legal notice which allows me to advertise and re-rent.

The flat is a wreck. Every room needs painting and the carpets are ruined with cigarette burns and candle wax. The tenants had a dart board in the dining room and obviously sucked at darts, judging by the holes in the wall. And the list goes on...

These are people that left lights on all day, opened windows and left them open in minus 30 degree winter weather, and expected me to pay the bill to heat the rest of the frigging village.

And as for noise...well, I'm standing in my kitchen one day, and a tenant comes home and cranks his music so much that my floor and walls were shaking, and I couldn't be heard SHOUTING in my own kitchen...

So...I guess the morale of this is, it depends on which side of the story you are on, and the kind of people that you have to deal with...I treat my tenants with courtesy and respect and expect the same in return.

What happened to Chicken is wrong. But then, what happened to me is also wrong, don't you think?
    Kimkia

Unfortunately some people don't have any respect for other peoples property. It is people like that that ruin it for the rest of us. Years ago I rented a property and subletted rooms ... shared the expenses and it worked well, however I wouldn't do it again, I now live in a large house just me and my 16months old daughter. I had considered renting out a room, not for the money but for company, I had even considered free rent in exchange for light house duties, but in these times it is hard to find trust worthy tenant/s.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

if anything happens to my little 1901 cottage here Doc I may apply for the position of
    free rent in exchange for light house duties
    as long as I have my own bathroom and you also supply me with adsl

and you also supply me with adsl
    I am currently in the process of setting up a wireless lan onto a adsl internet service for a co-op. It is envisaged the network will cover the entire Bendigo area .. so there wouldn't be any trouble connecting another node for the boarder.
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

and this is all about quitting
    http://freeserve.i-resign.com/uk/quitclock/
    see how soon you get to quit

Doctor .. and my own private pergola as well

Chicken, go to their door and post a letter.

The firemarshall has deemed this building to be a hazard and is slated for destruction tommorrow. You will receive documentation of this decision in the mail in the coming days. This inspection and subsequent decision is on file with the county clerks office.
    dotGig
    <:<: [Fruit eating linux administrator]

At one point I payed my powerbill twice. Silly thing to do, but it meant I didn't have to pay anything for about 6 months so... One day I get home, and the lights won't go on in my livingroom, kitchen, bedroom, etc. Only the light in the hall. The hall is on another fuse and is always on, even if there is no power in the flat. I thought I hadn't payed the bill in time, and that they had cut the power for me . I connected an extesion cord to the hallway wall socket and got power in my bedroom. It was saturday evening, and I knew I couldn't do anything until monday morning. Sunday morning comes, and I start to go through my flat to see if I have to connect something else to the hall socket. I get to my aquarium, and notice something odd... there is WATER in one of the extension cords. Some water had dripped along one the cords from the top of the aquarium and had blown the fuse! I dissconected the waterlogged cord and replaced the fuce... and there be light!!!

That saturday night wasn't a pleasant one...
    "Stop flame-wars - Report a post"
    The original Kitty Lizard

Poor fish.

The fish were OK. They didn't have to worry about the bill

yeah i was like wtf is this for, when i read the thread i didnt know what the notice was
    Don't look for a way out.

Fried fish

Fried fish
    No with water that would be ..Broiled Fish ... served with a slice of lemon ..
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

Don't speak ill of my pets!!! They are very nice fish and very much alive.

Actually Reptilian Feline, I rather like pet fish and would love to own my own tank .. I have alway wanted one but for one reason or another have never actually ended up getting one. I rather envy you. Perhaps one day I will have my own.

Doc
    www.doctorhill.com.au
    House calls a specialty

It's very nice to look at them, and they become quite friendly too. I have a BIG tank, so I don't need to change the water that often. I usually just top it up once in a while. Big is more expencive but easier to keep in the long run.

Have you got the top closed off in case of wandering paws ?

Top closed, but that's so the fish wont jump up and escape... no paws to get the fish, no cat at the moment