Professional Domain Name for Sale

I'm considering selling the domain name of

bestwebsource.com

This is a great professional-sounding domain name that has unlimited possibilities with marketing any type of product or service. That was the main reason that I choose the name because it is so generic.

It is also...
    1) Only 3 syllables
    2) Easy to remember
    3) Easy to spell
    4) Is a .com (not .net, .us, .biz, etc.)

I get lots of hits per day on it, and I've not even advertised it. It is offline at the moment and not being used. I started building a hosting site to use it with; but if the price is right, I will sell the domain name.

All serious offers over $1000, please post your contact info and your bid here.
    Last edited by chrisb; 11-11-2002 at 04:37 AM.

why does everyone apply "professional" to everything they sell? professional templates, professional hosting, ..now professional domain?..
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

Aplus, please do not post unless you are interested and want to make an offer.

I said professional because it is a business-like, professional name ...unlike something similar to kewl.net or myundies.org.

For what it's worth, hoststation is professional too, IMO. I almost registered the .com version when it was available.

Thank you...

my apologies!
    Banner Design - Professional Designs - 24hr Turn-Around Guaranteed - 20DollarBanners.com

Online Photo Editor
    Retouch or Add effects to your photos with 1 click

Re: Professional Domain Name for Sale

Originally posted by chrisb

I get lots of hits per day on it, and I've not even advertised it. It is offline at the moment and not being used. I started building a hosting site to use it with; but if the price is right, I will sell the domain name.
    Define "lots" and do you have publicly viewable stats?

It was a few thousand a day. I don't remember exactly and did not save any stats when I had it online.

Sorry to but in Chris , but please people that are using professional and then selling a template for $20 is highly from professional.
    Clustered Hosting With Continuous Data Protection (CDP)
    http://www.solidinternet.com
    8 Years of hosting excellence!

whap webalizer up on the domains index page and get some stats for a week.. then try again
    Matt Wallis
    United Communications Limited
    High Performance Shared & Reseller | Managed VPS Cloud | Managed Dedicated
    UK www.unitedhosting.co.uk | US www.unitedhosting.com | Since 1998.

chrisb, I'd PM you if you had that enabled (or emailed) but since you have disabled these...why don't you list the domain for free at the URL in my sig?

Originally posted by Myacen
    Sorry to but in Chris , but please people that are using professional and then selling a template for $20 is highly from professional.
    Are you just trolling? I don't sell templates. That has nothing to do with my use of the word professional, and nothing to do with this thread.
    Last edited by chrisb; 11-11-2002 at 03:16 PM.

Originally posted by UH-Matt
    whap webalizer up on the domains index page and get some stats for a week.. then try again
    What does whap mean? I don't understand what you mean? However, I really don't know if that's necessary. Shouldn't people be able to look at the name and decide whether it's worth it to them?

As memory serves me, I believe it was a little over 2,000 hits a day, and that is why my bandwidth even with mod_gzip enabled was higher than I thought it should be.

Originally posted by timechange
    chrisb, I'd PM you if you had that enabled (or emailed) but since you have disabled these...why don't you list the domain for free at the URL in my sig?
    You are correct. I realize now that some people may not wish to post their contact info and offer publicly. I have turned on my PM for those that wish to make offers privately.

BTW, I may have some other good domains available posted later today, so check back on this thread.
    Last edited by chrisb; 11-11-2002 at 03:27 PM.

Offers over $1000 for a 13 letter domain? Your kidding right?
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

I think the point is that this is a sale and not an evaluation, therefore my recommendation is that if one is not interested they should refrain from making negative comments. At least that's what I request at my domain sales.

Originally posted by interactive
    Offers over $1000 for a 13 letter domain? Your kidding right?
    13 letters is pretty good considering domain names now have up to 64 letters. Remember, domain names are like land, they's only so many .com's available.

Also, you can't go by the number of letters, regardless of what some so-called domain appraisers say. Many longer domain names are much better than shorter ones and will drive more traffic to your site. For example, webhostingtalk.com is 14 letters, and a great domain name, and valuable in my opinion.

Why are some of these longer domains better? Because they are easier to remember than some of the short ones, such as ibefc.com or f9x.com

Anyhow, again, just like land, you will see domain names get scarcer, longer and higher in price in years to come. Most people still prefer the .com ones, IMO.

WebHostingTalk is a good domain true, but its an addicting site, so you do keep coming back and back and back. If WHT haden't been around so long the domain probly wouldn't be worth much at all.
    -Robert Norton
    www.SophMedia.com

Oh well, I just wanted to see if I got any offers here first. If not, I'll try some other places and ebay.

13 letter domain

>interactive: Offers over $1000 for a 13 letter domain? Your kidding right?

FYI: I've sold a 12-letter domain for US$2,500.
    Co-Founder @HostHideout. Profoundly influenced by #Bauhaus, @Nameslave unrepentantly embraces #Minimalism with a bias for functionality, color theory and pixel precision: a #multimedia messenger in the McLuhan sense. His totally irrelevant M.Ed. dissertation examines Organizational Culture and Change Management. He also likes Patrik Ervell, Wong Kar-wai and IKEA.