Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    << I would but they say if I do that, they'd then up the price on this new server.. because its for "new customers only".. how do current customers upgrade then? >>

Current customers can upgrade to any of the non-sale offerings.

The Sale Offers are priced based on attracting new clients/business (technically at this pricing it can be considered a "loss-leader"...selling near or below cost to build client base quickly), not replacing old---which grows the company revenue, thus helping the entire client-base as a whole with network upgrades and new services. If we just permitted existing clients to order/upgrade to the Sale Offers, we would find ourselves in a position where we would have to purchase/supply thousands of new servers, obtain no new revenue out of it (possibly even loose revenue due to the sale offer new pricing), and that would very quickly put us out of business. That is not healthy for us, nor for the client base as a whole. The pricing for Sale Offers is based on new clients/servers only, and if we did allow replacement of existing service the Sale Offer pricing would not be so low---possibly 25%-50% higher. You cannot have best of both worlds.

This is a common complaint/issue all across the dedicated hosting industry, and it has been discussed over and over again on WHT. It's just how the industry works, and how it needs to work in order for the budget portion of the industry to continue to operate in a healthy manner. Can you imagine if clients were permitted to upgrade every month that a new server deal came out, things would get out of hand, and that company would be out of business real fast.

Moral of the story, we may permit an upgrade, but NOT at the sale pricing. Alternatively, we have non-sale servers that you can always upgrade to, that are still very reasonable priced.
    Last edited by HostJedi; 08-06-2009 at 04:30 PM.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Quote Originally Posted by eSited View Post
    Why don't you just cancel your existing server, back it up. Order the new server, and transfer back?

Because we would charge non-sale pricing for such when we see it occur. And yes, we keep a very close watch for such during our sales, as there are always individuals that try and bypass/ignore policy or think they are above the rules. The policy is in place for multiple reasons, as explained in my prior post.

PS - We would also consider a setup fee for existing clientele, to help subsidize the cost of the new server hardware, should clientele want to upgrade existing service. That would be a fair resolution for both parties.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

I think a setup or "upgrade fee" would be a fair deal for both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by NakedFisH View Post
    I think a setup or "upgrade fee" would be a fair deal for both parties.
    I agree.

@BurstNET: I totally understand where you are coming from on the new vs. old clients and sale-prices but don't you think this will aggravate the old customers when better deals arise? I would feel like the new guys are getting deals while me, the one who is sticking with you is still paying a premium, I think a fair resolution is having an upgrade fee and letting them pay the monthly advertised sale-fee.

Nice deals BTW!

well, you should consider to let existing client that has used current server for a full year to upgrade to sale pricing. 12 months is fair enough to balance your cost

thanks
    Peter Orga-Sales -sales@sexywing.com
    SexyWing - flying adult hosting service
    Profitable adult hosting provider Since 2006
    http://www.sexywing.com

I'm looking forward to working something out with Burstnet.. The sales team was supposed to call me today; but I haven't heard from them yet. I'm all for hammering out a deal that will work well for our budget.

I can understand where they come from; but agreed there needs to be some sort of way to allow current customers to upgrade to something better. Possibly limit the upgrade to once every 2 years, similar to what cell phone companies do with the phones; or double the setup fee or something. I'm more apt to stay with a hosting company provided they let me move to what suites our needs; despite the time involved of picking up sites and moving them to another provider we may be forced to do so.

Now I could be a real stickler and say that the dual xeons that I have now are $20 a month less now, but i'm not. I'll agree to pay what I sign on the dotted line for.

-t

reseller discount applied on

Core2Quad Q9300 QUAD CORE 2.5GHZ 1333FSB 8GB 1TB SATA 5 FREE $99.95

?

<< reseller discount applied on
    Core2Quad Q9300 QUAD CORE 2.5GHZ 1333FSB 8GB 1TB SATA 5 FREE $99.95 >>

Yes, our resellers can offer these servers.

We are being very stringent on them though, and watching closely for abuse of the program.
    The servers must be resold in full to a 3rd party, not used yourself.
    Selling virtual hosting and/or VPS from a server is NOT reselling, and is NOT eligible for resale discount.

Details: http://www.burst.net/resale.shtml

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    << I would but they say if I do that, they'd then up the price on this new server.. because its for "new customers only".. how do current customers upgrade then? >>

Current customers can upgrade to any of the non-sale offerings.

The Sale Offers are priced based on attracting new clients/business (technically at this pricing it can be considered a "loss-leader"...selling near or below cost to build client base quickly), not replacing old---which grows the company revenue, thus helping the entire client-base as a whole with network upgrades and new services. If we just permitted existing clients to order/upgrade to the Sale Offers, we would find ourselves in a position where we would have to purchase/supply thousands of new servers, obtain no new revenue out of it (possibly even loose revenue due to the sale offer new pricing), and that would very quickly put us out of business. That is not healthy for us, nor for the client base as a whole. The pricing for Sale Offers is based on new clients/servers only, and if we did allow replacement of existing service the Sale Offer pricing would not be so low---possibly 25%-50% higher. You cannot have best of both worlds.

This is a common complaint/issue all across the dedicated hosting industry, and it has been discussed over and over again on WHT. It's just how the industry works, and how it needs to work in order for the budget portion of the industry to continue to operate in a healthy manner. Can you imagine if clients were permitted to upgrade every month that a new server deal came out, things would get out of hand, and that company would be out of business real fast.

Moral of the story, we may permit an upgrade, but NOT at the sale pricing. Alternatively, we have non-sale servers that you can always upgrade to, that are still very reasonable priced.
    Not entirely true, I have been with LSN and they let me upgrade my 2 old servers to new ones (cheaper with better hardware and more bandwidth promotion) and let me move my data over as well, so even though I HAVE seen where promotional deals are for new customers only..it is not the norm in this industry but rather a personal choice in the company.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy82 View Post
    Not entirely true, I have been with LSN and they let me upgrade my 2 old servers to new ones (cheaper with better hardware and more bandwidth promotion) and let me move my data over as well, so even though I HAVE seen where promotional deals are for new customers only..it is not the norm in this industry but rather a personal choice in the company.

It is absolutely a normal occurrence/policy in this industry, at the very least on the budget dedicated server portion specifically. Yes, there will be plenty of companies that allow anyone to upgrade at any time, others that do not, others limit it to once every 1-2 years, and still yet others that deal with every request on a case by case basis (yes, it is the company's choice to decide their own policy). But it is definitely very "normal" and common/prevalent for this policy in regards to the budget server market. Non-budget server market would be another story though, as they can recoup their costs of server hardware in 1-2 months, and no big deal if they replace a server for a client, the loss is minimal in such a scenario. We however charge rock-bottom prices for our service, and the huge profit margin to replace a server on a whim is just not feasible.

Did you installing vmware ESXI?
    your server have dedicated KERNEL !? because some datacenter use internal kernel and customer cant install vmware...
    any body order server from BurstNet??

since you now offer 4000G on 100mb port

1. could we expect that we could pull over 10mb ?
    2. 4000G = 2000G in + 2000G out?

duplicate post
    Last edited by HostJedi; 08-08-2009 at 12:58 PM. Reason: duplicate post

<< Did you installing vmware ESXI? >>

This should not be a problem if you supply the ISO or download links + install instructions...however, we would not be able to provide support for it, as our techs are not trained with it.

<< your server have dedicated KERNEL !? because some datacenter use internal kernel and customer cant install vmware... >>

Yes, but you can request a default/plain kernel if so desired...

<< any body order server from BurstNet?? >>

Yes, thousands have...
    We have 3000+ servers in productions in our facility...

Quote Originally Posted by Peter-SexyWing View Post
    since you now offer 4000G on 100mb port

1. could we expect that we could pull over 10mb ?
    2. 4000G = 2000G in + 2000G out?

Yes, and yes (you should be able to burst much higher than 10Mbps on the Standard-type ports...

Constant sustained 10Mbps will put you over the 4000Gb allocation over the course of a full month, but bursting/peaks should be fine of course...

Ive had some issues with a support request (24 hours). I am PM'ing you the details. Hopefully we can work and get this sorted. I was happy with ordering support and you guys were quick to deploy (within 24 hours).

Best Regards,

I grabbed 2 of the highest Quad Core servers and all i can say is great!

under 24 hours deployment, everything as i ordered no hassle great pre-sales help as well

yes, we have been using burst.net for 8 months, network INDEEED impreoved alot

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy82 View Post
    LSN charges more for the same hardware though. At LSN they charge a little bit more for their servers, so it takes 4-6 months to have the hardware paid off for. BurstNET charges a lot less and gives you more, it 'may' take longer for the hardware to get paid off since they charge a lot less. Since LSN is already charging you a premium price, then of course they can upgrade you for free to a newer promotion/server.

It's a bit unfair on BurstNET to expect the same LSN upgrade business model when BurstNET charges a lot less than any other company in the dedicated server industry.

If you are willing to pay $189.99/mo (LSN Price) for a Q9550 server at BurstNET instead of $119.95/mo, then I bet in 4-6 months they'll be more than happy to upgrade you to the next promotional server at another premium rate. But wait, didn't they already say they'll do this? They'll give you the newer promotional servers for a small (but less than LSN) monthly fee on top of the server price.

Not singling you out, but to anyone who wants to upgrade and doesn't quite understand the reasoning behind it.

--------

Besides that, BurstNET is a great company and their network performs like any other datacenter, if not better. If you are considering switching from another DC to get these promotional servers, then do it.

When we have something important that needs to be hosted, we host it at their datacenter since we know their techs will do all that they can to ensure your server is online, which is especially important during hardware failures. A lot of datacenters these days will just reinstall the OS without trying to give you another option.
    www.opticip.com - Optic IP LLC

RE:

Order placed last night

PENTIUM-4 1.5GHZ 400FSB, Plesk control panel and upgrade to 1GB ram.

Quote Originally Posted by viny123 View Post
    Order placed last night

PENTIUM-4 1.5GHZ 400FSB, Plesk control panel and upgrade to 1GB ram.
    I also have a question regarding bGuard - your server level DDoS protection service. After the server is setup, and we feel like we're in need of bGuard, would we be able to purchase it and add it to our server?

Quote Originally Posted by viny123 View Post
    I also have a question regarding bGuard - your server level DDoS protection service. After the server is setup, and we feel like we're in need of bGuard, would we be able to purchase it and add it to our server?

bGuarded, our DDOS protection, can be added for server-level protection at any time. It is configured on the switchgear in front of your server for your IP range / port, and nothing required to be changed on the server itself.

There is an error on the order form:

» 4th Hard Drive: 500GB SATA +$150.00 USD
    » 4th Hard Drive: 1TB SATA +$25.00 USD
    Pricing for the 4th hdd (500gb one) doesn't seem right...
    Servers proudly hosted at... WebNX (10) - Netelligent (6)
    Also enjoying services from DreamHost, Hyperspin
    (#) indicates number of servers - 16 total

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    bGuarded, our DDOS protection, can be added for server-level protection at any time. It is configured on the switchgear in front of your server for your IP range / port, and nothing required to be changed on the server itself.
    Thanks for the reply. Now I'm going to wait patiently for the server to get setup

Quote Originally Posted by XF-Chan View Post
    There is an error on the order form:
    Pricing for the 4th hdd (500gb one) doesn't seem right...

This has been corrected...thank you...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast