Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Unhappy Servers that allow Mass/Bulk Emailing with no sending limits (200,000+ emails)

Hi All,

I have a list of 200,000 email addresses of people that have subscribed to my website over the years. I would like to "mass email" them all, a few times per week, all at one go using bulk email programs SmartSerialMail or Interspire Email Marketer.

The problem is, I'm told most servers only allow 500 emails per hour to be sent?

Can anyone reccomend any servers/companies that will allow 200,000+ emails to be sent at one go?
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe you can join https://www.google.com/a/ Free service, you can use your current E-mail and send your mass emails.
    sorry, This user doesn't have a signature
      0 Not allowed!

www.verticalresponse.com

Use a service designed for this.
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy
      0 Not allowed!

You will need a dedicated server for that volume of email. A responsible provider would also have to ensure that the list you're using is legitimately obtained/double opt-in - otherwise they could risk their IPs being blacklisted.
    Darren Lingham - Stablepoint Hosting
    Stablepoint - Cloud Web Hosting without compromise
    We provide industry-leading cPanel™ web hosting in 80+ global cities.
      0 Not allowed!

You can use something like http://www.yourmailinglistprovider.com/ for the mailing list and keep the hosting in a regular host, otherwise you'll need a dedicated server for it.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore
      0 Not allowed!

It will cost you several hundreds if you plan to use that much bandwidth... most dedicated servers will also need an unmetered bandwidth plan to handle your newsletter..
    Cash4Berry.com - Sell your cell for cash!
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you, any recomendations? www.verticalresponse.com is far to expensive.
      0 Not allowed!

www.getresponse.com

Awesome delivery rates, fast, and easy to use.

The only thing it won't do is send the 200,000 emails all out at once. It will spread them out over the course of 24-48 hours to keep loads down.

You could go with a dedicated server with this volume, but your delivery rates are going to suck
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe look for a 10mbit unmetered Server if you can mange it yourself.

Best,
    Nathaniel
    SIP Trunking and VoIP Lines, Numbering (DIDs and DDIs), Low Cost Minute add-ons, Secure SIP and VoIP. Business and Enterprise Grade Quality, Low Cost and Highly Competitive. Available at: https://www.voipyonder.com/
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by FasterUpload View Post
    It will cost you several hundreds if you plan to use that much bandwidth... most dedicated servers will also need an unmetered bandwidth plan to handle your newsletter..
    Most emails are only a few kilobytes so I don't think you'd need unmetered bandwidth on a server that is specifically for sending email but as others have said you're not going to find a shared provider that's going to allow you to do that.

I mean you could possibly throttle it down to 450/hour which would take 444.4 hours or approximately 18 and a half days to send out 200,000 emails but I am pretty sure that even if you did this you would end up suspended at most providers.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      0 Not allowed!

And PS, that list of 200,000 subscribers should be making you crazy amounts of money. So much that the cost of a mailing list service will be pennies compared to what return you get off it.

Maybe you should consider promoting certain products to cover your costs.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.
      0 Not allowed!

If you want your emails to make it to their destination safely, you should probably use a real mailing list service.

Any hosting provider is going to be nervous about someone sending out so many emails from their network. With such a huge list, there are bound to be tons of abuse complaints, even if all the addresses are legitimate. You'll have automated systems blocking emails from their network, among other problems.

The mailing list companies do this for a living, and are often whitelisted by email servers to make sure messages get through. If abuse complaints come in, they're prepared to handle them. They're also more efficient at sending out the messages in a short period of time.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions
    *** http://www.bqbackup.com/ ***
      0 Not allowed!

I would use something like constantcontact or mobilestorm. Safe, legal, and to my knowledge, they are whitelisted on a lot of mail providers.

I will warn you though, it's not cheap.
      0 Not allowed!

Whitelisting is definitely not a requirement *if* the sender has a good, clean setup, and the list is clean. It boils down to a choice between skill or money.

The clean list requirement is not really a consideration between one or the other choice because the paid providers are going to require it too.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumStatus View Post
    Hi All,

I have a list of 200,000 email addresses of people that have subscribed to my website over the years. I would like to "mass email" them all, a few times per week, all at one go using bulk email programs SmartSerialMail or Interspire Email Marketer.

The problem is, I'm told most servers only allow 500 emails per hour to be sent?

Can anyone reccomend any servers/companies that will allow 200,000+ emails to be sent at one go?
    Most VPS systems or dedicated servers with root access will give you the capability to email all of those people. That's a pretty large number, though; try not to get your IP blacklisted. Try InMotionhosting.com or Lunarpages.com.
    Affordable, Hassle-Free Web Hosting - Rated Top Web Host of the year! All packages include Free Professional Website Builder!
    On Sale Now!
    Top Rated Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Try InMotionhosting.com or Lunarpages.com.
    Have you had experience with them?
    - I did see you recommending several different webhosts in different threads.

-Sean
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by biggunn View Post
    Most VPS systems or dedicated servers with root access will give you the capability to email all of those people. That's a pretty large number, though; try not to get your IP blacklisted. Try InMotionhosting.com or Lunarpages.com.
    Lunarpages.com simply said no. I did do a live chat with InMotionhosting.com and they seem to say yes but he himself didnt seem to stand behind his word's with confidence that they could handle it. You can simply read below and tell me how you would feel trying to get a plan that could handle 200,000 emails sent at once with them. Sad thing is he wanted me to email some one else for my questions even though i was on Live Chat for 20 minutes.

InMotion Hosting Live Chat Below.

SemoWeb: Email

You are now speaking with Doug W. of Unsure/All Other Inquiries.

Doug W.: Hello

Doug W.: May I have your domain name please?

SemoWeb: Hi Doug i wanted to know if you guy's allow user's to send 200,000 email's all at one time.

SemoWeb: Im currently not hosted with you guy's :-)

Doug W.: Are you looking at getting a VPS or Dedicated hosting plan with us?

Doug W.: Our business plans do not support that type of volume

SemoWeb: Im not sure what would i need to get to send that many email's and not being suspended?

SemoWeb: Does any of your plans support that many emails to be sent at once?

Doug W.: What type of emails would you be sending? I inquire since we do have very strict policies against spamming and will suspend accounts suspected of spamming.

SemoWeb: Just mass email's to my users on my website to keep them updated it wouldnt be spam to unknown user's.

Doug W.: It's really dependent on the size of the email messages as well of the time of day and package you have. For an emailing of that size I would recommend at least a 1024 VPS package

SemoWeb: Ok let's say i do purchase this, its a done deal i can send 200,000 emails?

SemoWeb: I dont want to be worried about being suspended etc for sending this many email's i want to be confident that my account wont be touched. So please assure me that i can send 200,000 emails with ease also know that they wont be spam.

SemoWeb: Can you do that Doug?

Doug W.: In that regard you would want a dedicated plan which would be able to handle that volume of emails.

SemoWeb: Correct sent at once and not being suspended at all.

SemoWeb: Is it possible? Do you guys support it?

Doug W.: That's correct, as long as they're legitimate emails to members of your site you won't have an issue

SemoWeb: Ok Doug and which Dedicated would i need? How much USD monthly? If ever i get suspended i simply will get my refund?

SemoWeb: I will simply mass email my user's and they will be legitimate email's but you guy's will never fail me? Or just say they are considerd spam?

Doug W.: If they are considered spam then that would be considered a violation of our Terms of Service agreement and in which case the account could be suspended without warning. If they're legitimate emails then you shouldn't have any issues.

SemoWeb: And what if i get suspended but show proof they are legitimate?

Doug W.: For a better assessment on which package to select you can email sales@inmotionhosting.com or contact a sales representative as they will be here in 15 minutes and they can help you with any questions and getting your account setup

SemoWeb: I just dont want to send 200,000 emails and you guy's flip upside down on me and simply suspend me .

Doug W.: As long as they're legitimate emails you'll be fine

SemoWeb: Doug i been on Live Chat for 20 minutes with you id hate to start this conversation over.

SemoWeb: Alright Doug have a good day.

Doug W.: You too, thank you for contacting us

Most hosting companies wont allow this so please keep us updated when you do find some one who does and leave us a review after sending that many emails and how did that company react.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com
      0 Not allowed!

The obvious work to setup DKIM, Domain Keys, SPF records, reverse DNS will be required. I'm having a hard time understanding why you would need to contact 200,000 people a few times per week, since I might understand a monthly newsletter, as well as e-mails pertaining to the individual's account on your website ( social networking updates, for example ).
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post
    Whitelisting is definitely not a requirement *if* the sender has a good, clean setup, and the list is clean. It boils down to a choice between skill or money.

The clean list requirement is not really a consideration between one or the other choice because the paid providers are going to require it too.
    Whitelisting helps with a list so large because with the amount of potential complaints it could generate - you could end up blacklisted all over the place just due to the complaint volume. I know that places such as senderbase are very likely to give you a negative standing for that volume of email which will then result in many places blocking your email and then if you get on any RBLs that will knock you down on senderbase as well if you were good meaning no matter what you do - there are going to be quite a few places that are going to reject your mail.

I mean if it were only a few thousand then I wouldn't worry about it much but for 200,000+ .... that's a ridiculously large list that is likely to generate a ridiculously large amount of spam/abuse complaints.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
      0 Not allowed!

These are DJ's and Radio Station DJ's who have opted in to recieve new songs. So every week I intend on sending them new MP3s from artists who would like to get their music plays on the radio. Thanks so much for all the help, I am still stuck tho!

www.mp3waxx.com and www.ugotwax.com both send emails daily, and claim to send to 500,000 people! What servers do they use?
      0 Not allowed!

Please tell me you are just emailing links to songs and not attaching a MP3 with every single message..
    --
    mp3waxx's MX is at Affinity.com, which appears to be some kind of ad network

ugotwax's MX appears to be at mediatemple
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post

Yea that's true. But some of the content people send out has some questionable content in it occasionally and is flagged by mail providers.

I think if the OP is experienced enough with mailing software and making sure his list is 100% opt-in, he should be fine. Also making sure the block he gets from the ISP is not on any blacklists, checking senderbase, spamhaus, rbls, etc. before going on your merry way with your ip block.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by PlatinumStatus View Post
    These are DJ's and Radio Station DJ's who have opted in to recieve new songs. So every week I intend on sending them new MP3s from artists who would like to get their music plays on the radio. Thanks so much for all the help, I am still stuck tho!

www.mp3waxx.com and www.ugotwax.com both send emails daily, and claim to send to 500,000 people! What servers do they use?
    My advice would be not to mail the .mp3 with the emails but to email a LINK to them.

Why don't you contact that web site and ask them - maybe they will tell you.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by quantumphysics View Post
    Please tell me you are just emailing links to songs and not attaching a MP3 with every single message..
    --
    mp3waxx's MX is at Affinity.com, which appears to be some kind of ad network

ugotwax's MX appears to be at mediatemple
    A link to the MP3, would never attach any files because of people still on Dial Up.

Regards and thanks.
      0 Not allowed!

Most free e-mail hosting providers will not accept too many e-mails in short period from single ip address, you should look for any service involved in multiple IP/Servers to be able to send that much messages.

One of my friend is in E-mail marketing business and he sends out approx. 600,000 - 700,000 e-mails per day without any issue, off course their e-mail list is confirmed double opt-in.

He is using custom mail server setup with about 25 virtual private servers, costs $800+ monthly.
    Last edited by ovais; 08-09-2009 at 08:17 AM.
    LoopByte
    India Based Dedicated Servers, VPS & Hosting Services
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast