* QuillHost, great deal if you never plan on talking to anybody.

So I've been using QuillHost off and on for various project sites and their servers and network are fantastic. Honestly it's the best $8 I've ever spent on hosting. But the trouble comes when you need to actually speak with somebody or get the staff involved with something.

The project I was using them for was concluded and I no longer needed their server so I attempted to cancel my order even though I paid for the month of August. Well I found out that I had double paid for the month of August so I submitted a ticket last week requesting a refund for one of the payments. I have not received any word from them since asking about my refund or about cancelling my service.

So with that in mind, I would suggest only using this host if you plan on staying with them for a long time and pretend that you are being dropped off on an island with your VPS far far away from human contact.
    -Joe @ Secure Dragon LLC.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

Quite a coincidence, I too have double-paid. In my case I got confused by the way they invoice. First I got the email that an invoice was due and let it go thinking I was signed up for a subscription. A few days later I got another email reminding me that I needed to pay, so I figured I was wrong about the subscription and went to PayPal to explicitly pay it. Next day the subscription kicked in, thus I double paid.

My ticket went unanswered for over a week. I then updated the ticket to ask if I should submit a dispute to PayPal to which I got a reply saying that it would be set by the morning of 7/29. It is not all-set as of yet, so I guess that I need to go the dispute route.

Initially I was very impressed. I signed up with them about 6 weeks ago for the 1G plan after ignoring what probably should have been clear warning signs (sales inquiries took a long time to get a response). The server is instant-setup and in fact by the time I had hit the "pay" button I already had emails detailing the new server. The server is quick, stable, and has excellent connectivity, so no complaints there. But the very, very slow ticket response (we are talking days) is ugly and the closing down of various customers with only 7 days notice made a bad impression. I was not one of those shut down but I am a customer and I don't want to be treated that way.

In the end I'm probably going to move.

I'm a Quillhost client too.

I had some problems in first days but after they were solved i didn't have any reasons to contact them so, everything went flawless until they decided to close some servers (the 7 day notice).

Well, after 5 days now, my ticket was closed and never answered

Pity ... because the server and connectivity were soo good.
    X2 // activeStyle
    ... be active!
    http://x2.activestyle.ca/

wow thats so sad they closed your ticket and did not answer
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

I guess they didn't.
    Was automatically closed after 72h.
    X2 // activeStyle
    ... be active!
    http://x2.activestyle.ca/

If you have any issues from now on, please do let me know directly. No ticket will be left unanswered, or unresolved. You'll notice the difference.

My ticket is still opened and unanswered since the 30th. I opened a payment dispute with Paypal in hopes that you would answer their e-mails at least.
    + OpenVZ Powered by Wyvern | KVM | cPanel Hosting | Backup VPSs | LowEndBoxes | DDOS Protection
    + Florida | Colorado | Illinois | California | Oregon | Georgia | New Jersey | Arizona | Texas

I received a refund but I'm still getting invoices for my cancelled service.

Just to follow-up, I also received a refund.

My cancellation tickets are being auto-closed. I hope they honestly don't expect me to pay these invoices.

Quillhost is the 3rd VPS provider I use for a number of my sites and out of my own personal experience, their service is the worst I have ever experienced on the shared hosting and VPS side.

My VPS container also seems to be completely down or experiencing some unforeseen and unexplainable errors at least once a week. Used to not be like that up until the last 2-3 months. Getting alot of issues now with their VPS and the worst part about it is, I produce a great income with some of the websites that reside on the VPS, so when a site is down for a day or two, I lose substantial traffic/money that keeps my business alive.

I would almost accept the VPS downtimes once a week if I could ever get anyone to answer my support tickets. It's like a Ghost Town over there and it just makes me feel as a customer that no one cares about client service over there.

I unfortunately have to prepare to move all my sites to a new VPS here shortly due to the fact that I am currently experiencing yet another outage with no support with no contact in over 24 hours. Just plain horrible.