[Review] Hawkhost.com Rocks!

Yes they do. Been with them for 8 months now (can PM the mods the site details). I host two sites (main one for a friend, secondary my own personal site

While the sites are pretty much dormant (think only a thousand or so page visits a month), BUT i love them for the following reasons:
    a. SUPER SUPER SUPER customer service. Honestly, I can't imagine anyone hosting thousands of websites and providing such quality and quick support. The slowest ticket replied within 15 mins (USA daytime) and around 45 mins (USA night time). And with a REAL solution. No "we have forwarded to the concerned department and please wait X business days" nonsense.

Tony, if you're reading this - you rock!

b. CHEAP. I mean, I'm not using much - and I'm not paying much either! Just about 3USD. Worth every penny.

c. Reliable. It works. Pretty much all the time. There was one time the site got overrun with malware (some junk PHP code that i cleaned out) - but that was the same time, I was using all kinda public computers for uploading stuff. Back on our regular laptops, no breaches since then or before that.

d. Competent and patient. Quick setup of every request I've given. Taken the pains to reply to sometimes tangential queries with insights as well!

I'd be stumped if you would ask me of ONE shortcoming of hawkhost.

No, I have no commercial affiliation - just one of their fanboys really

Quote Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
    Yes they do. Been with them for 8 months now (can PM the mods the site details).
    Use this link instead, and thanks!
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

I wouldn't doubt it - Tony runs a tight ship and a great service imho

Good work HH
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Aye Aye saar!

Done that.

Kindly note - I'm an Indian and Tony's based in the USA - so ain't no fake here. Just that I feel compelled to hand the kudos where its due.

As an aside, need compelled to mention www.cosmolabs.com - they were the original guys we used (friendly neighborhood guy) - overcharged, was registering through net4domains.in while selling dreamhost stuff at his own rates and confused customer service. Shifted over end of Jan and couldn't be happier.

However, for dogged persistence, he'd give King Bruce's spider and Sindbad's old man a run for their money!

Yes they do. Been with them for 8 months now (can PM the mods the site details). I host two sites (main one for a friend, secondary my own personal site

While the sites are pretty much dormant (think only a thousand or so page visits a month), BUT i love them for the following reasons:
    a. SUPER SUPER SUPER customer service. Honestly, I can't imagine anyone hosting thousands of websites and providing such quality and quick support. The slowest ticket replied within 15 mins (USA daytime) and around 45 mins (USA night time). And with a REAL solution. No "we have forwarded to the concerned department and please wait X business days" nonsense.

b. CHEAP. I mean, I'm not using much - and I'm not paying much either! Just about 3USD. Worth every penny.

c. Reliable. It works. Pretty much all the time. There was one time the site got overrun with malware (some junk PHP code that i cleaned out) - but that was the same time, I was using all kinda public computers for uploading stuff. Back on our regular laptops, no breaches since then or before that.

d. Competent and patient. Quick setup of every request I've given. Taken the pains to reply to sometimes tangential queries with insights as well!

I'd be stumped if you would ask me of ONE shortcoming of hawkhost.

Such a glowing review that made me smile.. you're so enthusiastic! Thanks for the kind words - I'm sure Tony will stumble upon this post shortly and appreciate the kudos. Glad you've enjoyed the service thus far - I hope you continue to enjoy the experience .
    Cody R.
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly Serving websites since 2004.
    Official Let's Encrypt Sponsor

So is hawkhost.com a reseller? (who?) If not, can we get some server/data center specs? Are there any specials for 1 year of hosting? Thanks for the info!
    Affordable, Hassle-Free Web Hosting - Rated Top Web Host of the year! All packages include Free Professional Website Builder!
    On Sale Now!
    Top Rated Web Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by biggunn View Post
    So is hawkhost.com a reseller? (who?) If not, can we get some server/data center specs? Are there any specials for 1 year of hosting? Thanks for the info!
    HawkHost are hosting out of the Softlayer DC and have quite a few servers with them. You can literally get all the information you want from their site hawkhost.com - from their server/dc specs to any current offers they've got on.
    ClanDrive Hosting | The No Fuss Webhost
    Shared & Reseller * Seattle - West Coast * LiteSpeed * cPanel * Fantastico * R1Soft * &More *
    Dedicated * Seattle - West Coast * 1-Minute Monitoring *
    VPS * NY - East Coast * OpenVZ *

Domains verified. Thanks!

Lois
    "Do what you can, where you are, with what you have." – Theodore Roosevelt

The team over at HawkHost always do an amazing job. I submitted a ticket their in the past and it was answered within 10 minutes and i was not even a customer.

So congratulations to both parties and what a great in-sight and detailed review. These are definitely always welcome here.

Sean
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Quote Originally Posted by SamCD View Post
    HawkHost are hosting out of the Softlayer DC and have quite a few servers with them. You can literally get all the information you want from their site hawkhost.com - from their server/dc specs to any current offers they've got on.
    Where's the affiliate program?! I love those VPS prices!
    Affordable, Hassle-Free Web Hosting - Rated Top Web Host of the year! All packages include Free Professional Website Builder!
    On Sale Now!
    Top Rated Web Hosting

Thanks for your testimonial!

Not surprised. Their service and support has always been top notch for me!

Thanks for the review

Thanks for sharing your good experience with us. Always it is nice to see a happy customer face. Come back and update us once you complete an year with them. Congrats HawkHost

Their shared boxes have 16 cores
    drew@slicie.com - Vertical Scaling Servers
    30 Minute Backups - Pay for what you use

Read this post in their forums hope it helps you.
    http://www.hawkhost.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Its a joy and extremely refreshing to see such positive reviews about a web hosting company. Keep us updated!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

I'm really glad to hear that you're having a good time with your current host. Congratulations to Tony & co at HawkHost, and I hope that the good service continues! Please, as Lindi said, keep us updated....

This is quite a detailed and nice review, thanks for keeping us updated. Hope to see your updates a few months down the road...
    SYN Gadget (!) Synchronous Gadget
    It's All About Gadget, Gizmo, Hot Tech Stuff and So Many More!
    SYN Gadget is Proudly Hosted by SYN Hosting

Good to hear our hosting is working out for you.

I agree I do rock

We like fan boys

We do not resell someone else's services. The closest thing to that is our use of Softlayer (they're awesome) and their 3 datacenters.

We have one but no $100 payouts like some large hosts

Quote Originally Posted by HostSentry View Post
    Their shared boxes have 16 cores
    Probably one of our Dual Xeon 5520 servers so that's 8 cores + 8 virtual due to hyper threading. Still a monster of a machine for shared hosting
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!