Thread: Newbie Question

* Newbie Question

Sorry if its in wrong section. I plan to open a site , dont have any html knowledge , so id pay to a guy to build the site for me.
    What host provider to choose and how to start? What would you suggest for a beginner like me ? Should i choose the cheapest hosting ? Which company? Id use the site to expand my knowledge in SEO ,learn to use GoogleAdsense and etc.

Again i apologize for that newbie question.

Ok, Personally I would start your site off small. Go for a small package, Not always the cheapest. Remember what they say (Cheaper is not always better), You also get what you pay for in the Hosting Business.

Can I ask, You did say for SEO purpose - Does this require a Dedicated IP on your behalf?

Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

As your new why not look for a provider who supplies a site builder? that way your start up costs are lower, if what you learn brings you success then you can pay out for a professional design.

You can go for a web-host who has Softculous or Fantastico in their CPanel.
    There you will find lots of forum softwares and they'll be easy to install.
    These include blogs, forums, ecommerce, galleries, etc..

You can choose a web designer and they will handle of web hosting (they will choose a service provider) or to get web hosting account first. You if decide to choose hosting service on your own, I suggest you to spend 30 minutes in WHT Wiki section reading.
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Well if you want a guy to build the website for you then you should be looking for a web developer instead. They should be able to recommend a hosting provider for you instead of looking for one yourself.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Should i choose the cheapest hosting ?
    I think you'll quite likely be fine with an under $10 shared hosting account, from a reputable company (use http://www.webhostingtalk.com/search.php to extablish that). Going blindly for the cheapest package is likely to cause you unneeded trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by TheNewBoy View Post

Again i apologize for that newbie question.
    There is no need to apologize actually. One of the main purpose of this community is to help others. Even if it is a simple newbie question or some serious discussions. I also will advice you to go for a decent budget according to the resources rather than going for a very cheap solution. You may not need too many resources also. So select the package intelligently. WHT research will help you to find your best provider. Best of luck.