I have problem with godaddy so i need new shared hosting

Hi,

as title said i have problem with godaddy. I am using them for like 10 months now. At start it was good no downtime good speed etc. But like 3 months ago problem started, from like 6pm and after that (whole day time in US) server works like dead horse. It needs like 30 or more sec to load one page. Some times ftp times out. I am using Joomla websites so i am sure they dont need much to work normaly, i even tryed to install joomla with default simple content and it worked REALLY slow. I used reverse IP to see how many domains is there on that server and it said there are over 4000 domains.

I know shared hostings are not that fast in peak time but is 10sec of 1 page load time too much to ask?

First they send me this link: dev.mysql.com/tech-resources/presentations/presentation-oscon2000-20000719/index.html
    then i said to them i have same problem with fresh joomla installation and that it just happens for like 8h (or so )every day.

"Unfortunately, the nature of shared hosting can result in less than optimal performance during peak usage periods. We can only advise that you consider migrating to a virtual dedicated environment to ensure that you have the dedicated resources for your web site.
    "
    So ok, it works less optimal in peak time, does word less means 30-40x slower?

I cant express how much i am pissed off.
    After all that i have decided to change hosting. I have about 1 month left on godaddy and after that i will change hosting for sure.

So can u guys help me?

Now i have 2 Joomla sites and i am working on 2 more and i have like 2-3 test ones.

This is what i use on godaddy now:

Total Usage: 854.11MB of 1,500,000.00 MB

Peak Usage: 801.00 MB of 150,000.00 MB

As u see sites dont have much bandwidth usage, when i finish other 2 they may have like 2-4(max)GB/month and disc space will go max up to 1.5GB.

I need about 15 MySQL
    And about 10-15 domains

I can pay up to 7-8$ if hosting is really good i could go for 10$ max.

So what i need is:
    Space 10 GB (or more)
    Bandwidth 30 GB (or more)
    10-15 MySQL
    10-15 domains
    Would like Europe host (i am from europe)
    They need to have easy account upgrade if i need more space, bandwidth or VPS. (I am planing to make one website where users will be able to upload their pics so i think i next 6 months my needs will go up)

AND ONE MOST IMPORTANT THING IS:
    Page load must be normal. When i say normal i mean: if page take (lets say) 2-3 sec to load in peak time it cant go over 10sec.

SO i guess i dont want any overselling company, or reselling one.

I was looking at few i have found on this forum:

-GeekSRV (it looks nice but they look like small company, i would not like to buy hosting and in 2-3 months they go down, and their disc space is too low)
    -Hosting Marketers (dont really know what to think of them, they seem to be all about video hosting)
    - Downtownhost (they r too expensive prices are good if u want to pay for 3 years, but for 1 year or 6 months its too much)

I didnt even look at "big" companys coz i am sure they are all same like godaddy.

So have u ppl any idea what could i do?

Sorry for long post and for my bad English.

Zvjezdan

Do you actually need 10GB or is that for future expansion?

Quote Originally Posted by GeekSRV View Post
    Do you actually need 10GB or is that for future expansion?
    now i need like i said 2 max 4GB but i next 2-3 months it will go up but in next 2 -3 months i will use up to 4GB for sure. So it would be nice to have like 10GB for next 6 months and then i can see can i afford VPS. I said i need 10GB coz i dont want to change plans every 1-2 months.

I think i could go with 5GB but if server work really good.

edit: GeekSRV looks nice but disk space is too low, dunno if they have custom plans

Have you tried looking at the offers forum?
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

Quote Originally Posted by midnightsoftware View Post
    Have you tried looking at the offers forum?
    i am doing it now.

Anyone know anything about stablehost?

Try searching up a review of them here on WHT using the search function .

I personally haven't seen many good reviews for GoDaddy's shared hosting or any hosting services for that matter. They're an awesome domain registrar though and probably always will be.

However, looking at your requirements and budget, they seem reasonable. If you go with a host that doesn't oversell or oversells lightly then you should be able to expect much faster loading times for your websites than you did with GoDaddy. Good luck on your search!

Quote Originally Posted by zvjezdan View Post
    i am doing it now.

Anyone know anything about stablehost?
    http://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en...G=Search&meta=

Yes there are many providers out there that should be easily able to acoomodate your needs, take a peak at the offers section, check out some reviews, maybe have a nice chat with possible providers etc, Best of Luck!
    http://www.caperhosting.net - web/shells/ircd/shoutcast hosting!
    Live Chat sales/support on website
    WHMCS billing system and client login
    CaperHosting.net We care about everyone!

To be quite honest, with all that you listed, especially with these 'up coming sites', you might want to move to a dedi. all that usuage can sometimes get your account suspended with some hosts, which Is quite annoying, but with a dedi, they dont care what you do or use it for.

I know most companys only allow a 5% CPU usage before the moniter and suspend peoples accounts.
    Garbott Ltd - Professional web development & consultancy services
    Oxford.Hosting - Prestigious shared, cloud, dedicated and gaming hosting solutions.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    Hi there!

Please let us know if you have any questions about our service.
    Hi,

I send u ppl email at 18:46, got replay at 18:54 and i even put "not urgent" in title

So far so good.

Replay was not some copy/paste from FAQ or something.

That is EVEN better.

At godaddy u need about 24h (minimum) to get replay and its usually some FAQ and u dont get replay to what u asked.

i am 99% sure i will go on stablehost in 30 days.

Ty for all your help. And when i start using stablehost i will post review for sure.

Have a nice day and thank you again for replays and help.

"Unfortunately, the nature of shared hosting can result in less than optimal performance during peak usage periods. We can only advise that you consider migrating to a virtual dedicated environment to ensure that you have the dedicated resources for your web site."
    That is utter non sense. A properly managed shared hosting environment will not regularly reach a point where performance is significantly affected.

To be quite honest, with all that you listed, especially with these 'up coming sites', you might want to move to a dedi.
    New sites then to require time in order to grow. Shared hosting (eventually, high end / semi-dedicated) would surely be a valid option in the mean time.

I know most companys only allow a 5% CPU usage before the moniter and suspend peoples accounts.
    5% usage is still quite generous if one pays $10 and thus must share the account with some 100 other customer, if not a lot more.

And when i start using stablehost i will post review for sure.
    Sounds like a good plan!

I really cant pay for dedicated server. If my need goes up so i need dedicated server i am sure money from ads will go up too. So then u would be able to pay, for now i dont need more then 3-4GB and 10GB transfer.

And about new site, well it is something that will grow slowly, if i see i need more resources i will buy dedicated but for start shared will be ok

That is utter non sense. A properly managed shared hosting environment will not regularly reach a point where performance is significantly affected.
    I sent them one little harsh email after i got that replay.. i hope they wont shut down my account lol. Well i did not insult or things like that, i have just said they should not be in hosting business and that they think customers are idiots and they do not care about them.

Well with your current usages you will not even need a VPS or dedicated server. As Dan have said a high end shared hosting should work fine especially in terms of performance.

If you are located in the Europe you may want to look for UK hosting services, which can be a little pricey when compared to US servers but if you are not running anything that needs good latency, US hosting services should be fine as long as their server performs fast enough.
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Sorry to hear you've had problems with Godaddy. I agree that a higher end shared hosting package will best suit you, but be careful when choosing a hosting company and make sure you read their terms of service carefully so you won't get burned or pay for something that you can't get.

Zvjezdan -

GoDaddy servers are in Arizona, USA. Are you oversees? It may be a network problem between you and GoDaddy. If you provide me your domain name I can do some checking.

the problem is 4000 domains on one server and it only takes one large site to kill it for all. You need a host that is going to look out for you, making sure that no server is over loaded with domains. Sometimes companies forget who they are working for when they get big. That is not good..
    Cpwebhosting.net where the customer is first
    Great Affiliate Program Call 321-205-9003
    Earn on CPA up to $100.00 on Shared Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by zvjezdan View Post
    . I used reverse IP to see how many domains is there on that server and it said there are over 4000 domains.
    Quote Originally Posted by rcrrich View Post
    the problem is 4000 domains on one server and it only takes one large site to kill it for all. .
    Reverse IP only gives you what is in dns, not what is on server.

Well I once wanted to host with godaddy, I use them for my domain registrations but once I saw how long each page of the godaddy site itself takes to load at night. I figured better I host somewhere else (no offense to them of course)
    SpexHost - Hosting websites for over a decade!
    WebHosting Reseller Hosting VPS hosting Dedicated Servers DDoS Mitigation
    cPanel/WHM - SSL - Domains - Softaculous - 24/7 support - Secure - Daily Backups -
    Uptime Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by LBritton View Post
    Tacthost, maniahost and limehosting all are good reliable hosts that suit ur needs
    I've never heard any of those webhosts, where did you find them?
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.