Netherlands/Malaysia/Offshore Shared Host

Hi,
    I am looking to host my ecommerce business offshore preferably in the Netherlands or somewhere not in the US. I would like a shared host. Does anyone know a reputable company that does this?

Thanks!

What kind of ecomerce do you want to host there and why don't you want host that in the US? In the US you always have more reach choice
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

You can use "FIND A HOST" option here to find web hosting company. I personally know only one Dutch company which is leasweb.
    Good luck with your search

If you want to use the hosting account for something illegal i doubt a host in Netherlands can help. Why i said illegal? because most people want offshore hosting for some illegal activities.

There's no obvious legal advantage to host in Netherlands. If you want to host something that is illegal in US, it most probably is illegal in Holland as well.

And I doubt is the location you need, considering Netherlands vs. Malaysia.

Have a look at Leaseweb. They are a reputable Netherland's web host.

Quote Originally Posted by sheic View Post
    There's no obvious legal advantage to host in Netherlands. If you want to host something that is illegal in US, it most probably is illegal in Holland as well.

And I doubt is the location you need, considering Netherlands vs. Malaysia.
    I was wondering the same, although if the visitors are from Malaysia, West Europe is really not a bad way to go if you look at speeds. While often is said that wet coast US would be the ideal location for malaysians we found that speeds to europe where often even better.

As for legal advantages; i am quite sure the netherlands is just as strict as the US; most hosting companies now also use the dutch code of conduct for hosting companies; which is like the US DMCA.

Some hosting companies use a third part for status sites, this way if there is an issue with their network this site will not be affected and they can still have notifications for their customers.

Quote Originally Posted by aivanv69 View Post
    Some hosting companies use a third part for status sites, this way if there is an issue with their network this site will not be affected and they can still have notifications for their customers.
    Can you please explain where you are talking about ? this seems unrelated; or did i miss something ?

It's not illegal. I just want a country with strict privacy laws and not in the states. I don't like the concepts of companies in the USA just being able to give over my account with a piece of paper. I would like a country which has strict privacy and security laws.

Quote Originally Posted by jnmhorn View Post
    It's not illegal. I just want a country with strict privacy laws and not in the states. I don't like the concepts of companies in the USA just being able to give over my account with a piece of paper. I would like a country which has strict privacy and security laws.
    While we have privacy laws in the netherlands it does not really matter, as soon they come with a court order all details will be given anyways. But since its not an illegal business you trade in; this is very unlikely to happen.

If it is not illegal then you really wouldn't notice any benefits from an offshore host than a USA based one, and even if it was illegal there would still be little difference.

As soon as most of your customers are coming for the EU I can recommend a host in The Netherlands. All respectable hosting companies do not allow any illegal content on there servers. As soon they get complaints about illegal activities they probably will more quickly then normal shutdown your account since you are not located in The Netherlands, since the hoster is responsible for your actions in The Netherlands.