* Different types of Web Hosting

Hi

How many type of web hosting and which hosting is very compatible with SEO point of view ?

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna Rivera View Post
    Hi

How many type of web hosting and which hosting is very compatible with SEO point of view ?
    I don't know what else you might request from a hoster from a SEO point of view, besides mod_rewrite and similar IIS modules on Windows.
    And these URL rewrite modules are usually supported by any host.

Maybe IP location. But from what I heard this is becoming a minor factor (if not disappearing) from SERP algorithm.

And uptime, so that google bot finds you "home" when indexing your site .

And non-overloaded servers, still for the indexing bots .

And, hmm... I see I've just started a list . What else, guys and gals?

Quote Originally Posted by Joanna Rivera View Post
    Hi

I don't really understand my question. If you're talking about what types of hosting are compatible with SEO, then pretty much any type of hosting will do, as long as your site is SEO-optimized.

If you're talking about what things host do to make your site good for SEO, well, other than enabling Apache mod_rewrite, there is nothing much the host can do for you unless they offer SEO services. You still have to SEO optimize your site.
    bikster.com - Quality Hosting. Affordable Prices.
    Providing premium quality shared and reseller cPanel/WHM hosting at low prices!
    Reseller cPanel/WHM hosting solutions that you can afford

IP location makes a lot of sense for SEO. I used to operate a website targeted at international(mainly usa) visitors. However, I was very disappointed to find out that the IP of the server was in Hungary. So my site was #1 in google if searched from hungary, but never appeared in google.com due to the IP address location. I switched the site to a usa ip address, but looks like google remembered where I started from...

Quote Originally Posted by DJwrite View Post
    IP location makes a lot of sense for SEO. I used to operate a website targeted at international(mainly usa) visitors. However, I was very disappointed to find out that the IP of the server was in Hungary. So my site was #1 in google if searched from hungary, but never appeared in google.com due to the IP address location. I switched the site to a usa ip address, but looks like google remembered where I started from...
    You probably have more competing sites on your search terms in google.com. Would be a reason not to be on first page of results.

So my site was #1 in google if searched from hungary, but never appeared in google.com due to the IP address location.
    You can use Google's Webmaster tools to set the site's target audience.

actually SEO can be optimize in most of the hosting packages. You just need to perform the SEO on your website only and it does not limited based on hosting packages..