Windows Server Anti-Virus Suggestions?

I'm running Windows Server 2003 and I use Symantec End Point Protection v11. I'm not satisfied with it nor am I confident it is the best virus protection software.

What do you suggest for the best protection of a Windows 2003 server?

Thank you.

The one you are using

Without question NOD32 AV.

We still use Symantec Corporate but VIPRE from Sunbelt Software has been getting a lot of buzz. Thinking to trying it out since its on sale but haven't got around to it. Here is a link.

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Busin...RE-Enterprise/

After using most of the antivirus on the market, i personally feel Kaspersky is the best out there, light weight and stealth. Symantec products literally slow down the system and consumes a lot of resources
    IPStrada When uptime counts.
    Warren Buffet: Honesty is very expensive gift do not expect it from cheap people.

Quote Originally Posted by WebGuyz View Post
    We still use Symantec Corporate but VIPRE from Sunbelt Software has been getting a lot of buzz. Thinking to trying it out since its on sale but haven't got around to it. Here is a link.

http://www.sunbeltsoftware.com/Busin...RE-Enterprise/
    Hmmm.....looks promising. I've always had good experiences with their products.

Quote Originally Posted by IPStrada LLC View Post
    Symantec products literally slow down the system and consumes a lot of resources
    No they don't. The ones I have installed (SAV v10 on servers) are using only a couple mb ram and no cpu.

I have EndPoint Protection v 11 on workstations using 4mb and no cpu.

Please post your symantec av stats

For antivirus, regardless if its servers or desktops, Kaspersky is the best. Its not the cheapeast but you do get the best possible antivirus.

If Kapersky is the best what did you think when you tested Vipre? I just installed Vipre and am very impressed with the centralized management, but if Kapersky is better I would like to know why. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima VPS View Post
    Without question NOD32 AV.
    The best! I recommend this too.
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by WebGuyz View Post
    If Kapersky is the best what did you think when you tested Vipre? I just installed Vipre and am very impressed with the centralized management, but if Kapersky is better I would like to know why. Thanks!
    I tested Vipre. January or so when its was not as popular. It seems its getting more into the market and the reason I tested it was because it was advertised as low ram and I was looking for a light anvirus for a system at that time. Vipre is really good.

Kaspersky why is it better? I dont know how to start. Lets say it was the only Antivirus I saw that detected some very weard inffected websites that not one antivirus detected. KIS is able to detect very new threats.

NOD32 has problems on my laptop. I would not pass a % on the scanning and just staid there for ever. I asked their support and never go a reply back, thats like 2 years now and im still waiting a reply. It also had problems with several things. I wasnt as light as on resources as everybody says.

Vipre, just did not had enought features back then. Not sure if they have improved their antivirus but you can bet I did like it allot. If I had to choose it for servers, im not 100% sure. KIS has the reputation of years. Vipre is just to new, but that doesnt mean they are bad. I would give them a little more time to adapt to the new things that are coming out.

I use allot of complicated, weard configs, VPN, Virtualization, local LAN, NIC bonding to the OS and outside, Vmware, etc. So some antivirus just dont work with everything.

I speak from personal experience and I have tested allot of security softwares. Of course others will or will not agree. It all depends on what you do. I found out KIS is very well balanced in general. So people find it to messy and prefer more simple softwares but geeks in general like to customize their settings. I did had problems with KIS as well but I could fix them by tweakin it a little bit to work as I wanted.

We think NOD32 is the best!

Quote Originally Posted by IPStrada LLC View Post
    After using most of the antivirus on the market, i personally feel Kaspersky is the best out there, light weight and stealth. Symantec products literally slow down the system and consumes a lot of resources
    We've had Kaspersky for three years and are switching to NOD32.

We've had a few problems with Kaspersky.

1. Can be heavy on system resources and can randomly fill up a disk with nonsense logs.
    2. The central console is rubbish, deployment and updates fail occasionally and the console is quite unintuitive.
    3. It certainly hasn't caught all spyware, a few of my users got infected with a well known spyware tool and was very difficult to remove, it really should have caught that one.

My experiments will NOD32 have been very positive so far, does seem to be a lot more lightweight. I need to test for longer, so can't give too much recommendation yet.

Pricing for Kaspersky and NOD32 is virtually the same. (I use it on a mix of Windows servers and desktops)

I'm using KAS 6.0 Workstation for all my Windows servers.
    And I should not have complained about KAS.
    Use KAS I have many good features such as anti-virus, anti-hacker, anti-DDoS small level.
    This makes me really secure about KAS. Especially the last KAS helped me protec a lot of infection by the Mydoom virus to my server