Thread: Email Hosting

Email Hosting

Does anyone know what is the most cost effective email alternative to MS Exchange? Our users still want to use Outlook and functional integration between the Outlook client and the email server is important.

Sector 0 0 1
    Zimbra might be a solution you can look into, going to be implementing it myself in the coming weeks.
    Hi, I'm Ron, a pleasure to meet you!

UK: Oxford
    Theres webmail, It use's its own server, you can download a file that will intergrate the email address into any email programe. Its what I use and save's me having to use the web browser all the time to check email.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by ForeCloud View Post
    Does anyone know what is the most cost effective email alternative to MS Exchange? Our users still want to use Outlook and functional integration between the Outlook client and the email server is important.
    How many users do you have? And can you elaborate on "functional integration"? Depending on your answers, you may find that Google Apps for your Domain is the most cost-effective in that it's free.
    Forayweb - Online Solutions for Your Business
    Expert Hosting and Pay-As-You-Go Web Services

Minneapolis, MN
    I throw in my vote for Zimbra as well. Licensing is cheaper than Outlook, and you can also get hosted email significantly cheaper than Outlook. I think the features are also better.

Also, if you are on a strict budget and don't want to license, you can get the Open Source version and use Zimbra Desktop as an alternative to Outlook, which provides basically the same functionality.
    01 Networks / Hosting and Consulting Services
    Pay as you Go hosting -- the cheapest prices in town.
    Zimbra (Network Edition and Open Source) Hosting
    100% full uptime guarantee / 24x7x365 support

The _most_ cost effective solution must be Google Apps, as it's free (non-premium accounts). It does however not provide the same benefits as Zimbra does.

Check out Kerio Mail Server. I have been using it for over a year now and could not be happier. It can be installed on Windows, Linux and Mac and works perfectly with Outlook and mobile devices. It operates well on a 512M server.
    ZZ Servers - Business Hosting, HIPAA and PCI Compliant Hosting Solutions -
    Xen Virtual Private Servers | Dedicated Servers | Shared Hosting
    Custom configurations, firewall, VPN, load balancers, private networks and more.

Santa Monica, CA
    Some hosts do have exchange alternatives. The plans will let you create group calendars, share contacts and give you mobile access.

Was hosted exchange out of your price range? Why alternate?

I also vote for Zimbra i.e. there service is good and you are able as a hoster to offer interesting license-wise hosted solutions

the functionnalities are pay as you use - real saas

Datacenter Luxembourg
    sglange AT dclux DOT com

Business Email Hosting
    This is the One e-mail Hosting service Which I Know

Key Features of This Business email hosting solution
    1)The business email hosting solution is focused on Small / Medium / Large corporates needing an extremely reliable and high speed business email hosting solution with Antivirus and Antispam features.

2)They also provide complete managed business email solutions on dedicated servers with an end to end business email hosting solution incase of large corporates requiring several thousands of business email accounts.
    3)Their business email solution is extremely reliable enough for the largest corporates to out source their email to us while at the same extremely affordable to justify the cost. Our business email solution cuts cost for our client by way of extremely low maintenance, total protection from viruses and zero investment on any kind of hardware or software.

4)Their business email hosting solution can be use even if your domain name / web site hosting is provided with some third party service provider.