Hi everyone!

I've worked for a couple of large ISPs over the last decade, and have developed a number of in-house control panel systems (some good, some not so good). I now wish to use some of my knowledge to help to wider hosting community.

Whilst I appreciate that it's very hard to get a one-size-fits-all system for large and small web hosting companies alike, it does seem as though the two largest control panel companies (cPanel and Plesk) have left many gaps in their functionality.

So, to my question - if you had the opportunity to shape the development of a whole new control panel system that went out of its way to meet your needs (as a business, as well as a system administrator) - what would you include? What is your biggest frustration with cPanel and/or Plesk (or the control panel you use)? What causes you the most wasted repetitive day-to-day effort that could be avoided with a slicker system? What tasks would you automate that you currently have to perform manually? What would help you sell more?

Comments such as "really, don't bother" also welcomed, but please tell me why you feel that way. Hopefully I can be of help to some of you at least.

Thanks for your time.