Are Blogs really important?

Are blogs considered really important for any website? I have noticed that every famous website has a blog or websites are made in blog format. Do you people really visit blogs on daily basis?

Yes they are!

Blogs can go a really long way in driving traffic to your website. It is a great way to connect to visitors and customers. <<snipped>>
    Last edited by bear; 08-05-2009 at 09:12 AM.

Interesting Steve

Blogs help keep your visitors/customers up-to-date with the latest from your site/company. They are a fast, easy, and effective way to add content to your website, and if you maintain good quality information, visitors will view and absorb your information more regularly.

Obviously the traffic, etc is a bonus but if you ask me, it's more about "connecting" with clients. I always think about how "open" AussieBob was when running his company. I think many of us enjoy that aspect to a company. When you can read about daily business updates and the odd personal information about the owner of your hosting company, it doesn't feel so cut and dry hosting.

What I really like about sites that integrate a blog is the personal aspect of it.. I want to learn a little bit about who is behind the show. I want to feel connected with the company in some way - and, after all business is about people. It only makes sense.

Of course, good content, that updates periodically is important too.. but it's all about the people.
    Blesta - Professional Billing Software
    Innovation that benefits the user experience
    Trial - Demo | 866.478.7567 | Twitter @blesta

Quote Originally Posted by RackCorp View Post
    Blogs help keep your visitors/customers up-to-date with the latest from your site/company. They are a fast, easy, and effective way to add content to your website, and if you maintain good quality information, visitors will view and absorb your information more regularly.
    So visitors point of view! Blogs are must!

Quote Originally Posted by Mekhu View Post
    Obviously the traffic, etc is a bonus but if you ask me, it's more about "connecting" with clients. I always think about how "open" AussieBob was when running his company. I think many of us enjoy that aspect to a company. When you can read about daily business updates and the odd personal information about the owner of your hosting company, it doesn't feel so cut and dry hosting.
    Quote Originally Posted by pphillips View Post
    What I really like about sites that integrate a blog is the personal aspect of it.. I want to learn a little bit about who is behind the show. I want to feel connected with the company in some way - and, after all business is about people. It only makes sense.

Of course, good content, that updates periodically is important too.. but it's all about the people.
    Thanks for the input=)

Blogs are very important for driving visitors to a website and a convenient way of sharing feedback and interacting with readers. They also increase chances of your site getting crawled by search engines because once they see fresh content, they index your site quickly.

ServInt hired me to, among other things, manage our blog. The primary focus of a corporate blog in my view is to allow the company to actually have stated opinions and to open itself up to accountability as well.

Robert Scoble of Rackspace (formerly Microsoft), pioneered the idea of creating an avenue for conversation that would enable frank and honest discussion of the industry and even praise for the competition. That's what I'm implementing on our end and we've seen some great relationships built with our customers as well as competitors. We have great friends at Rackspace and XNet just to name two.

Those are my $0.02, I think that if done for the right reasons they can be an incredible boon to an organization.
    Eric Morales
    Business Communications Manager
    ServInt | Like us on Facebook!
    Managed Hosting Made Better