Thinking about a vps for a project of mine

I am building a website creator/maintainer and I wanted to host it for people for free with paid options. I originally looked at going for a straight reseller but I am now thinking that a vps wold be a better idea as I don't want a monthly bandwidth cap. Could someone please advise me and/or suggest a vps that will allow reselling of sites and lets you upgrade parts of you plan after you buy? I was thinking of starting pretty cheap and expanding from there as need arose

Basically, you'll be able to choose suitable VPS server. And website reselling, package and features upgrade - is Control panel functions. WHM allow you to create unlimited accounts, and you'll be able to change limits for them . But you'll need to manage your website creator features also, and probably integrate your web creator to WHM or any other control panel.

Once you have your VPS set up, you can control all of your reselling/hosting etc. Most people will go with a hosting control panel (that you install yourself, or get your provider to install) such as DirectAdmin or cPanel/WHM.

Most providers will allow you to upgrade as you need to without issues - i'd contact any possible hosts, and ensure that this is possible.

Do you have any experience with running a server system (whether Windows or Linux). If not, it might be wise to look at a managed option.

What i've said is basically the same as the post above - but hopefully a little easier to understand!
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

Quote Originally Posted by waterfoul View Post
    as I don't want a monthly bandwidth cap.
    Although not a cap, most VPS plans also have a monthly bandwidth limit. You should look for a plan that offer enough bandwidth to cover your current usage, and maybe ask the provider how much the extra bandwidth costs.
    EnjoyVPS: Low cost unmanaged VPS - OpenVZ and Xen
    SimpliQ: Domain registration, Managed Services: Shared Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers

Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Costin View Post
    Although not a cap, most VPS plans also have a monthly bandwidth limit. You should look for a plan that offer enough bandwidth to cover your current usage, and maybe ask the provider how much the extra bandwidth costs.
    Oops, i forgot to mention that bit!
    Regards,
    Leigh

Host High - reliable UK hosting

As Adrian said there will be a bandwidth limit for VPS. Since you are just starting you can first go with a reseller with enough bandwidth and then gradually upgrade to a vps. Just ask about the options for an upgrade.

If you are really looking to start off strong, go with a provider that provides high end VPS's with good specifications and bandwidth. It might be a bit more costly but will give you more to work with.
    Charles W. @ Nexeon Technologies, Inc. - Have a question? PM or email me directly! - c[@]nexeon.com
    Dedicated servers, colocation, cloud, game servers, on-site & remote DDoS protection, and more! Managed options available.
    Data Centers in Chicago, New York, & more! IPv4 and IPv6 available! Contact us for data center buildout & network consultation.
    InstantDedis.com - Instantly delivered dedicated servers located in Chicago, New York, and Dallas.