Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 44
  1. #1
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482

    Unhappy Does anyone here suffer anxiety?

    Hello Everyone,

    Sorry to sound so weird about this, But does anyone here suffer social anxiety or anxiety in general?

    Please help me.

    Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    13,294
    I used to suffer from it severely. 5-6 panic attacks a day.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    3,207
    im slowly getting used to it. used to be qwite bad when I was younger. why?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Location
    Pittsburgh
    Posts
    3,479
    In your initial post, you specifically mentioned social anxiety. If you suffer from social anxiety disorder or think you might, you should probably go see a specialist. There are definitely medications and support groups to help you with that. It's quite common.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    650
    From time to time I suffer from anxiety, but not that often. Just like CArmstrong said, you could see a specialist or take some medications.
    Tailored VPS offers fully customizable VPS Hosting
    Powered by OpenVZ | Servers located in the USA | 99.9% Uptime

  6. #6
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The PitLane
    Posts
    2,874
    I'm sure there are better forums you could 'check out'.
    _____________________________________________________________
    - There are many types of Marmalade -

  7. #7
    I suffer anxiety as well. I talk to people better when I am on the computer. I take a pill to help me from being anxious. It helps me not get depressed as much. The pill helps me with anger as well.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,878
    http://www.exclusivehypnotherapy.co.uk/

    Have a look there mate....I know the guy and he gives great advice.

    owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 07-30-2009 at 04:18 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    UK, Major Cities
    Posts
    499
    My dad suffers from anxiety, which is normally triggered by boredom. Is that the same in your case?
    - Colin Dunn | Systems Administrator
    I think CentOS is a pretty cool guy. eh runs mah server and doesnt afraid of anything...
    ^ That sig/meme is so old, I just don't have the heart to change it. I hope the cool kids around still get it... 2008 was a good year!

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    My wife just caught one going on with me yesterday. Or so she claims thats what it is, I dont think she knows what shes talking about. I was just sitting there (get these several times a week) and told her it was happening. She grabbed her stethascope and started checking me. She smiles and said it was an anxiety attack. I told her she was full of it, I dont have those because I had nothing to be anxious about. I assume you feel pressure in your throat and it feels like an elf in your chest with a sledgehammer trying to bang his way out?

    If thats an anxiety attack, and nothing in particular seems to trigger it, I think they should rename it because thats a stupid name for it...

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cleveland,Ohio...
    Posts
    416
    anxiety is very real and it will control you.WHATEVER you do dont take or drink anything that has Stimulants such as Caffeine.Best thing for you to do is see a doctor to see what might be causeing this.A stress test would be good to get to see how much your heart can take.I been getting them on and off for years and its not a good feeling.JUST take care of your self and you will be ok.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    I took a nuclear stress test a few months ago, said I had an extremely strong heart. I want to do another, makes you feel like you just ran 5 miles while you havent moved a muscle. Thats a cool test..lol. I was like... hey, lets do that again

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cleveland,Ohio...
    Posts
    416
    IS thats the one they inject you with a needle.IF it is i had 2 of them.THEY last 5 minutes and then the drug wears off right.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Posts
    2,361
    Could you consider hypnosis? At sub-conscious level you are not confident of something, and that continuous negative thought is turning into a avalanche which you can't stop at the conscious level. Normal therapy won't work because of that very reason, you need to tackle the sub-conscious level.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    Quote Originally Posted by bdkane View Post
    IS thats the one they inject you with a needle.IF it is i had 2 of them.THEY last 5 minutes and then the drug wears off right.
    Yeah, not sure why it's called "nuclear". That little tube of whatever they inject you with though is majorly expensive...

  16. #16
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    I used to suffer from it severely. 5-6 panic attacks a day.
    Hello Steven, I do not suffer 5-6 a day like you did but I suffer it like over the day it seems to affect me on a daily basis. It does not seem to disappear, Just seems to stay in my mind.

    im slowly getting used to it. used to be qwite bad when I was younger. why?
    I should of elaborated on it a bit more, sorry.
    In the last 6 months I deveoloped general anxiety that I get at home and at work (or I did when I was at work). Though now I seem to get it more and more after I have moved to Canberra.

    All I have to do is sit here and my mind does the work, I think about my heart all the time, I get this pain in my sternum or around there and up on my chest right where the ribs bones meet or just think dead center of your chest.

    I am not sure what causes that, But I do get the odd pain here and there. around the chest area and sometimes in th hands. Though mostly I cannot stop thinking about my heart area and It is heaps scary.

    Sometimes I have a few breathing problems, Though my GP did say I have mild asthma even though other people are saying that, Nah you do not have Asthma, My xxx has asthma and you do not have it they say.

    Besides all of that, Was in the shower the other day and I did end up on the floor with my heart racing un-controllably, Wonders if it has something to do with hot and cold I am not too sure.
    In your initial post, you specifically mentioned social anxiety. If you suffer from social anxiety disorder or think you might, you should probably go see a specialist. There are definitely medications and support groups to help you with that. It's quite common.
    Hello CA,

    Yes, I suffer from general anxiety the same as the rest of my family. Nan, Pop, Mum, Aunty, Uncle all suffer from anxiety.

    As far as socially I have become more un-eventful with a social life. I used to go out all the time and now I end up here at the PC and seem to be on it all day. I am not sure if it is a fear of having an attack in the middle of a shopping center and becoming entirely embarressed

    That is what I mean by social anxiety. As far as a doctor or GP I might head out and see if I can get into one this arvo and see what they can recommend me.
    From time to time I suffer from anxiety, but not that often. Just like CArmstrong said, you could see a specialist or take some medications.
    Ok, When I was at my last GP up home he recommended seeing a Psychologist but I said no, I felt I was too young to be seeing one. I guess I was a bit wrong. Though Mum did see one the same but did nothing for her.

    I will investigate the medication alternatives.

    I'm sure there are better forums you could 'check out'.
    Correct, There is and I have read through them. THey are very helpful but I want a general look here and see if people here suffer from it and see how they go about dealing with them.

    I suffer anxiety as well. I talk to people better when I am on the computer. I take a pill to help me from being anxious. It helps me not get depressed as much. The pill helps me with anger as well.
    Hello RLS, I find that a computer is currently bad for me but it is the only thing that I feel keeps me sane. Seriously I find it keeps me away from people and it keeps me quiet for days on end and I do not tend to text or call people as I used too.

    I believe I am depressed from my year ago breakup, Geese that sounds a bit weird maybe I am just dragging it on too much and I am just suffering from being lonely from that. Talk about depressing.

    http://www.exclusivehypnotherapy.co.uk/

    Have a look there mate....I know the guy and he gives great advice.

    owm
    Thanks OWN,
    I am on the site now and are reading it Looks like a helpful site.

    My dad suffers from anxiety, which is normally triggered by boredom. Is that the same in your case?
    I would not say not to that, I do get quite bored because I live in an area where it is more industrial and there are no shops and nothing to walk to but metal work factories and factories the like.

    I find if I sit here, I always have my heart on my chest and feeling my hear to make sure it is still beating.

    My wife just caught one going on with me yesterday. Or so she claims thats what it is, I dont think she knows what shes talking about. I was just sitting there (get these several times a week) and told her it was happening. She grabbed her stethascope and started checking me. She smiles and said it was an anxiety attack. I told her she was full of it, I dont have those because I had nothing to be anxious about. I assume you feel pressure in your throat and it feels like an elf in your chest with a sledgehammer trying to bang his way out?

    If thats an anxiety attack, and nothing in particular seems to trigger it, I think they should rename it because thats a stupid name for it...
    Hello Webdude,

    Perhaps the name change could work, But it won't disappear
    Yes down the back of my throat it seems to tense up a bit and that is where I get the breathing issues. I am not sure about the little elf though. But the pains in my chest seem to scatter.

    I seem to get these everyday now, It is terrible for me as the same as you I am not anxious about anything. I am not thinking of anything bad and all of a sudden a pain comes on or something just happens and I have to get up and walk around and try and calm myself down and I hate it.

    I used to get a 'FLUTTER' as you would say in my Aorta. My dad is an ex-ambulance officer and he said it was weird, My doctor said it was nothing to worry about he put it more to my weight.

    anxiety is very real and it will control you.WHATEVER you do dont take or drink anything that has Stimulants such as Caffeine.Best thing for you to do is see a doctor to see what might be causeing this.A stress test would be good to get to see how much your heart can take.I been getting them on and off for years and its not a good feeling.JUST take care of your self and you will be ok.
    Hey Bdkane,

    Yes, I have knocked the caffeine off but I still tend to suffer them the same
    My GP did a Blood test, ECG Test, Xray and all these other tests and they all come back normal. Nothing out of the ordinary but my red blood count.

    Weird, I look after myself but the thing is, I do not eat the same as I used to.

    I took a nuclear stress test a few months ago, said I had an extremely strong heart. I want to do another, makes you feel like you just ran 5 miles while you havent moved a muscle. Thats a cool test..lol. I was like... hey, lets do that again
    He he, I have never heard of one of them. This sounds really good I would love to hear this from the GP.

    IS thats the one they inject you with a needle.IF it is i had 2 of them.THEY last 5 minutes and then the drug wears off right.
    Ha ha, Damn a drug. Might as well take steroids.

    Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    Sean, after your last post I decided to look into what I actually did. This is what I found on a few sites..

    A nuclear stress test lets doctors see pictures of your heart while you are resting and shortly after you have exercised. The test can give information about the size of the heart's chambers, how well the heart is pumping blood, and whether the heart has any damaged or dead muscle. Nuclear stress tests can also give doctors information about your arteries and whether they might be narrowed or blocked because of coronary artery disease.

    Doctors will give you a small amount of a radioactive substance just before the end of the exercise part of the test. This radioactive substance is not harmful to your body or your organs.

    The patient is injected with a medication such as dobutamine. The medication causes the heart to react as if the person were exercising, though the patient is actually at rest. Other medications that perform this function include adenosine and persantine. Some drugs increase the heart rate, and other drugs increase blood flow by causing the coronary arteries to widen.
    Of course... they didnt find anything... If these are anxiety attacks, most of mine are fairly light. However, I have had some that almost took me down, and thats saying a lot seeing as I'm the one that posted hook shaped bruise pics here where I got kicked in the kidney by a horse, and instead of going down, I went and punched the horse in the nose...lol. Given that, I dont thing harsh anxiety attacks are anything to take lightly.

  18. #18
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    Of course... they didnt find anything... If these are anxiety attacks, most of mine are fairly light. However, I have had some that almost took me down, and thats saying a lot seeing as I'm the one that posted hook shaped bruise pics here where I got kicked in the kidney by a horse, and instead of going down, I went and punched the horse in the nose...lol. Given that, I dont thing harsh anxiety attacks are anything to take lightly.
    Thanks for that information, Sounds like a test that I would love to get done and see how I perform - As long as it will not kill me and as long as it won't harm me as it says "it doesn't" then I am all for it and to see what the heck is wrong.

    My attacks are light I would think, I have been on the ground 3 times since I have suffered it, Maybe because I let it get to me and I do not fight it back, or I do and it does not work. Heck I hate this already.

    ROFL at your Shareped Bruise and the horse. ha ha, That was a good laugh.

    Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  19. #19
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The PitLane
    Posts
    2,874
    Those chest pains are sometimes not your hart about to explode, or 'just' stress,
    there can be other problems which your gp & you should look at.
    My stress [sarcasm] induced chest pain has gone since being correctly diagnosed as a digestive problem, now under control thanks to western medicines.

    IF your problems are soley stress/depression/anxiety, try chilling out with yoga or my favorite Tai Chi.
    _____________________________________________________________
    - There are many types of Marmalade -

  20. #20
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    Those chest pains are sometimes not your hart about to explode, or 'just' stress,
    there can be other problems which your gp & you should look at.
    My stress [sarcasm] induced chest pain has gone since being correctly diagnosed as a digestive problem, now under control thanks to western medicines.
    This is what I thought Brian. I lived in a House that was heaps damp and their was alot of mould around the house. I am wondering if this has anything to do with things?

    I am a bit worried about it

    I believe it is anxiety, But It has been like it for over 3 months now ;(

    Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    I think it has more to do with diet than anything. I was starting to have them a lot more often, but those have subsided down a LOT since I started eating healthier and doing exercises every day. I also did away with cokes except when eating out... which I still have to do a few times a week. But then I'm not real sure. I have trouble getting to sleep, and it seems that during the times I am on ambien, I rarely, if ever have these attacks. Naw, gotta be the diet.

    While not as bad, but just as annoying, I also get restless legs (hence the ambien). All I have to do is THINK the words restless legs and I get it....... crap, there they go... you just HAD to bring up restless legs didnt you??

  22. #22
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    2,249
    Im having the same thing as you. Identicle pains etc and I have major social anxiety which is one of the reasons I became a computer geek. I wish i could find a cure but nothin has helped me. Atleast you dont have my friends fear of pooping XD
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

  23. #23
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,946
    Hmm, have you looked into medication? :curious:

    -mike
    Mike G. - Limestone Networks - Account Specialist
    Cloud - Dedicated - Colocation - Premium Network - Passionate Support
    DDoS Protection Available - Reseller Program @LimestoneInc - 877.586.0555

  24. #24
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    I haven't no! My doctor said at my age he would want to try other methods before any medications. I don't like drugs. Hehe.
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Dallas, TX
    Posts
    8,946
    Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    I haven't no! My doctor said at my age he would want to try other methods before any medications. I don't like drugs. Hehe.
    This is an instance where you should not "just say no" to drugs

    -mike
    Mike G. - Limestone Networks - Account Specialist
    Cloud - Dedicated - Colocation - Premium Network - Passionate Support
    DDoS Protection Available - Reseller Program @LimestoneInc - 877.586.0555

  26. #26
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    10,482
    This is an instance where you should not "just say no" to drugs
    You have a valid point Mike, I like to try and use natural remedies before taking any type of histerical drugs.

    Sean
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Mike - Limestone View Post
    This is an instance where you should not "just say no" to drugs

    -mike
    Actually I think it is. Do away with sodas and junk foods. If the medical industry was honest instead of money grubbing, they would tell you this. Instead, they do things such as putting people on diabetes meds instead of telling them to get off the couch and lose some weight. Many health issues in our lives are due to bad lifestyles, quick and lazy choices, etc. Many of us make uneducated choices, such as going to the doctor to get a pill to combat a problem a few pushups a day could resolve without any bad side effects.

    I've learned my lessons about miracle weight loss pills AND doctors. I have changed (actually still changing) my lifestyle and junk food habits... little by little. By doing so, problems such as the anxiety attacks, constant fatique, etc, are going away. I'm sorry if I sound pushy, but I have been thru it all and feel I should push others to do the same because I know it is the healthiest way now, I see the results of it all.

    Start with an easy 20 jumping jacks in the morning to wake up before jumping in the shower... really, stuff as simple as that can make a big difference.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Location
    California USA
    Posts
    13,294
    Interesting fact about me.

    Individuals with Mitral Valve Prolapse Syndrome seem to be at higher risk to develop panic disorder than the general population; however, not all individuals with MVP will develop panic disorder.
    During the testing for anxiety, they found I had mitral valve prolapse.
    Steven Ciaburri | Industry's Best Server Management - Rack911.com
    Software Auditing - 400+ Vulnerabilities Found - Quote @ https://www.RACK911Labs.com
    Fully Managed Dedicated Servers (Las Vegas, New York City, & Amsterdam) (AS62710)
    FreeBSD & Linux Server Management, Security Auditing, Server Optimization, PCI Compliance

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven View Post
    Interesting fact about me.

    During the testing for anxiety, they found I had mitral valve prolapse.
    Ouch.... now THAT is reason to goto a doctor. Do they have your MVP under control now?

  30. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    11,059
    Treatment for MVP is usually sugar free healthy diet, lots of fluids, exercise and appropriate prescribed medication. Hope you can get it under control, Steven.

    Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

  31. #31
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Cleveland,Ohio...
    Posts
    416
    Where the reason i went a got a nuclear stress test was because my EKG showed that i had a Heart Attack.MY family Doctor was concern so i went and got my first one done.Then after that you go and get X RAYS done of your heart.2 weeks later they called me back and said i had to get a 2nd one because they said they seen something that did not look right.I did not want to go through that again because your arm hurts (shoulder)SO i went and did it over.SO when i went back to the heart doctor he said i did not have a heart attack.SO that was good news.IF you have anxiety it would be a good ideal to get one done.

  32. #32
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    181
    Really now? Go consult with your doctor, NOT A WEB HOSTING FORUM.
    Lead Designer @ SingleHop

  33. #33
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    Quote Originally Posted by fabrikated View Post
    Really now? Go consult with your doctor, NOT A WEB HOSTING FORUM.
    Really now? Op's not asking for consultation, he asked if others had same thing. Your comment was useless.

  34. #34
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    181
    @Webdude

    From OP's first post: "Please help me." Sounds like consultation to me.

    If he's even questioning something like this, he should be talking to a qualified professional. From the experiences he's had (that he's described throughout this thread), no amount of "advice" from any of us is going to mean anything in the long run.
    Last edited by NoahH; 08-04-2009 at 09:08 AM. Reason: typo
    Lead Designer @ SingleHop

  35. #35
    Join Date
    Jun 2002
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    287
    Quote Originally Posted by fabrikated View Post
    Really now? Go consult with your doctor, NOT A WEB HOSTING FORUM.
    Many many many people ask (post) for suggestions (aka input, opinion, help, tip, .. etc) for various reasons. Also, just because someone is asking/talking about a particular topic does not mean he/she is putting you on the higher pedestal. They are simply trying to understand their situation more before any decision is made.

    Now coming back to the subject with my 2 cents.

    I have never had any issue with anxiety or panic attacks. However have known couple of people who had such issues. From what I have seen, I would say you can try doing medication - it might help.
    Software Devil

  36. #36
    Join Date
    Aug 2001
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    181
    Alright, you guys are confusing urgency/concern with flaming. Which is not the case. Oh well, this argument shouldn't continue any further. Good luck to the OP.
    Lead Designer @ SingleHop

  37. #37
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    The PitLane
    Posts
    2,874
    Quote Originally Posted by fabrikated View Post
    Really now? Go consult with your doctor, NOT A WEB HOSTING FORUM.
    or
    I'm sure there are better forums you could 'check out'.
    It's not always about what you say, it can be as important how you say things.
    I hope my comments did not cause / increase the OPs anxiety level.

    However 'fabrikated' is correct, Now is a good time for the OP to seriously consider a visit to his doctor.
    _____________________________________________________________
    - There are many types of Marmalade -

  38. #38
    Join Date
    Dec 2000
    Location
    The Woodlands, Tx
    Posts
    5,962
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian-de-vie View Post
    However 'fabrikated' is correct, Now is a good time for the OP to seriously consider a visit to his doctor.
    Yes, but at the same time, consider the doctor is there to "make money". Many doctors put $$ before the patient. Just like when you take your car to a mechanic, carefully consider anything he tries to sell you on.... they make money via referral networks, and will likely refer you to another doctor that can do crazy things like cat scans and all that..... and after $30,000 worth of testing, you can end up with a huge bill and no results or nothing found.... and still be having the attacks later. When I spent the night at the hospital hooked to devices all night, then the nuclear test the next day... they found nothing. Then they want me to stay longer and do MORE tests. I told them no. If they had tests that could detect more, they should have done those first, my thoughts was that further tests wouldnt find anything either, but I would most certainly be billed for them.

    The medical people will try to goad you into more with things like "But isnt your health worth it?" , "We can deal with bills later, we have to make sure nothing is wrong with you right now" , etc, etc. If you follow their advice completely, like so many do, you will go bankrupt.... again, like so many do.

  39. #39
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    171
    Honestly, medicine and counseling and all that is a waste of money. Pick up a hobby, meet other people. I for one started hiking and mountain climbing. I met a lot of people through it and it completely changed me, physically and mentally I am a better person. Depression and anxiety CANNOT be solved with a pill.

  40. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachA View Post
    Honestly, medicine and counseling and all that is a waste of money. Pick up a hobby, meet other people. I for one started hiking and mountain climbing. I met a lot of people through it and it completely changed me, physically and mentally I am a better person. Depression and anxiety CANNOT be solved with a pill.
    My experience is entirely the opposite. I have a real problem with anxiety, and have had it for at least 20 years. The only thing that makes it go away is my nice little pill. I have tried everything else, and that's the only thing that helps at all.

    To the OP: go back to the doctor. It sounds like you are definitely having panic attacks, and if fear of having a panic attack in public is keeping you inside, you really need to do something to deal with it. That kind of behaviour heads into an area called Agoraphobia, which both my wife and my son have had problems with.

    Mental Illness is real, and is a serious issue. Threre is no reason you have to go on feeling like this, and your first step is to go back to the doctor and have a really serious chat about how your life is being affected, and from there come up with a plan that will help.

    My wife and I both have serious issues with anxiety, but my son has Bipolar Disorder, which is a lot more serious. Without his meds he would be dead. He certainly tried hard enough to get there, but is doing a lot better now with treatment.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Medical - Who Suffers Anxiety, Am I?
    By Sparrow-Sean in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 03-18-2009, 12:09 PM
  2. I was rude to InnoHosting. Now I suffer.
    By EnvisionX in forum Web Hosting
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 07-01-2007, 08:27 AM
  3. Please Review Anxiety Zone - Anxiety Disorders Forum
    By anxietyzone in forum Web Site Reviews
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 05-03-2005, 01:34 PM
  4. Do you think home-based businesses suffer....
    By promo2go in forum Web Hosting Lounge
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-05-2003, 05:41 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •