Results 1 to 32 of 32
  1. #1

    Unhappy Do leaseweb chat work? do they have chargeback policy?

    Hello,

    a 12-13 hours ago, my little bro bought from them a small package of linux hosting and he thought the payment is per month(as in the front windows of the site is told) and not per 12 months. (35.88 euro)

    so 5 minutes after he bought it, i sent `em email for charge back(at least 11 months) for now i didn`t received any answer and their livechat else offline(the whole 12-13 hours).

    do their live chat work? do they have charge back policy?

    i must to mention that i didn`t entered the account even 1 time.
    Last edited by Kirill120; 08-03-2009 at 06:49 AM.

  2. #2
    If they don't respond - call the CC processing company (gateway) that they are using. If still no good - call your bank a file a chargeback. You will get your money back for sure.
    Thanks for the feedback on that host.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    338
    I think you might want to check out their legal document here: http://www.leaseweb.com/article/legal
    Su-Jie Wang
    UI & UX Designer
    Portfolio: SUJ.CO

  4. #4
    legal section;

    didn`t found anything about chargeback or refund.

    BTW the payment was via paypal

  5. #5
    so do they have chargeback policy? or something?

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    You are saying for 11 months now you have not received an e-mail correct?

    Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  7. #7
    Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    You are saying for 11 months now you have not received an e-mail correct?

    Sean
    no lol, i mean i sent email 5 minutes after i bought (yesterday) and still no answer.

    11 months = that if they can give the refund at least for the 11 month and not the whole 12.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    Oh right. Well they have a legal PDF - http://www.leaseweb.com/article/legal
    I did not see anything too explained about refunds, If you cannot get informaion back via leaseweb, Try calling them firstly...
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Oh right. Well they have a legal PDF - http://www.leaseweb.com/article/legal
    I did not see anything too explained about refunds, If you cannot get informaion back via leaseweb, Try calling them firstly...
    i sent email twice and i`m waiting.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    i sent email twice and i`m waiting.
    Does this e-mail turn into a ticket?
    How long was it before you sent this support ticket?

    Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  11. #11

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Well Sales and Billing departments are normally not available 24x7 especially on weekends so you may need to wait some time for their response. Personally I think that it is not right to initiate a chargeback as you should have read the information correctly before paying.

    What I suggest you to do is to check with them whether they provide any money back guarantee and if so, utilize it to obtain refunds instead of a chargeback, which is plain wrong in my opinion.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

    Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    London
    Posts
    549
    Try PM'ing the member LeaseWeb on here.
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom

  14. #14
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Well Sales and Billing departments are normally not available 24x7 especially on weekends so you may need to wait some time for their response. Personally I think that it is not right to initiate a chargeback as you should have read the information correctly before paying.

    What I suggest you to do is to check with them whether they provide any money back guarantee and if so, utilize it to obtain refunds instead of a chargeback, which is plain wrong in my opinion.
    I think they should write in the front site that the payment is for 12 months.
    + my bro 12 years old brother paid the money.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    23
    Well, the Flash animation on leaseweb's site does say the price is "Per month" and all through the ordering system it shows the price per month: I can't see any deceptive practices there.

    How did your 12 year old brother pay? I thought Paypal had a minimum age of 18...If he used your Paypal account, was it with your permission?

    Giving a company less than 18 hours to respond to a sales/accounting enquiry (which they may need to stop provision of a server - which your brother did agree to purchase - and check the order for potential fraud issues and arrange authorisation for a refund) on a weekend is a bit mean? Give them at least half a business day or pick up the phone...

    Oh - if you do file a credit card/Paypal chargeback, I'm sure Leaseweb /could/ (I'm not saying they will) use the information to launch a fraud enquiry against you/your brother as "changing my mind" isn't a legitimate reason for a chargeback: and as long as they provide the server within 24 hours (as per their site) then they've provided their side of the contract.

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by beebware View Post
    Well, the Flash animation on leaseweb's site does say the price is "Per month" and all through the ordering system it shows the price per month: I can't see any deceptive practices there.

    How did your 12 year old brother pay? I thought Paypal had a minimum age of 18...If he used your Paypal account, was it with your permission?

    Giving a company less than 18 hours to respond to a sales/accounting enquiry (which they may need to stop provision of a server - which your brother did agree to purchase - and check the order for potential fraud issues and arrange authorisation for a refund) on a weekend is a bit mean? Give them at least half a business day or pick up the phone...

    Oh - if you do file a credit card/Paypal chargeback, I'm sure Leaseweb /could/ (I'm not saying they will) use the information to launch a fraud enquiry against you/your brother as "changing my mind" isn't a legitimate reason for a chargeback: and as long as they provide the server within 24 hours (as per their site) then they've provided their side of the contract.
    Today is a business day, no?

    anyway of course it was with my permission and he used my pp. he just wanted to open little site for him self.

  17. #17
    i`m just really in panic right now.

    i`m in the army now and i earn 39-40euro(320ILS/NIS) per month.(paypal connected with my visa so it took the money straight of the visa).


    BTW their office work up to 5PM so 1 business day is over.

    BTW2 now i`m tried to login to the server(secure.leaseweb.com) to open a support ticket and i can`t(You are not allowed to login.
    Please contact LeaseWeb.) is it mean the cancel my account and give refund(is it good?).

    i sent another email to support(before this i sent and email to sales).

    Quote Originally Posted by beebware View Post
    Well, the Flash animation on leaseweb's site does say the price is "Per month" and all through the ordering system it shows the price per month: I can't see any deceptive practices there.
    What do you mean? i know the price is per month and not 12 as i saw after payment. he wanted to pay only for 1 30days month. no the whole year.
    Last edited by Kirill120; 08-03-2009 at 12:24 PM.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Posts
    634
    For the smallest linux package they only allow 12 months as a payment option, but if they're nice they may refund you for all of it but your brother should've read the page -- it clearly states 12 months
    Last edited by cedricd; 08-03-2009 at 05:00 PM.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by cedricd View Post
    For the smallest linux package they only allow 12 months as a payment option, but if they're nice they may refund you for all of it but your brother should've read the page -- it clearly states 12 months
    he didn`t read that it`s a 12 months, even in the payment process it`s mention the xeuro per month and in small letters "12 months"

  20. #20
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    500
    The billing cycle is per year. Since you are paying per year, they reduce the monthly cost for that yearly. However, from what I saw in the ordering cart, it clearly states "Contract term: 12 month(s)"

    You are panicing for no reason, billing department usually work from x time to x time. If you don't get anything today, wait another day.

    You state you don't earn that much, then why did you allow a 12 year old access to your whole account? Why didn't you purchase it for him? Tell him, find a place then let you know so you can setup a account there?

    So, you gave him permission to buy a "tiny site", and it states 12 month term. Seems the fault isn't LeaseWeb but your lack or supervision for a 12 year old access to your whole pay check.

    They also have a phone number, call it, or open a ticket.

  21. #21
    Quote Originally Posted by PeachyDandy View Post
    The billing cycle is per year. Since you are paying per year, they reduce the monthly cost for that yearly. However, from what I saw in the ordering cart, it clearly states "Contract term: 12 month(s)"

    You are panicing for no reason, billing department usually work from x time to x time. If you don't get anything today, wait another day.

    You state you don't earn that much, then why did you allow a 12 year old access to your whole account? Why didn't you purchase it for him? Tell him, find a place then let you know so you can setup a account there?

    So, you gave him permission to buy a "tiny site", and it states 12 month term. Seems the fault isn't LeaseWeb but your lack or supervision for a 12 year old access to your whole pay check.

    They also have a phone number, call it, or open a ticket.
    He is my bro, and he thought it`s only a couple of dollars 4-5$.

    btw 2 biz days and still no answer.

  22. #22
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    Krill, The one thing here and the situation aswell is, Why did he even order it when on the invoice it says how much needs to be paid. How could he not see that $xx was the amount due?

    Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  23. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Krill, The one thing here and the situation aswell is, Why did he even order it when on the invoice it says how much needs to be paid. How could he not see that $xx was the amount due?

    Sean
    maybe he just didn`t look at it, he thought until the last moment it`s only 3.8Euro(+vat).

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    23
    Have you checked your anti-spam folders in case the email acknowledgement got filtered out?

    Which email address did you email (from http://www.leaseweb.com/en/contact ?) . Did you use your email address or your brothers? Which email address was the account opened with?

  25. #25
    Quote Originally Posted by beebware View Post
    Have you checked your anti-spam folders in case the email acknowledgement got filtered out?

    Which email address did you email (from http://www.leaseweb.com/en/contact ?) . Did you use your email address or your brothers? Which email address was the account opened with?
    one via live chat, two to support sale and one to support

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    London, UK
    Posts
    23
    Have you checked your anti-spam folders in case the email acknowledgement got filtered out?

    Did you use your email address or your brothers? Which email address was the account opened with?

  27. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by beebware View Post
    Have you checked your anti-spam folders in case the email acknowledgement got filtered out?

    Did you use your email address or your brothers? Which email address was the account opened with?
    I checked everything. anyway i`m on the phone with them right now.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    I checked everything. anyway i`m on the phone with them right now.
    Good luck Kirill, Do let us know how it ends

    Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  29. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Good luck Kirill, Do let us know how it ends

    Sean
    thank you, the admin asked me for the trans id so i sent him by email.

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jul 2009
    Posts
    38
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirill120 View Post
    thank you, the admin asked me for the trans id so i sent him by email.
    That's great. At least you get a response from them. Try to follow up with them from time to time.

  31. #31
    received refund, thank you !

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirill120 View Post
    received refund, thank you !
    Thank you for the update. Great to hear that this issue is resolved now.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

    Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Similar Threads

  1. Do you work in hosting sales via live chat?
    By Dustin Cisneros in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 07-07-2009, 06:54 PM
  2. Willing to work for Live Chat/Support Services
    By skzubair in forum Employment / Job Requests
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2008, 08:02 PM
  3. Willing to work for Live Chat/Support Services-Full Time Job
    By tomtech09 in forum Employment / Job Requests
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-20-2008, 11:51 AM
  4. Hotel problem... can this chargeback work?
    By Frosty in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 03-29-2008, 09:23 AM
  5. How does paypal chargeback work?
    By Fizzadar in forum Ecommerce Hosting & Discussion
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-04-2007, 08:05 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •