Sourcing for a reliable webhost for a wordpress e-shop

Hi,

I'm pretty new to the webhost industry, and is looking for a reliable web host for a wordpress e-shop via shopp plugin.

Main requirement:

30Gb webspace
    100Gb bandwidth
    10 Mysql/PHP
    10 Email addresses
    5 domains
    5 subdomains

99.99% uptime at least,
    30days money back guarantee
    Budget below USD3.50

Livechat support 24/7
    Email support tickets within 1 day response
    Phone support

I'm too confused by all the webhost reviews online.... haha
    Last edited by TheGeekz; 08-04-2009 at 01:39 AM.

It's going to be tough for you to find a host that will provide that amount of disk space (that you can use to it's full extent) within your current budget.

I am afraid that if you are going to require 100GB of Bandwidth and 30GB Space, You are going to have to increase your budget to a bit more than $3.50 a month

All the rest seem fair for a Shared Hosting provider, You could always hit the overseller path but then again, Personally I would not recommend it if you are going to host a large site or a site that is going to require fair usage.

Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Hmm so what would be a reasonable webspace and bandwidth for an e-commerce setup then?

Given I'm using wordpress and its plugin ... not full fledge ones like Magento...

Personally if you are going to be starting a e-commerce site then I do not think you will require 30GB Space to being with. I would start off small and expand as you need to, There is no point in paying for Unlimited as you are not guranteed to be able to use it's allocation due to certain limits.

Magento does not require that much Space to start off with. What are you planning to sell with this e-commerce site?

Sean

I suppose you need to place that in the "FIND A HOST" and soon you will start getting direct offers from the subscribed providers

and soon you will start getting direct offers from the subscribed providers
    You would not be one of them would you?
    - Yes, You are not allowed to Private Message Spam Offers this is against rules here at WHT and all should be reported if any.

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    I suppose you need to place that in the "FIND A HOST" and soon you will start getting direct offers from the subscribed providers
    Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    You would not be one of them would you?
    - Yes, You are not allowed to Private Message Spam Offers this is against rules here at WHT and all should be reported if any.

Sean
    SiberForum was referring to direct contact from hosts using the "Find a Host" feature... Which isn't against the WHT rules since it doesn't directly take place here on the forums.

As for the OP, your requirements are far too large for your budget as others have said. Really a WordPress site even with an ecommerce addon shouldn't require very much space or bandwidth at least initially.

As for support, I would go with more of a 1 hour ticket response time and skip the live chat requirement. Live Chat 99.9% of the time is used for sales and only sales and only the most basic of basic support would be provided via live chat (aka, they will Google the issue for you).
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

Personally if you are going to be starting a e-commerce site then I do not think you will require 30GB Space to being with. I would start off small and expand as you need to, There is no point in paying for Unlimited as you are not guranteed to be able to use it's allocation due to certain limits.

Magento does not require that much Space to start off with. What are you planning to sell with this e-commerce site?

Sean
    for a start i do not intend to use magento.. but will use wordpress with shopp plugin for a e-shop.

The shop would mainly sell usb drives n other gadgets...with ready stocks n pre-orders of premium items

for a start i do not intend to use magento.. but will use wordpress with shopp plugin for a e=shop.
    Sorry, Yes I am getting quite carried away. Online games and forums get to my head.. *Dizzy*.

If you are planning on this, Then I would start off small because I do not see you requiring 30GB initially. My thoughts are this though, What gives you belief that you will require 30GB?

Sean

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    SiberForum was referring to direct contact from hosts using the "Find a Host" feature... Which isn't against the WHT rules since it doesn't directly take place here on the forums.

As for the OP, your requirements are far too large for your budget as others have said. Really a WordPress site even with an ecommerce addon shouldn't require very much space or bandwidth at least initially.

As for support, I would go with more of a 1 hour ticket response time and skip the live chat requirement. Live Chat 99.9% of the time is used for sales and only sales and only the most basic of basic support would be provided via live chat (aka, they will Google the issue for you).

Thanks.. so any recommendations? within my budget?

By the way, I'm based in Singapore. Customers would likely be from Singapore 1st.

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekz View Post
    Thanks.. so any recommendations? within my budget?

By the way, I'm based in Singapore. Customers would likely be from Singapore 1st.
    I know there are some Singapore based providers but I cannot think of any off the top of my head. You may want to run a search on the offers section for Singapore and see what comes up.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting LLC
    New shared plans for 2016! Check them out!
    Highly Available Shared, Premium, Reseller, and VPS
    http://www.mddhosting.com/

I'm sorry to say that you will not find a decent provider with that budget, that will offer what you are asking. You will have to sacrifice something, uptime, support or space/bandwidth.
    If you want all the three of them, then consider paying some more. Also, you may want to go to a US provider since it's not slow from Singapore.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I know there are some Singapore based providers but I cannot think of any off the top of my head. You may want to run a search on the offers section for Singapore and see what comes up.
    Yes, you definitely need to do a lot of searching first. Try to find out more about more offers in Singapore and perhaps those based in Johor too.

You can give it a try with Hostgator. They even had wordpress preinstallation kit as far as I can remember.
    Of course let's hope 30GB for disk space that you require is not more than the "unlimited" disk space they offer.

<<snipped>>

To the OP, you don't really need 30 GB, specially for wordpress site unless you are going to host tons of multimedia contents. Also, if you're serious about your business, you must raise your budget, $3.95 is really low.
    Last edited by bear; 08-04-2009 at 01:02 PM.
    Shared Web Hosting - Reseller Hosting - Semi-Dedicated Servers - SolusVM/XEN VPS
    LiteSpeed Powered - R1Soft Continuous Data Protection - 24/7 Chat/Email/Helpdesk Support
    Cpanel/WHM - Softaculous - R1soft Backup - Litespeed - Cloudlinux -Site Builder- SSH support - Account Migration
    DowntownHost LLC - In Business since 2001- West/Center/East USA - Netherlands - Singapore

Hi Jedito,

Could you kindly give me an idea what amount of budget would that be?

Would $5 be enough? I'm still trying to keep the budget low, due to small initial startup, might increase further once I have the moolah.

Sorry, Yes I am getting quite carried away. Online games and forums get to my head.. *Dizzy*.

If you are planning on this, Then I would start off small because I do not see you requiring 30GB initially. My thoughts are this though, What gives you belief that you will require 30GB?

Sean
    Haha, just a figure off my head!

But I guess I don't really need that much...

So any suggestions on which host I should go for, if say my budget is between $4 to $6?

Quote Originally Posted by TheGeekz View Post
    Hi Jedito,

Could you kindly give me an idea what amount of budget would that be?

Would $5 be enough? I'm still trying to keep the budget low, due to small initial startup, might increase further once I have the moolah.
    you wont need to use half these resources at all. if you can raise your budget you could go with mddhosting. remember when you buy a dedicated ip and a ssl it could cost you way more then 5 dollars a month. I cant really suggest any singapore host I know none myself.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.