Igsobe 2 months review, total loss!

2 months, 1 discount service 5 days off, and what did sir john? said it did not fall.
    Just the discount, I paid the $ 74 for him, and server is off and no explanation. When the server returned, was download at 2 mb / s YEAH, And upload did not go about 30k, which they did? They finished my SERVER, missing 10 days to due.

From Jhon: Internet Gateway of South Beach on 07/08/2009 18:56 PDT
    Good evening,Within our support system, I've posted screen shots that your server uploads at the speed advertised. Not every server in the world will connect at 100MB speeds, and that's simply a fact of the way the internet is constructed, and something we cannot change.Since it is obvious you have no interest in paying for your server, I am terminating your service at this time and removing your server from our network. It will be re-provisioned to another customer.I wish you the best of luck in your future endeavors.

You mean you were sold 100Mbps port and you were only able to utilize 2Mbps ?? thats an exploitation of overselling. Wow that a huge blow in the name of service.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Maybe that worth to do your best and return your backups and just chose another server and go?

On the brighter side you got a very valuable paid lesson.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Since it is obvious you have no interest in paying for your server, I am terminating your service at this time and removing your server from our network
    Ignoring the complaint about the slow speeds, what's that comment above referring to? It sounds like, according to John, that you didn't pay for the server yet it was provisioned?

Quote Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
    Ignoring the complaint about the slow speeds, what's that comment above referring to? It sounds like, according to John, that you didn't pay for the server yet it was provisioned?
    Amazing. How clients start blaming host when they have not paid for the service. Let's see what John got to say about this.
    Last edited by turbovps; 08-08-2009 at 12:14 PM. Reason: .

Quote Originally Posted by Pat H View Post
    If it had paid, had come why post here?

I'm just wondering why you didn't add the screen shots as a link so we could see. That being said, I also would think that not paying a provider doesn't give you access to the server also, no matter what's going on. I do hope best of luck for you in the future, but if you're going to post something, please give all details (Like uploading the screen shots to a web server) so we can all see it.

I think that some people donīt get the "core" of problem:

He payed for 30 days of service, get 20 days of service because complaiments about speed. Iīm correct?

Good morning,

I'm happy to respond to the claims of the poster, and they're pretty serious ones. If we're randomly terminating service to people only 2/3 of the way through their billing period and they're only able to achieve transfer speeds of 30K, there's something really wrong.

I'll address each claim now:

Transfer speeds - The first message we got about this was at the end of July:

--
    Sent: Thursday, July 30, 2009 5:05 PM
    To: John C. Young
    Subject: Re: default - Contact

Hello John see

http://www.speedtest.net/result/528971815.png

Down e up sux, please correct the problem.

Regards
    --

My reply stated that I wasn't sure what server he was testing in the link provided, but it wasn't ours. We haven't used MZima in the past (we'll be adding them as a carrier this week, coincidentally), only WBS Connect. Miami is also a pretty far distance from LA, where the machine he speed tested was located. Whatever he tested wasn't from our network.

I alerted him of this - after some further discussions, I was provided the login and password for his server, I thought there may be a port speed mismatch. However, through my test, I was able to get acceptable speeds to CentOS mirror sites and replied in a support ticket.

The attachments listed in my ticket can be viewed here:

bwm.jpg - This is the tool Bandwidth Meter, as ran on the customer's server. This shows a download speed of 21 megabits download speed.
    ftp.jpg - This Bandwidth Meter again, showing a transfer speed of 22 Megabits while FTP'ing CentOS to my Dreamhost account via FTP. I have screenshots of the customer's UTorrent running at the same time, but I am not including those screen-shots to preserve his privacy.
    our_router_traffic.jpg This is a Cacti bandwidth measurement of our WBS Uplink taken at the time of the transfer. We have a Gigabit uplink to WBS Connect, as the chart shows as being true.

This (in turn) caused the complaint to be changed to the upload speed of the server being the problem.

Using the same method (FTP's and Torrent traffic) to transfer files, I tested the server again, as shown here and here. Given the amount of spare bandwidth we have available, I think it would have been easy for me to achieve 50 megabits had I tried a few mores sites. Unfortunately, the ongoing payment issues with this customer make me think that's the real problem here, which brings me to my next point.

Nonpayment of Account

As shown from the Paypal comments here, you can see that the customer has been disputing his bill for some time, despite efforts to help him and being told that we need to get the Paypal disputes of his closed. A quick review of WHT will show that we've never terminated service for making negative comments or threats towards us, if a customer pays for their service, we deliver it to them.

I think that the above links show that we've done our best to troubleshoot this issue that we've never seen proof of (nor has any proof been shown when it was posted here - it was conveniently left out), and that a payment issue has been ongoing.

Once the dispute is closed (assuming it's in our favor) either by the customer or by Paypal, if the customer wants, I have no problem giving them 10 days of service without charge.

However, given the issues above, and the request that we lower his bill without a reason (as shown below), I don't think that we should continue to provide him with service at our expense.

------
    Sent: Tuesday, July 07, 2009 2:38 AM
    To: Internet Gateway of South Beach
    Subject: Re: Server

Hello igsobe team, I wonder if I would like to have discount on my next payment, because I liked much of the route, traffic and the server, because $ 74 will be impossible for me to maintain it, there could even anticipate my discount payment, depending on the value, you can do something for me?

regards
    Sidney Lucena

---

No doubt situations like this are frustrating for us and for the user, and I think we've done our best to try to keep the lines of communication open and avoid an "IGSOBE SUCKS" vengeance post to try to deter future business.

If there is a way that this could have been better dealt with or avoided, I'd appreciate any feedback. Paypal disputes are a tricky situation, and I try to deal with each one on a case-by-case basis to get the best results. Sometimes users open these with a good cause (we've had custom orders take longer than 24 hours setup, for example) I'm happy to give folks a refund then, or anytime within their first week, so I don't want to say that "all Paypal disputes will be challenged". Still, it's been my experience that most are unjustified and an administrative burden.

Have a great week.
    Last edited by jcy1978; 08-10-2009 at 01:09 PM. Reason: Removed bad grammar for better readibility.

Quote Originally Posted by abraaocaldas View Post
    I think that some people donīt get the "core" of problem:

He payed for 30 days of service, get 20 days of service because complaiments about speed. Iīm correct?

theft n. the generic term for all crimes in which a person intentionally and fraudulently takes personal property of another without permission or consent and with the intent to convert it to the taker's use (including potential sale).

If someone purchases groceries, a doctor's visit, or a car repair and makes payment with a check, what would it be called if the check was returned for insufficient funds or canceled by the writer?

From the above examples, what would make this case different? Similar to groceries, we have a product that once consumed (bandwidth and electricity) it can not be resold to others, similar to a doctor's visit we have time that cannot be regained again (in responding to this thread, provisioning, Paypal disputes), and similar to a car repair we have something that is considered a "utility or essential", as lots of folks run their businesses on our servers and would rather go without a vehicle as opposed to their server.

These examples vary little from the actions of this client. We're being treated worse, however....in the above examples, none of the companies accepting a bad check were called out in a public forum by the accuser, citing unproven claims to diminish the quality of their services. Instead, the client (and I use that term very loosely) was satisfied that he pulled one over on those who were honest, having received products or services without paying the fees.

We'll continue to act in an honorable way with this client. While I don't think it's fair that we need to "make right" fulfilling this client's service period of 30 days if the attempt to steal our service fails (ie: the Paypal dispute is closed in our favor). However, he has paid for 30 days, and he'll receive it (and not 20) should we receive payment. I can assure you that those who operate saturated networks do not host a Speedtest site and after I posted a half dozen screen shots of the test speeds I got with the server, one would hope that we'd at least get one screenshot of poor speeds. Well, one that actually originated from our network, I should say. (I just found out that Comcast upgraded the speed in our area, as I got 30 Megabits on our speedtest, downstream)

I'd very much like to hear from other providers and how they deal with issues like this. However, since you've taken the time to reply to this thread (as you do most that mention us) maybe you could share any tips on how we could have done better for this client, from your perspective as a consumer of these services?
    Last edited by jcy1978; 08-10-2009 at 07:45 PM.