Setup dedicated for web hosting

Hello

I will order one unmenaged dedicated with cpanel licnse
    What i need to setup that server and cpanel to work selling web hosting?

Thanks

Are you looking for a LAMP configuration?

Well, with an unmanaged dedicated server, I presume you know how to secure a dedicated server, close unused ports, etc? If not, you definitely should consider securing the server first - this can be done as a "one time" operation, however, you would then need to keep an eye on the logs, and install something like rkhunter to scan your computer from time to time to ensure no rootkits / backdoor / malicious programmes haven't been installed on the server. Thereafter, you would also need to ensure your operating system is kept up to date with the lastest kernel and any patches.

With regard to selling web hosting - using WHM / cPanel, all you would need to do is either create your customers' account manually and then send them the access details, or if you are using some type of billing system such as WHMCS or similar, simply integrate it to create hosting accounts for you through WHM / cPanel once payment is received / processed via your website.

I hope that gives you an idea of what you require / need. If you have any more questions, post them on here ....
    Intellitech I.T. Solutions Ltd.
    Intellitech Hosting - Dedicated Servers worldwide - including USA, London (UK), EU, Asia & Australia
    Server Load Balancing, Hardware Firewalls, MPLS Connectivity

now i have menaged vps with cpanel/whm and whmcs.
    I know to install:
    install cpanel
    setup hostname
    setup ns1 and ns2
    install security mod
    install ioncube
    and even a few pennyworth in whm....

What we need is more?
    if someone has a simple tutorial that helped me a little?
    Thanks

As you had a managed VPS before are you sure you can take care of a full server by yourself?

There are some tutorials available at WHT : http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=69

Go through all of em.

i have menaged vps about 8 mhonts,now i need dedicated unmenaged.

When i install cpanel if he is by default configured for web hosting?
    if yes need to provide a SSL certificate and other script for the Protection and setup name servers and hostname and that is all??????

and only after that should be regularly update operating system and cPanel?

I would recommend you to start with a managed dedicated server and when you got the hang of how to work with it maybe go over to a unmanaged. I wouldn't say 8 month with a managed VPS is enough to have the knowledge on how to manage your own server.

Just a tip! Maybe you are a swift learner and a real Linux guru by now

i will order unmenaged server and use this company platinumservermanagement to menage that server.is that ok?

I also think you should get someone, professionals like platinumservermanagement. Since you were on a managed environment you don't want to end up stuck in a bad situation and not know what to do.
    Fully customized hosting to your specific needs, no general plans found here!
    'Read before you click I agree' - J

Well I think he should learn to manage it himself so he can learn because if he keeps getting managed he is not going to learn anything rather than the stuff he already knows.

Quote Originally Posted by HypedHosting View Post
    Well I think he should learn to manage it himself so he can learn because if he keeps getting managed he is not going to learn anything rather than the stuff he already knows.
    Correct but just make sure he do not use it for production...

Learning administering a server is not just a 1 month action.

Specially 4 U
    Reseller Hosting: Boost Your Websites | Fully Managed KVM VPS: 3.20 - 5.00 Ghz, Pure Dedicated Power
    JoneSolutions.Com is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions, server management and services since 2001
    Debian|Ubuntu|cPanel|DirectAdmin|Enhance|Webuzo|Acronis|Estela|BitNinja|Nginx

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    Correct but just make sure he do not use it for production...

Learning administering a server is not just a 1 month action.
    ok.i wil use unmenaged setver and psm.i add psm to my msn and yim but 3 days no answer?

thanks

Quote Originally Posted by 1809 View Post
    ok.i wil use unmenaged setver and psm.i add psm to my msn and yim but 3 days no answer?

thanks
    I don't see any unanswered messages at all. Please email us directly if IM does not work.
    PlatinumServerManagement (also known as PSM)
    The OLDEST and LARGEST and MOST TRUSTED server management provider in the USA, with 15+ employees and growing!
    Providing quality support for OVER 21 years! Currently supporting over 3,000+ servers monthly!

www.PlatinumServerManagement.com Proud member of the NJ BBB & Chamber of Commerce & Authorized cPanel Partner.

i send you contact to msn and yim but you not answer
    my contact in yim is ze_rvkds