Small Account, Dedicated IP?

I need a dedicated IP address, but don't want to have to pay for a very large account when I don't need it. Is it possible to get a true, dedicated IP, and stay on a shared hosting account (or one that has comparable cost)?

Quote Originally Posted by lanesharon View Post
    I need a dedicated IP address, but don't want to have to pay for a very large account when I don't need it. Is it possible to get a true, dedicated IP, and stay on a shared hosting account (or one that has comparable cost)?
    Dedicated IPs are $2-$3/month, depends on the provider.
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

Yes that is very possible, most providers as you wish you can order the smallest and cheapest package that will suit your needs, and then the provider would also or should also be able to offer you an addon of a dedicated ip, for a price such as around 1-3 $, just chat with sales or whatnot before choosing a provider and make sure this is availible, best of luck!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

You can get a dedicated IP with any shared account - it doesn't matter how big or small the account is. The other poster is right that the average price from a shared hosting provider is $2 to $3 per month for the IP alone.

You may be able to talk your provider into giving you a free or reduced cost IP if you sign up for more than a monthly plan.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Yes i agree with Mike there, chatting to sales up front would be my ideal suggestion, and if prepaying for a couple months most can give a deal on the ip etc.

Sorry as this is a bit off-topic. Are you going to run your website, that just got DDOS'd, on a shared hosting plan? :O
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

Most shared providers would offer at least 1 dedicated IP as an addon option so you shouldn't have any issues with finding one.

Also, you may be asked by the host to justify the use of the IP. ARIN and the other IP organizations are tasked with making sure that the IPs are used responsibly. If the IP is for SSL or nameserver purposes, you shouldn't run into an issue. But, if it's for SEO purposes, you may run into trouble.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

Does the dedicated IP then become useful for that hosting company account alone? I have read an article that said if you get the IP through the hosting company, then you cannot move it with you, if you have to move at any time in the future.

Yes that ip would belong to the provider allocating it and or the dedicated server etc, it would stay within the current provider~

Does the dedicated IP then become useful for that hosting company account alone? I have read an article that said if you get the IP through the hosting company, then you cannot move it with you, if you have to move at any time in the future.
    That's correct. If you order an IP from Hosting Company A, you won't be able to carry it with you to Hosting Company B.
    Bobby - PreciselyManaged.com - Precision Hosting Solutions
    █ Enterprise Shared, Reseller, VPS, Hybrid, and Dedicated Hosting
    █ SpamExperts | CloudLinux | cPanel | Bacula + R1soft | and more!
    █ Full proactively managed, and we specialize in hosting small web hosts

Most hosting providers usually charge $1-$5 per month for a dedicated IP address. I think it wouldn't difficult for you to find a shared hosting provider.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles

There isn't really any need to move IPs between providers or to keep the exact same IP.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/