There is only one reason why I will not use FireFox or Chrome...

I cannot believe that I am the only person who is EXTREMELY ANNOYED at how Chrome and FireFox automatically jumps to another site when the mousewheel button is pressed over a link. I am ALWAYS pressing the mousewheel button to bring up the navigation arrows so that I can quickly scroll up and down a page, and when I do this over a link or active image, it opens up a new window. IE doesn't do this, only Chrome and FireFox and it is beyond annoying. Why am I the only one who HATES this? At least give me a freaking option to disable that stupid feature please.

If your using IE, its because IE is a Microsoft crappy product. The mouse-wheel is a third button, not just a scroll button.
    Sean Marvin, Owner and Operator of Cross Industries, LLC
    Cross Industries - Affordable Technology Solutions
    --> http://www.crossindustries.net
    My E-Mail? marvin_s@x-ind.com Phone? +1 (843) 879-8293

Nope, only you

Yes Microsoft sucks, but the only thing that doesn't suck is that it doesn't automatically open up a new window if you use the third button over a link accidentally. So do you guys just point and drag the scrollbar on the right hand side is that how you scroll?

I scroll with the wheel.

LOL I scroll with the wheel too. Isn't that the point of it?? If you click & hold you can scroll with the arrow thing too.

Anyways, no, I'm not annoyed by it. It opens tabs and it's awesome. It's just one of those things that if you're use to doing something one way, it takes awhile to get the hang of the change... make the switch, you'll get it eventually.

I was using Fire Fox for about a week now im back to my Internet Explore 8 :p
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Quote Originally Posted by Orien View Post
    I scroll with the wheel.
    Even on large pages where you have to scroll forever to get to the bottom?

I say its a users fault for not knowing how to configure their operating system personally. never mind what web browser your using...

why use mouse three click to move up and down when you can just use the wheel?

average response when I ask that..cause it only does 1-3 lines at a time and takes too long...

here is how to solve that:

Start>Settings>Control Panel>Hardware and Sound>Mouse>Wheel>"Can set any lines or per page if you wanted."

job done.

nothing wrong with firefox and ive never accidently used mouse three when surfing.

Quote Originally Posted by lexington View Post
    Even on large pages where you have to scroll forever to get to the bottom?
    just press the End key on your keyboard to get to the bottom (to go to the top press Home key)

Or spacebar to go down one screen, and SHIFT - spacebar to go up.
    I use the middle button scroll arrow thingy occasionally, but find I simply roll the wheel to move up and down most often. My Mouse also has a slow scroll button above and below the wheel...and forward/back buttons on it's left side. I accidentally hit those some times.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization

Try, and this is drastic, not middle-clicking on a link but on the webpage. Your favorite little arrows appear.
    WHT is now used as the Universal Hosting Helpdesk.

FF tops my list of browsers.
    Chris, Developer/Programmer,
    https://www.chrisranjana.com/
    Php laravel developers, Node Python developers,
    AWS Certified | Python developers | Nodejs Developers | Devops

Personally, I only really open new tabs using the middle mouse button in Firefox, it's an awesomely handy shortcut.

Additionally, I also use it to scroll by both rolling as well as clicking it, depending on how I want to move around the page. If I want to click to scroll using the wheel, I just don't do it over a hyperlink.

HAHA, learned some cool shortcuts I did not know about in firefox today.

And I always just scroll up and down with the middle scroll, but I never click it.

BTW, dont you guys hate when you get used to the third mouse button and then you have to work on a computer with a 2 button mouse, tricks the crap out of my brain.

Quote Originally Posted by RajanUrs View Post
    just press the End key on your keyboard to get to the bottom (to go to the top press Home key)
    Page up and page down work wonders also the less I have to use a mouse the better... <3 keyboard shortcuts.
    Who is General Fault, and why is he reading my disk?

I scroll with the wheel as well. It's very rare that I accidentally press it in.

My logitech mouse software suppresses that feature and just gives me the option TS refered to. When I click my mouse wheel, I get this up and down thingy as well. In Firefox ánd chrome

Quote Originally Posted by Jay August View Post
    My logitech mouse software suppresses that feature and just gives me the option TS refered to. When I click my mouse wheel, I get this up and down thingy as well. In Firefox ánd chrome
    Ditto to that, never had that issue with my mouse. However, I still tend to use IE8 for general browsing. I really dig the built in privacy software and it feels less bloated than firefox these days. It also doesn't crash as much as firefox does at the most random times. I need to give Chrome a try as i've been hearing good things.
    Jay Weissman
    LeopardHost.com | Modern and affordable hosting solutions