Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Best Web Hosting Site by Design?

Hello,

In you guys' opinion which is the most appealing/ good looking Web Hoster's site you have come across by design. I have seen some with;

non-cluttered interface;
    cool designs;
    layout;
    good support section;
    detailed FAQ/tutorial;
    easy good looking ordering system;
    etc, etc, etc.

Do throw me URLs of the ones you have liked and would have wanted your own site designed that way.

Cheers,
    Viv

IMO, I like going for the more corporate-schemed websites. As opposed to sites like Gearhost.com, etc.

1.) C!Host.com
    2.) Telstra.com
    3.) Interland.com
    4.) HostRocket.com (All the HostRocket heavily-inspired websites are starting to make me not appreciate the design anymore).

I don't really judge companies on their site design, however sometimes its obvious

Take Rackshack for example. If you polled their visitors.... do you think they would find their design one of the coolest? No. All that counts is the companies reputation and how much information they can provide you.

I agree with phpcoder. Take www.hostpacket.net for example, great design, excellent, but poor service the past few months.

When you look at a web host look for things like uptime, scripts you can run, customer service response times and ways of obtaining support.

hostchamp, I'm not quite sure what you're trying to get it but I hope it isn't that a sites design makes or breaks a company.

While in general it's a good guide line towards how good the company is overall it's hardly set in stone and research is required into every firm, even those with nice designs, before you make a decision.

Or maybe you just want to see some cool designs, in which case ignore me completely

Originally posted by phpcoder
    I don't really judge companies on their site design, however sometimes its obvious

Take Rackshack for example. If you polled their visitors.... do you think they would find their design one of the coolest? No. All that counts is the companies reputation and how much information they can provide you.
    While I agree with you in concept phpcoder, our actual experiences are different. We started out with what you might call a nominal web design. After a couple months, I realized I wanted something else. Following the redesign of our site, orders increased noticeably. While it is impossible to say that all other things stayed the same, it was a noticeable increase. Therefore, I don't think page design can be neglected.....it matters to customers.....even if it shouldn't.
    *AlphaOmegaHosting.Com* - Hosting since 1998
    Managed Dedicated Servers and VPS
    Hosted Exchange 2010 Email Service

DomiNET.net is PixelBricked but with a lower budget but i luv rackfast design.
    Joman Sierra
    http://www.dominet.net

Okay guys, my idea is just to check out cool site designs as the thread says, so i will ignore you BULLDOG I never hinted that a web hosters website design has anything to do with the quality of service he provides.

Also, most of us have visted the corporate web sites.

I would preferably want website URLs of small to medium sized web host businesses which i guess most of us here are. I am looking at neat design and a solid support section.

Thanks for ya guys' posts and pls keep those URLs coming in as i want to check all of the sites and tell you the best ones i like

Also, primarily i would like to see and compare shared webspace seller's sites and not "dedicated only" sites, but it can be a combo of both.

this site looks good;:
    http://www.clove.net

Originally posted by ryza
    this site looks good;:
    http://www.clove.net
    They really need to change the text ....

Websites are a marketing tool - it is the packaging. The rational is that a comapny that markets and packages professionally must therefore deliver profesisonally.

That may not always be the case...book by it's cover and all that...but in marketing terms, it's a lever.

Of course, marketing is fueled by individual needs and demands. There's a big difference in image between a company that doesn't see a need to package professionally, and a company that simply packages badly.

design is the first thing which comes out infront of customers eye
    basically there is 2 kind of marketing in hosting business
    1: excellent design (new customers) out bound marketing
    2: good service and support (permanent customers) in bound marketing
    so if you have these 2 things definetely ur business will run more then others who have only in bound marketing or out bound marketing..
    --------
    ok lets come to the point i like my own company designs
    www.triplesoft.net/clients/isolate/
    www.dynastyhost.com
    www.primefunding.net
    welll gota big list..lol..so its enough for now and beside my company work i like rackfast
    Thank you
    Contact Triplesoft.net Online Web Development Company
    Aim: kodvavis
    email: [email protected]
    Http://www.triplesoft.net

I personally think www.mchost.com has the best customer based design out there, well besides mine You go to their web site, easy loading, very eye relaxing, and not a lot of gadgets jumping around everywhere trying to catch your attention. It is extremely straight forward and easy to navigate.

i still want to know how mchost trade marked "Host Unlimited Domains"
    Matt Kelly
    WCiT.net
    Managed and Unmanaged
    Budget VPS, Cloud and Colocation

Originally posted by progex

2.) Telstra.com
    IMO, that is THE worst site ever designed. There is just way too much clutter and you can't even find some information you need without going through 3-5 pages.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]
    Reliable web site hosting is our motto. We have Alertra stats to back that up.
    Proven provider of high quality shared and reseller accounts since 2002.

IMO, that is THE worst site ever designed. There is just way too much clutter and you can't even find some information you need without going through 3-5 pages.
    Considering the amount of content and information needed to be displayed, I'd say that is a hefty job for the designer to do, and the job has been done well. After all, Telstra isn't just a web hosting company... They also serve as an ISP, broadband connections, business enterprise solutions, etc.

Considering the amount of content and information needed to be displayed, I'd say that is a hefty job for the designer to do, and the job has been done well. After all, Telstra isn't just a web hosting company... They also serve as an ISP, broadband connections, business enterprise solutions, etc.
    So is Optus. And Optus's website isn't that crowded.
    YourCheapHost.com - Low cost multi domain hosting solutions. [Legal adult content friendly]

Okay i have visitsed most of the sites you guys put in here. When i look at a web hosters' site, the home page has to be appealing and non-cluttered, the support section should be detailed and good, also the ordering process should be easy. Also pls me have more site and how do you people like the design of ******.com, i think it's non-cluttered.

Originally posted by net-trend

I totally agree. Their old structure was far better.
    Andrew Walenczykiewicz
    StyleMy.com

Telstra is much bigger - Even Optus go thru them.

And their customer base is HUGE.

Anyhow.. I dont find it hard clicking 1 or 2 more times to find info.. I aint lazy

Originally posted by faculty

Anyhow.. I dont find it hard clicking 1 or 2 more times to find info.. I aint lazy
    When it comes to web design, lazyness is not a factor.

Ease of use, ease of navigation, ease of accesability etc as defined by Jakob Neilsen is very important.

eg. A customer should not take more than a specified number of clicks to find a phone number.

I find it easy to use.. and hell they cant navigate it all. There is to damned much! Anyhow! If you find categoric ordering to much, they have a sitemap if you had bothered to scroll down a little;

http://telstra.com/res/docs/Sitemap/

Originally posted by Everyday
    i still want to know how mchost trade marked "Host Unlimited Domains"
    By filing trademarks.
    Marc Wyss - [email protected]
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Originally posted by Kiwi

By filing trademarks.
    Hilarious. I am sure educated people are laughing about this considering whatyou are attempting to TM. Also, we posted a few times in a thread about your other TMs. You said they should appear soon. I haven't seen them and it has been months.

Originally posted by UmBillyCord
    You said they should appear soon. I haven't seen them and it has been months.
    Do a little search
    Marc Wyss - [email protected]
    MCHost Inc - Experts in Private Label Reseller Plans
    http://www.mchost.com

Originally posted by Kiwi

Do a little search
    Oh, I have my friend.

Good luck with it by the way, Kiwi. Should be a real pain in the arse to enforce.

For the life of me, I don't know why you even though this would be a good idea.

No, I know about this one. I am following this one and one other one. Waiting for a certain stage.

I am talking about a thread he and I discussed in detail months ago about other TMs and Copyrights, etc... He knows the one.

Waiting for a certain stage.
    Is that the stage where they laugh and throw things at him until he goes away?

Anyways, back to the topic:

http://www.hostnex.com (clean and spacious)
    http://web.archive.org/web/200105160....com/index.cgi (Hostway's old site)

www.uplinkearth.com

the design demonstrates their quality service

As for [email protected] hosting, I do think the design is non-cluttered, however, as are most hosting websites. After all, most hosting websites don't have much content anyways.

However, to me, the [email protected] website doesn't appeal much to me. It's quite plain, IMO.

Anyways, back to the topic:

http://www.hostnex.com (clean and spacious)
    [url]
    Another HR owned site. They have numerous other sites designed by Ceonex that they own. (Not counting rackfast and HR site).

You've got quite the eye there bud

-Brendan

Originally posted by HRBrendan
    You've got quite the eye there bud

-Brendan
    Hey partner, I am sure Theo over at Ceonex hooks you up.

hi dandanfirema

are you aware of this? .. http://www.mitridat.com
    If you site http://www.AlphaOmegaHosting.Com by the same designer?

they probably just have the same stock photo CD

makes me laugh how many sites use the same stock photos of people..

hostnex. and uplinkearth are neat.

you guys got more urls.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast