Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    I designed that, did you buy it from someone called connor, or kyle?
    That would be Kyle, yes. I'm open to suggestions to resolve this issue amicably

Best
    UNIXy - Fully Managed Servers and Clusters - Established in 2006
    Server Management - Unlimited Servers. Unlimited Requests. One Plan!
    cPanel Varnish Plugin -- Seamless SSL Caching (Let's Encrypt, AutoSSL, etc)
    Slow Site or Server? Unable to handle traffic? Same day performance fix: joe@unixy

Well I designed this layout for kyle, and I thought he was going to use it for his hosting site, but I'm guessing he sold it to you?

And the layouts aren't that similar are they?

Quote Originally Posted by Aiden View Post
    Well I designed this layout for kyle, and I thought he was going to use it for his hosting site, but I'm guessing he sold it to you?

And the layouts aren't that similar are they?
    Even though I don't have an Arts background, I can tell the similarity very clearly. Plus, Kyle sold it as a unique design. The Paypal note says it as well.

Regards
    Slow Site or Server? Unable to handle traffic? Same day performance fix: joe@unixy

I started this layout from scratch. The only things that are similar are the icons used, which are a very popular icon set, used on many web 2.0 layouts. And, the layout of the price box. I can change these if needed, but those are the only similarities I can see.

These designs are wayyy tooo similar...If Aiden is telling the truth and the design he has was started from scratch and both designs were made by him I would say that he is not a very good designer because of the lack of creativity!!! That's my view

This has been resolved with both myself (the buyer) and the designer, a full update will be posted tomorrow to clear up and misunderstandings u may have regarding this sale.

I do have a say in this as well since the design I purchased is supposedly unique and considering the close ties between the seller of this design and the person that sold me the design.

Moderators, please do not close this thread if asked as this is not resolved yet.

Thanks
    Last edited by UNIXy; 08-12-2009 at 07:46 PM.

So let's recap. Aiden allegedly makes the original design and sells it to Kyle. Kyle sells the design to me as unique. Aiden then changes a few icons and sells it again to someone else on WHT. Gentlemen, these are some strong business ethics

Great!

This is what has happened with me, i approached Aiden as i liked the look of this design so i put my offer in which turns out to be higher than an offer given by another user here on the forums, Aiden takes my offer after maybe saying the other offer was good (at the time) but as i had bidded higher i won the template.

Aiden and myself talk offline about the design and how i would like it adjusting for my own use, and then it turns out that Aiden had created two simillar designs, you can see both in full at the following (http://www.habble.ej.am/litesvr/ & www.habble.ej.am/yourhost) litesrv was apparently sold to a gentleman called Kyle who has then sold it to someone else in the meantime Aiden has created your host and is trying to sell that here, although their is some design relevance between the two designs neither design are the same and do have some changes so are not 100% classed as a 'rip'

I have recently pulled my offer out of the 'yourhost' template as i didnt want my buissness model to be affected by the look of my main selling point, however Aiden has said that he will design me another template which i have yet to see based on my own specification and which will cost the same amount as the bid i had put in origionally, i thought that this was noble of him.

I hope this information helps someone

Sorry if the design is simular, at the time i solt you it, it was a unique design.

UNIXy, I don't see what your problem has to do with Aiden. This post was done to sell a design which I believe could of been requested not to allow a chain of conversation.

If you purchased a 'unique design' for less then a few thousand dollars and think it's going to give you the ability to go out and call people on it your a little mistaken.

Im sure anyone on here can point to at least 10-20 hosting companies all with pretty much the same exact layout. If someone named Kyle sold you something claiming it was his and was unique then you have a problem with Kyle not with this forum post.

I've been talking with Aiden about buying this layout myself but im skeptical at this point as to who all it was promised to be unique to. One would have to find out what rights Aiden sold to Kyle and if this all has done for under 100 dollars it doesn't make alot of sense.

So this thread was never here to question authenticity, it was here to sell a design.
    James Paul Woods
    Operations Manager
    HostKitty Internet Services

how much is your price please?

Aren't the designer and clients better off resolving this in IM land instead of looking to damage any kind of reputations they may have by letting a little nasty thread slip?

Either way, I can't see why this is advertised as being a 'web 2.0 style' .. it's got actually nothing web 2.0 about it (find out what web 2.0 is before slightly mis-selling ).
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

Quote Originally Posted by woods01 View Post
    UNIXy, I don't see what your problem has to do with Aiden.
    Hi there,

Aiden sold this design to Kyle so all rights belong to Kyle. Kyle transfered the rights to my business, exclusively.

Regards

This has now been sold, and I believe there may be slight changes to prevent the designs looking similar.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12