Mumble control panel?

Hi guys,
    I'm looking to start offering some mumble servers, more than likely free ones. So I'm looking to see if there are any control panels that I can use for this voice app.

Thanks in advance,
    Bret
    NetHosted Ltd. - UK Based Web Hosting
    Like us on Facebook!

Would love to know this. I know tcadmin you can host mumble but that isn't exactly what you would be looking for.

Aye, I wonder how hard it would be to code one from scratch. Although I'm clueless as to what it would need. Start, stop, restart - would a need for creating channels from the web page be a feature that's needed?
    Like us on Facebook!

Bret: Ice is pretty trivial to use for PHP and Python, if you want to code your own. I don't recommend looking at D-Bus because I think the devs will be phasing it out - Ice takes less care + feeding also, just ensure users can't get to the Ice port and you're golden.

I don't think you need the ability to create channels from the web, as someone with the right privileges can easily do it inside the client. Our's has basic user/group management, but users almost never use it for anything other than just creating a user. User management will most likely be phased out in 1.2 as well (once the owner of the Murmur gets Superuser access they'll be able to add their users from inside the client by right clicking and registering their certificate).

Getting Ice to play nicely inside of a WHMCS module was a pain, I expect it to be the same on most other auto-provisioning systems - we wound up using an internal XMLRPC server as a stop-gap.

There was a django based control panel that looked pretty promising, but I think it used DBus, which is a PITA. Most of the others I looked at were pretty poorly coded, and if you're any kind of programmer rolling your own wouldn't take more than an afternoon or so.
    I used to run the oldest commercial Mumble host.

Well, I have no idea about coding. Only basic HTML and VERY basic PHP haha I wonder if it's possible to integrate it into a game control panel just using the command line options. I'll have a play about if there aren't any other suggestions. Thanks for your post, fwaggle

Bret
    Like us on Facebook!

Mumble server

Quote Originally Posted by Bret - dediShack View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm looking to start offering some mumble servers, more than likely free ones. So I'm looking to see if there are any control panels that I can use for this voice app.

Thanks in advance,
    Bret
    Why you dont try with a teamspeak server.Has a cp and working very
    well?

Quote Originally Posted by rossguide View Post
    Why you dont try with teamspeak servers.Has a cp and working very
    well?
    Because I want to offer mumble servers rather than teampeak servers?
    Like us on Facebook!

mumble

Quote Originally Posted by Bret - dediShack View Post
    Because I want to offer mumble servers rather than teampeak servers?
    ).right answer from your point of view but team speak is the leading voice server for gaming

Quote Originally Posted by rossguide View Post
    ).right answer from your point of view but team speak is the leading voice server for gaming
    I would say Ventrilo and Mumble are much better for gaming in comparison. Many people would also agree, but this isn't a thread regarding what voice app I want to provide, it's a thread about whether there are control panel's available for Mumble/Murmur

Bret
    Like us on Facebook!

Check out:
    http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Runnin...Web-Interfaces

For a list of web interfaces for murmur. I'm not sure how practical they are for the hosting market but i'm sure its worth a look to see if there is something for you.

If you need some assistance setting up ice as well as a useful guide for setting up glacier (Allows you to securely transmit ice commands from one server to another) then you can find a nice tutorial for Windows & Debian (Although i'm sure it will apply to most linux distros to some extent):

http://mumble.sourceforge.net/Ice

There are no control panels that natively support Mumble because it is relatively new, but you can configure most any game server cp to install Mumble, and no doubt web cp's as well, or even just a billing system with a batch script on the back end. If you are not comfortable doing that maybe wait till someone supports it out of the box and there are 1000 companies hosting mumble already.
    Noel Houck
    Midnight Gaming