VPS automation for resellers

Hi,

Thought I'd start my first post on WHT forums with a question regarding VPS.

Is there a VPS vendor out there that offers the following (in fact is what I'm after even possible?!).

• Automated VPS provisioning via WHMCS
    • Pay-as-you-go (only pay for VPS as they are set up)
    • No minimum contract or commitments

I'm looking at Linux and preferably UK/EU based but not essential. Doesn't have to be managed.

Closest I've been able to find is VPS.NET which have an API and supposedly a WHMCS plug-in but it's not available yet (they said out in two weeks back in May so not holding out much hope).

Would welcome feedback/comments on the above.

Anything is possible Just the amount of resources you have to put into setting that up and I'm sure some providers are already doing it.
    █• Taskade - To-Do List & Tasks All-in-One To-Do List & Mind Map App for Remote Teams
    █• Simple and shareable to-do lists for web, mobile, and desktop
    █• To-Do List Templates 300+ shareable templates and productivity workflows
    █• Get things done, faster and smarter! I eat penguins for breakfast ...

Why does it have to be provisioned with whmcs? Its the provider that is doing the provisionin -- you will be out of that loop, no?
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ

Not sure you are going to find all of what you are looking for but take a look at gogrid.com they have a pay as you go plan. Of course it is almost 40% more expensive than a standard VPS.
    ZZ Servers - Business Hosting, HIPAA and PCI Compliant Hosting Solutions - http://www.zzservers.com
    Xen Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting
    Custom configurations, firewall, VPN, load balancers, private networks and more.

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    Why does it have to be provisioned with whmcs? Its the provider that is doing the provisionin -- you will be out of that loop, no?
    I'm just thinking of reducing the administrative overhead as much as possible, just like current hosting packages and domains it saves you a lot of time (and money) when these are automatically provisioned - so why not the same for VPS?

How are they typically provisioned? I guess you set up with the vendor manually and just pass details over to the client?

Some systems such as HyperVM and vePortal have automation for VPS setups through WHMcs
    You can then have a reseller account from a host.
    And then get a contract with them so they only bill as you make them...
    That would do what you need I think.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

Hmm, I am a bit puzzled with your WHMCS requirement. But if you are looking for good alternatives in Europe: gandi.net has a Xen platform with easy provisioning and even API's for development. You can scale up and down even per hour if you like.

For US providers; Linode is an alternative as well. They have an API solution offer with possibility of rapid VPS (xen) deployment.

For managed solution I would go with liquidweb in U.S or you might take a look at 6sync.com - they are new and I just learned about them. But they are at least using well known datacenter and provide management with the VPSs

I think that it is much easy to get everything you want if you choose a web hosting provider that uses Parallels's automation solutions. I don't know about WHMCS. I have spend a few minutes searching, so I would refer you to any resource, but I didn't find any. Do you really need VPS to be provisioned via WHMCS?
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

No it doesn't have to be - just would make things a little easier/quicker.

I've been looking at KnownHosts as they have a reseller (white-labelled) program, though US based.

almost all VPS resellers plans are white-labelled
    Waveweb Technologies
    http://www.waveweb.com
    Customer Service Guarantee

Not UK based (but could maybe deploy in their London DC ) but Rackpace offers a REST+JSON API to deploy/manage nodes, and writing a WHMCS module to interface should be possible for any developer worth their salt.
    Mediadrive - Revamped Canadian KVM-backed custom cloud platform and packages coming soon!
    AutoDiscover.zone - Email client autoconfig for DirectAdmin
    I build awesome things! Ping me if you have something awesome you want built!

Quote Originally Posted by skwark View Post
    I'm just thinking of reducing the administrative overhead as much as possible, just like current hosting packages and domains it saves you a lot of time (and money) when these are automatically provisioned - so why not the same for VPS?

How are they typically provisioned? I guess you set up with the vendor manually and just pass details over to the client?
    I've used Parallels (when they were called sw-soft) for provisioning VPS. But in this case you wouild be the VPS vendor.

Still not clear where you want to be in the process. Do you want to manage or own the hardware and set up VPS's so you can sell VPS plans or do you want to resell VPS plans created by a parent host?
    Collabora Hosting - Unlimited Windows and Linux Hosting
    Web Security - VPS - Dedicated Servers
    Cloud and Managed WordPress Hosting
    Read how we do Unlimited Hosting at the Unlimited FAQ