* WinCP, CPanel, Plesk

I'd like to ask people with their own dedicated server(s):

Whats ur favourite control panel? And why?
    And what do you think about WinCP, CPanel and Plesk? Which of them are for newbies and which are for experts?

Many thanks

McR

PLESK 5

Hello!

I have 2 servers, both with Plesk 5. Plesk is the best CP either for experts or for newbies. It has a lot of features.

I can help you with Plesk 5 Licensed version and installation if you want.

Arthur
    art@bit.by

Any information about Cpanel and WinCP?
    RackEdge - Cutting Edge Internet Services!
    -->Specialized in High End Managed Servers & Bandwidth in the Netherlands (EU)

Contact us today for a customized quote @ sales(@)rackedge.com!

Do a search, this topic has been covered many times before.
    dBforums.com - Database design, development and administration.

I'd vote for Plesk 5 as well. All of my servers are Plesk based and everyone loves it

I'll try Cpanel again soon. I tried it long time ago and it's buggy so I guess it must have improved a lot by now.

For UNIX cpanel is the best, our clients love it!

for Windows 2000 we use Command Matrix (http://etrinix.com) its reduced our cost for windows 2000 servers by 250% since it has its own mail server..
    Arsalan
    Nexus - http://nexus.pk/
    ** Smart Solutions for Smart People! **

250% of your expense was on a mail server? What mail server were you using?

Mailenable is free and there is more information around about it. It's also supported by a greater range of control panels. You could have saved the 250% without changing.

CPanel is very popular: it's easy to use and has a lot of features.

We also use Ensim, it rarely has any bugs, it's secure although not as user friendly as other control panels.

Adam_S, Imails Unlimited version costs $1995, i think you dident know that...

H-Sphere costs $4/client/yr and almost double the cost at the server end since it needs atleast 2 servers for setup, This must be something you also dident know...

not every one is sitting on a bundle of money like you must be, if I say that the CM cut our costs by 250% its because it did, its about the best solution available then and there, not a solution which is 100% better then the one we are currently using but is not yet released.
    Arsalan

Arsalan, is Command Matrix really that good and stable for Win2000 hosting? How does it compared to Hosting Controller?

Command Matrix pricing seems very reasonable and affordable. The bundled mailserver is also nice.

CM is good in this regard that till date the only major problem we had was a time out problem with their mail server which was fixed in about 48 hours from the time it was discovered.

Other wise, its been gr8. They need to add a better design interface to it to make it a bit more attractive but for windows 2000 hosting even though its new, it better then hosting controller. It has MUCH MUCH less bugs and their support (which is quite reasonable) usually always fixes problems in a timely manner.
    Arsalan

Thanks for the info. I'm considering CM seriously for my next Win2000 server.

Originally posted by twrs
    Thanks for the info. I'm considering CM seriously for my next Win2000 server.
    So, are you using it and r u happy with it?

In my opinion, CPanel then Plesk. Cpanel looks very good and has quite a few featues such as subdomain addition which is not supported in Plesk. However, Plesk is very easy to use.

Originally posted by eHostSpace
    In my opinion, CPanel then Plesk. Cpanel looks very good and has quite a few featues such as subdomain addition which is not supported in Plesk. However, Plesk is very easy to use.
    Yeah but we are talking about Win panels
    Cpanel does not exist for Windows yet...

I was referring to:

I'd like to ask people with their own dedicated server(s):

Whats ur favourite control panel? And why?
    And what do you think about WinCP, CPanel and Plesk? Which of them are for newbies and which are for experts?

Many thanks

McR