Looking to move hosts... need advice

I currently have a master reseller hosting account with a company that is starting to go south. I am seeing signs that they may bite the dust soon. I am currently looking to move and expand. I do not want a VPS because the last one I had was a nightmare.

Here is what I am looking for.
    • 25-50 Gig Disk Space - I also need the option to upgrade if needed
    • 100 GB - 1000 GB Bandwidth - with the option to upgrade if needed
    • I am a master reseller, so I need at least master reseller acceess, however it would be nice to offer master reseller accounts in the future (if this exists)
    • CPanel is required since my clients all use CPanel
    • US Based Servers
    • non-oversold or minimal overselling
    • free account migrations from my old host
    • must accept paypal
    • must accept monthly payments rather then forced yearly
    • billing software is not needed, I have a owned whmcs

My budget is around $35-$50 per month

If it helps, I currently have 4 resellers and they each have between 4-18 accounts each.

sounds like you have it all together and know what to expect. i think you can surely find a great host to meet your budget and offer you what your looking for with no problem.
    Hostcrate.com - Shoutcast Streams & Web Hosting
    █ Custom Streams Available - Contact me - We're in Second Life Too!
    Real Quality - Real Support - Real Affordable since 2008!

I forgot to mention, I wish to use zamfoo if there are hosts who use it. It is what I currently use.

didn't you hear about it? there is a secret bug in it that sends the password to someone which makes its have a flaw in it.
    Hostcrate.com - Shoutcast Streams & Web Hosting
    █ Custom Streams Available - Contact me - We're in Second Life Too!
    Real Quality - Real Support - Real Affordable since 2008!

Quote Originally Posted by hostcrate_com View Post
    didn't you hear about it? there is a secret bug in it that sends the password to someone which makes its have a flaw in it.
    Yes, from what I read, zamfoo accidentally released the software with the debug code left in. I have sort of became attached to zamfoo.

Well you seem to know what it is you want, and you have a really healthy budget there to boot, so just look around and I'm sure you'll find a good affordable host. Good luck!

I am a master reseller, so I need at least master reseller acceess, however it would be nice to offer master reseller accounts in the future (if this exists)
    It does exist, it's called alpha master reseller. Not that I'm a fan of the concept.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    It does exist, it's called alpha master reseller. Not that I'm a fan of the concept.
    Ohh, so thats what alpha is, I thought it was something really different. Do you know of any reliable host who offers that as an option within my price range?

Perhaps try taking a look at K-Disk.net. They're the only company I see who offers these alpha plans for a reasonable price for the disk/bandwidth that you get. However, I would recommend a VPS instead.

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    Perhaps try taking a look at K-Disk.net. They're the only company I see who offers these alpha plans for a reasonable price for the disk/bandwidth that you get. However, I would recommend a VPS instead.
    tyvm, I will put in a pre sales ticket to see if they meet all of my requirements and also see how long they take to answer . I also see that kdisk seems to be a member here as well.

You looked at HostGator? or maybe MidPhase?
    Follow me on Twitter: @conrjac

Quote Originally Posted by connorjackson View Post
    You looked at HostGator? or maybe MidPhase?
    yes, they dont offer master or alpha accounts, they only do reseller accounts. I have gone ahead and sent k-disk.net a pre-sales ticket and got a response from someone named Zeke. He was very professional.

Unfortunately k-disk will not give me a feww trial, but they agreed to credit me for 2 weeks at the end of the month. They said it was for spam/abuse issues. I need to speak to my partner and we may place our order. I will keep you all posted

I would stay away from master/alpha reseller accounts. They really can be a mess - go with a VPS if needed.
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateResellerHost View Post
    I do not want a VPS because the last one I had was a nightmare.
    I do not want a vps, I work a full time job and do not have time to babysit and manage the server. This is why I clearly requested a reseller account.

I know that there are several stable master reseller accounts out there.

Master reseller accounts are fine if managed properly. It's just that there are very few companies that are able to do so. Hopefully all goes well with K-Disk if you guys go with them

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    Master reseller accounts are fine if managed properly. It's just that there are very few companies that are able to do so. Hopefully all goes well with K-Disk if you guys go with them
    Very true. I don't know that alpha master reseller accounts could ever be managed properly though
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Hello All,
    I am sorry I have been quet today, I have been in an off site meeting most of the day.

@Ultimate - I am happy that you hit it off with Zeke, he said that you are free to e-mail him at any time directly.

@XeHSean - Yes a Alpha Reseller account can be managed, it is actually even easier then manageing a VPS Node
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

I do not want a vps, I work a full time job and do not have time to babysit and manage the server.
    You can get a fully managed VPS then. You seem to have the budget for it.

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateResellerHost View Post
    I do not want a vps, I work a full time job and do not have time to babysit and manage the server. This is why I clearly requested a reseller account.

I know that there are several stable master reseller accounts out there.
    What about a UK based 49 Dedi?
    I know its
    a) not a master/alpha reseller
    b) US Based

Just trying to think of your options.
    Follow me on Twitter: @conrjac

Quote Originally Posted by connorjackson View Post
    What about a UK based 49 Dedi?
    I know its
    a) not a master/alpha reseller
    b) US Based

Just trying to think of your options.
    If he specifically stated that he did not want a VPS package because he didn't want to have to worry about managing it, why would you think he would be interested in a dedicated server? Also, he stated that he wanted to be hosted in the US so I'm sure that a UK based server would not interest him
    XeHost.net - Hosting websites since 1999!
    Shared Hosting, Cloud Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS Hosting, and Dedicated Servers
    End-User Support, WHMCS, and WHMReseller Available on Reseller Plans!
    Follow us on Twitter - new special every Sunday! @XeHost

Quote Originally Posted by XeHSean View Post
    If he specifically stated that he did not want a VPS package because he didn't want to have to worry about managing it, why would you think he would be interested in a dedicated server? Also, he stated that he wanted to be hosted in the US so I'm sure that a UK based server would not interest him
    Actually he gave the price in UK Pounds, but he said it is US Based
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks