linking on PR 5~8 question

mysite.com has PR of 2....

yesterday i bought bunch of links.

2 x PR8 link

10 x PR5 link

would this benefit my SEO?

Yes absolutely, linking to high PR websites will benefit your SEO. You can easily rank on SERP also. Just be sure that you are using the right keyword.
    Well, good luck!

it will keep in mind that if there many links today and none tommorow can look strange to MR G

PR does nothing for SEO. You have been conned. But whilst you are about it why not see if you can find Googles snitch page, report yourself for buying links just to see if they penalise you. Bad move.

Links from high PR sites may (or may not) increase your PR, and anchor text links from other sites can increase your rankings EXCEPT, if Google discovers that you bought these links they will be devalued at least and you might be banned at worst.

Not the smoothest move, friend.
    I plan to live forever - so far so good
    Expert SEO |Sash Windows London

how would they know it was purchased ?

if so, i will just buy links for you and have you banned by google.

LOL how did you find out about the links you purchased? Do you think Google cannot find out the same way or in ten other ways.

Sure you can do that if you have deep enough pockets.

Quote Originally Posted by jjk2 View Post
    how would they know it was purchased ?

if so, i will just buy links for you and have you banned by google.
    Patterns my friend, patterns in the sand and Googles snitch page. Google are not stupid but you and I are as predictable as the day is long.

Yes, if you have high PR back links from relevant site then you should definitely get good PR.

I don't think it's worth paying for links and you might get caught by Google. But I wouldn't worry too much, you probably won't be.

The affect all depends on the sites and whether they're related to yours.

If it is an agent dedicated in selling high PR links, it might hurt you some day, because they would not only sell the link just to you! So, be cautious on buying links.

Yes, getting backlinks from the page you post the link to must have a High PageRank and not just the domain itself. If the sites homepage has a high PR, the SEO juice will pass to your site regardless of the PR of the page your link is on.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Quote Originally Posted by inspiron View Post
    Yes, getting backlinks from the page you post the link to must have a High PageRank and not just the domain itself. If the sites homepage has a high PR, the SEO juice will pass to your site regardless of the PR of the page your link is on.

HUH?!?! Sorry but you can have a PR8 home page and internal pages with a PR0 and if your link is from the PR0 page it will not help your PR one whit.

Search engines are about pages not sites.

Quote Originally Posted by Melnel View Post
    LOL how did you find out about the links you purchased? Do you think Google cannot find out the same way or in ten other ways.

Sure you can do that if you have deep enough pockets.
    so again, it means i can do the same for my competitor's websites, and get them banned according to the logic here.

Sure your can If you want to spend your money on things other than getting your site ranking better. I call that negative SEO and its a recipe for bankruptcy.

No matter how many competitors you destroy there are a thousand others doing positive things to their sites, while you are doing nothing for yours. Guess who will win?

If google finds out that you've actually bought links just to get good PR, you'll be banned forever and you'll have no option except changing your domain.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Do you have anything to back up that rather startling statement Shiekh?

Quote Originally Posted by Melnel View Post
    HUH?!?! Sorry but you can have a PR8 home page and internal pages with a PR0 and if your link is from the PR0 page it will not help your PR one whit.

Search engines are about pages not sites.
    You're right, links on innner pages of sites that has PR0 do nothing good to ur website and are useless.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Google do what they believe is good for Google. And the rule is quite simple, don't buy links and when you get caught, don't blame anyone other than yourself.
    Quote Originally Posted by jjk2 View Post
    so again, it means i can do the same for my competitor's websites, and get them banned according to the logic here.
    Do you honestly believe that you should be able to get away with being terminally stupid and dishonest, an argument like that?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheikh Ahsan View Post
    You're right, links on innner pages of sites that has PR0 do nothing good to ur website and are useless.
    Wrong. PR does not equal linkweight, it's merely a guide on how your site's structured and your linkweight is passed. In other words, a good structure would be:

PR4 main page
    PR4 subpages
    PR4 subpages of subpages.

If you have PR4 -> PR0, you're doing it wrong.

The links are NEVER useless and ALWAYS help out with your ranking, with the exception of banned domains which I still believe play somewhat of a part in it.
    Automated Tendencies - Brand Management Agency from Baltimore, Maryland.
    Reputation Management • Search Engine Optimization • Pay Per Click • Email Marketing

Quote Originally Posted by SpeedEXEC View Post
    The links are NEVER useless and ALWAYS help out with your ranking, with the exception of banned domains which I still believe play somewhat of a part in it.
    Ranking yes but PR no. Links which are PR0 will do nothing for your PR, just as variations in PR will have little or no impact on your serp's.

Your page rank has absolutely nothing to do with your websites ranking.

i won't buy links
    and even if i did, i won't post in public
    what's on your mind on earth??

Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    Google do what they believe is good for Google. And the rule is quite simple, don't buy links and when you get caught, don't blame anyone other than yourself.

Do you honestly believe that you should be able to get away with being terminally stupid and dishonest, an argument like that?
    im just applying your "stupid" logic here. if certain action gets me punished by google as you say, i can simply do the same for a competitor. i dont need to take out everyone, but just someone in my niche.

Do you honestly believe you could? Is that what you would do if I am right in saying that buying links could get you penalised? Alternatively are you saying that buying links is OK? Are you saying that its stupid not to buy links because you can't be busted? What are you saying?