Results 1 to 16 of 16
  1. #1

    Thumbs down Does BurstNet have remote reboot? i ordered but never received it :(

    anybody here have experience on renting server at burstnet with remote reboot feature? because i ordered a server from them several weeks ago but didn't receive any information on how to login/do remote reboot until now.

    opened several tickets but then either put on hold, closed or merged without any information on when i'll get information about the remote reboot.

    last ticket has been put on hold for 8 days and still i get no answer. this is sucks!
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter
      0 Not allowed!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Brexit Island
    Posts
    2,821
    Quote Originally Posted by markhard View Post
    anybody here have experience on renting server at burstnet with remote reboot feature? because i ordered a server from them several weeks ago but didn't receive any information on how to login/do remote reboot until now.

    opened several tickets but then either put on hold, closed or merged without any information on when i'll get information about the remote reboot.

    last ticket has been put on hold for 8 days and still i get no answer. this is sucks!
    I'm not too sure about how their remote reboot works but IMHO, you don't need to pay for it at BURST. If you open a "REBOOT" ticket, your server is usually rebooted in a few minutes
      0 Not allowed!

  3. #3
    yes, indeed. but still, i have no idea why they didn't setup it, i paid for it.
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter
      0 Not allowed!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Posts
    246
    Ring them?
      0 Not allowed!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    Hi...

    If you PM your email, I will gladly check into this for you. We are slightly backlogged on remote reboot port setups due to some employee vacations that typically handle the setups of these...
    .
    .
      0 Not allowed!

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Location
    Six Degrees From You
    Posts
    1,075
    Quote Originally Posted by BuzzServers-J View Post
    I'm not too sure about how their remote reboot works but IMHO, you don't need to pay for it at BURST. If you open a "REBOOT" ticket, your server is usually rebooted in a few minutes
    But then, it is easier, and a darn sight quicker, to use a remote reboot interface.
      0 Not allowed!

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,320
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Hi...

    If you PM your email, I will gladly check into this for you. We are slightly backlogged on remote reboot port setups due to some employee vacations that typically handle the setups of these...
    .
    .
    Since he ordered it with his server, why wasnt it setup directly with the server? Its part of the service he paid for? Even if some of your employees are celebrating holidays it should not take weeks for a reboot port to be setup.
    Powered by Level3, GBLX and AT&T
      0 Not allowed!

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Apr 2000
    Location
    Nevada, US
    Posts
    5,433
    << Since he ordered it with his server, why wasnt it setup directly with the server? >>

    Because it is not part of our server setup process, and is intentionally done separately for several internal processing reasons.
    .
    .
      0 Not allowed!

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    Hi...

    If you PM your email, I will gladly check into this for you. We are slightly backlogged on remote reboot port setups due to some employee vacations that typically handle the setups of these...
    .
    .
    I send a PM with my email address and the ticket ID.
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter
      0 Not allowed!

  10. #10
    Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    << Since he ordered it with his server, why wasnt it setup directly with the server? >>

    Because it is not part of our server setup process, and is intentionally done separately for several internal processing reasons.
    .
    .
    I don't know your server setup process is and it's not that i'm not satisfied with the server, but it's raised my question why no body else in burstnet tech support are able to handle this remote reboot setup?
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter
      0 Not allowed!

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    San Francisco, California
    Posts
    469
    It probably just fell through a crack since they are out on vacation, not that someone else couldn't do it.
    Larry Bly
    Sandbox IT Solutions, LLC.
    www.SandboxITSolutions.com
    Dedicated Servers - Web Hosting - Consulting Services
      0 Not allowed!

  12. #12
    at last, i got the login detail.. WHT surely works
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter
      0 Not allowed!

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    1,175
    Quote Originally Posted by markhard View Post
    ...didn't receive any information on how to login/do remote reboot until now.
    So does that mean you did get it? And you are still making a forum posting asking if they have remote reboot when you did receive it? Interesting way of going about it...lol
    www.DMEHosting.com - DME Hosting LLC | Servers, KVM/OpenVZ VPS's, Email Hosting, Web Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    1,183
    Burst is a good provider


    You will be suprise and happy on their service.
      0 Not allowed!

  15. #15
    Quote Originally Posted by Speedy059 View Post
    So does that mean you did get it? And you are still making a forum posting asking if they have remote reboot when you did receive it? Interesting way of going about it...lol
    just in case you didn't read it thoroughly, i did receive it AFTER:

    • make several tickets
    • waiting for a couple of weeks
    • post about this here in WHT
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter
      0 Not allowed!

  16. #16
    anyway, this thread is closed as the problem is solved
    HalfDedi.com • Half Dedicated Half Price
    We provide affordable VPS hosting solution Singapore datacenter
      0 Not allowed!

Similar Threads

  1. $69.00 Unmetered Dallas Co-Location w/ Free Backup, Remote Reboot & 1HR Remote Hands
    By ByteFortressAaron in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 05-01-2006, 10:47 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2004, 01:33 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2004, 01:14 PM
  4. Remote Console & Remote Reboot included with all servers-$0 setup!!
    By NEO-0073 in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-28-2004, 09:58 AM
  5. Low-Priced Servers w/Remote Console & Remote Reboot Included!!
    By NEO-0073 in forum Dedicated Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-14-2004, 01:42 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •