Reliable European VPS provider -- I don't want a cheap provider

I need a good reputable provider that is going to be stable and have awesome support -- I don't need a cheap provider cramming the box with as many clients possible. Thanks!

What specifications do you need, e.g. operating system, disc space, ram, etc.?

I have been using SolarVPS for about 3 months, now, good value and good support and their VPS service has been very reliable. They have Windows and Linux servers, real and virtual in the US and the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by m8yhosting View Post
    I have been using SolarVPS for about 3 months, now, good value and good support and their VPS service has been very reliable. They have Windows and Linux servers, real and virtual in the US and the UK.
    I actually have a couple with SolarVPS right now, though I didn't realize they had options in Europe.. .

I don't need much. Ubuntu or CentOS works fine. Minimal disk space and maybe 512-1024MB of ram?

Just try and stay away from the 512MB RAM for 5$ providers Keep a realistic budget, look at their offers and choose the best option for yourself.

Also remember, new doesn't always mean bad. Also give new providers a chance
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom

What budget do you have ?
    Windows or Unix ?
    What specs do you need (ram, space, bandwidth) ?
    UK SSD VPS without compromise - upto 250k IOPS !
    www.clustered.net

Hey,

GBServers.co.uk and iFuseHosting.com are worth checking out

Gotta be another vote for GBServers, There Uptime and Support is Great!
    I certainly wouldn't use any of the VAserv brands (cheapVPS and A2B2 etc)
    Follow me on Twitter: @conrjac

any without bw limit?

Quote Originally Posted by nicktaf View Post
    any without bw limit?
    I dont think i have seen any VPS offers with unmetered bandwidth, try searching around ,but it would be unrealistic as the nature of VPS servers is shareing bandwidth why other clients on the same hardware.
    beast5.com - Managed Hosting Solutions 2004 - 2016

hostineuro.com.

Very reliable, stable and good.

No unlimited/unmetered bandwidth though.
    "For I know the plans I have for you" declares our Lord Jesus Christ, "they are plans to prosper you, to give you a hope and a future and not to destroy you." - Jeremiah 29:11

I can recommend eurovps highly for what you need.
    Koroush Ghazi
    Owner/Author
    TweakGuides.com
    Currently Hosted by: EuroVPS

What would be your budget for this so we can point you to a good provider.
    Wholesale Direct International Sip Termination & UK Numbering (DID's/DDI's)
    Over 250 Direct Interconnects with guarnateed CLI/FAX | SIP & TDM Interconnectivity
    http://wholesale.alohatelecom.co.uk | Instant SIP Trunking at unbeatable rates http://www.voipyonder.com/

would you need managed/unmanaged vps? bandwidth/traffic estimations? firewall? back-up?
    which applications do you intend to run on the vps? purpose?
    yes, budget would be nice.

best,
    Datacenter Luxembourg
    sglange AT dclux DOT com

If you can manage your server pretty much on your own, I would suggest gandi.net as an option. They are based in France and they are running Xen platform with some excellent technical features. I have used their platform and they are a reliable provider, a sound platform with some large European customers. Their customer service can be a bit slow though and not always comparable to US providers - average European I would say. There are no bandwidth limits except 'within reasonable limits'

Another one I know of, is the xtrahost.co.uk. I do not have personal experience with them, but people I know and trust are using their Xen services. They seem to give good support, their platform is stable and surely, their customer support has native English speakers. And as far as I know, there are options for managed alternatives as well. Bandwidth is not unlimited.

And finally - my long time favorite VPS provider - Linode.com. They are US provider, but their connections from New Jersey NOC to Europe is excellent (so if you are looking for good connection for EU customers). Their Xen platform works well, their customer service is responsive, they have active member forums and good wiki-documentation. They are EU Safe Harbor certified, they have easy-to-use control panel, wide selection of operating systems.. Limited bandwidth though, and you need to configure and manage your server - so not necessarily for a beginner..

But for me there is only one VPS - the Xen VPS. So I might be a bit biased with my suggestions