Hybrid View

Thumbs up Established hosting business for sale, app. 600 sites and $140,000 income/year

Folks,

Have a very well established (over 10 years) hosting business for sale. About 600 sites (plus domain registrations) with current annual income of about $140,000. I have a very loyal customer base even though our most common hosting plan is about $19/month. Willing to sell for around $60,000 to a competent buyer (good deal price explained below).

VERY low turnover rate, my secret is very good phone support and very reliable service. Currently the primary service is hosted
    on three servers running RHEL 4 at ThePlanet, monthly bill of $727.00. There is a custom control panel that we developed. Would be happy to offer scripting support in transitioning people to your control panel or training you on our system. Very, very automated system.

Two issues are forcing a sale. Even with the good service I am seeing a gradual drop in clients, losing about 13/month, and I want to move Company focus into software development areas.

Have some personal family issues to address which will make it very difficult for me to effectively run the business in the near future. I've had some of these hosting customers for 10 years and owe them good service and a smooth transition to a new provider.

Had been in some private negotiations with a few potential buyers, but they have failed to respond. I simply can't wait any longer to find a buyer and need to find my subscribers a good home.

There is no scam here. The Company uses a separate Tax Accountant and all our info is readily available in Quick
    Books format. If you are serious and ready to close a sale in the next 6 weeks -- please contact me. Would like $60K, no reasonable offer will be refused.

Look forward to hearing from you.
    John
    -----------------------------------------
    John Murtari
    http://www.SoftwareWorkshop.com/

John,

Does the business include domain name/website to help with business continuity during the migration?

Can the servers at The Planet continue to host the service for a while to enable a slower migration if desired?

Are the colo servers your only real expense directly associated with the service? Meaning no license fees for billing systems, control panels for resellers, installed software, etc.

I'd like to find out more specific details about the company so if I need to sign an NDA, please send it to buyer [at] thunderboltcomputing.com

Thanks,
    Ron

Quote Originally Posted by T-bolt View Post
    John,

Does the business include domain name/website to help with business continuity during the migration?

Can the servers at The Planet continue to host the service for a while to enable a slower migration if desired?

Are the colo servers your only real expense directly associated with the service? Meaning no license fees for billing systems, control panels for resellers, installed software, etc.

I'd like to find out more specific details about the company so if I need to sign an NDA, please send it to buyer [at] thunderboltcomputing.com

Thanks,
    Ron
    The domain name is not part of the sale, although you could use it for several months to complete a transition to your own domain.

No problem transferring control of the servers at the planet, you would just have to pickup the payments, they are month-to-month.

Regarding other license fees, almost everything is open source. You will have full rights to use our billing system/control panel if you wish for as long as you wish. The only licensed software is Canit, our anti-SPAM system, that runs us about $500/year.

I'll also contact you at your email address. Thanks for the interest!
    John Murtari

Hi John,

We would be interested. We would sign an NDA also to get access to some details.
    Email: info [at] yukonhost dot com

John,

I am a very interested and qualified buyer. Please forward NDA to thickox@directoryconcepts.com. I would like to speak with you as soon as possible. You can reach me at 800-454-6977. Subject to your answers to a few questions and reasonable due diligence, we should be able to complete a transaction quickly.

Thanks,
    Tom

Folks,

Please no more requests on this sale. Have had a good response and feel I have a qualified buyer. Will update post if a problem develops and other offers will be accepted.

Thanks WHT -- very nice site, good community.

John
    John Murtari