Same domain and nameservers, two servers

Hi there.

I've searched google and WHT about this but I couldn't find anything matching my situation. Apologies if I overlooked something.

Here's my situation:

I have two VPS packages.
    Both are running exactly the same stuff - Centos 5.3, cPanel/WHM, etc
    One domain (, already pointing to first server (server1)
    Nameservers (ns1 & are set up in WHM of server1.

I then bought a second VPS (server2). I want to be able to set up subdomains of my main domain ( on the second VPS. I also want my existing nameservers to work for server2.

This way, I can provide subdomain packages to people and utilise both servers, and I can also provide the same nameservers to people regardless of the server they are on.

I went to the clustering section of the WHM's, I enabled, and I can see server1 in the WHM of server2, and the other way around. I selected Sync Changes under DNS Role. However I don't think that's really done anything.

So what am I missing? How can I get this to work? Sorry if I've written it in a confusing manner .

Thanks for any help.

So you want on server 1 and on server 2 right ?

3. #3 is a site hosted on server1. I want to be able to have on both servers. See, I offer sub domain hosting, so I want to be able to use both servers.

Eta Carinae
    just create the account first then set up an a-record for for the subdomain on server1 and point it to where ever the account may be hosted.

Well I'd rather it'd be automatic. I use WHMCS, so it would be a hassle to have to do it manually. Maybe it would be better to have different nameservers for each VPS. Thanks for the help though.

Eta Carinae
    then you'd need an external script that will do that for you because - WHMCS can definitely make the account with the subdomain but it won't be able to create the a-record for your main domain which will render the subdomain account useless.

Alright I'll look into that, thanks!